Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dark Legions

Andhaira

Arcane
Anyone remember this single or multiplayer strategy/action game? It was by SSI and it was fantastc. You controlled a fntastical army of daemons, berserkes, shapeshifters, elementals, and ogres among other awesome and dark units. Then you proceeded to fight over a map vs one another (or pc opponenet).

It was a great game to play with a friend, either over lan, internet or face to face using the same pc.

The action part was a bit button mashy, but it was fun. My fave unit was the shapeshifter, followed by the wizard, daemon and vampire. The Ogre was awesome too, as was its ability to transform into a pile of rocks.

overtenemy

Augur
I remember it. Doubt many people here would like it. The combat takes place entirely one on one. When you move a unit onto an enemy square or vice versa, the two units on the same square duke it out. Definitely not the grandest of strategy games. Bear in mind this is an Andhaira thread.

Psilon

Erudite
It was pretty fun for the time. I always enjoyed backing Illusionists up with a Templar healing squad, then summoning hordes of Fire Elementals. Sure, they could only take a single hit, but you could inflict obscene amounts of damage on any of the melee units. Especially Trolls (not ogres) and Demons.

sheek

Arbiter
Vaguely remember a game with a name like that, which I played on a friend's computer when we scrounged computer magazine shareware discs for demos of anything. Basically a top-down battlefield square-based tiles?

Another game I have vague memories of which I really want to find was some kind of RPG. The view was arcadish top-down but graphics were depicted from the side (like RPGMaker). It was about witches and was medieval fantasy type world.

Andhaira

Arcane
@Sheek: Do you recall if it was western crpg or japense rpg?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom