Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex for Graphic Whores

User was nabbed fit

Welcome to the Codex. Years of kingcomrade posting as 90% of the other forum members here has left the other 10% paranoid.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Xaus said:
Dicksmoker said:
Xaus said:
racofer said:
Xaus said:
Really? I will just say Deus Ex 2 is shitz cuz everybody says so, then I can fit in.
If I wanted to do that then I'd call every single game that wasn't Arcanum, Fallout 1 & 2, Planescape: Torment, and Baldur's Gate 2 shit, mediocre, boring, retarded while throwing in some lines about consoletards and reminiscing about the days of having to draw your own minimap with a pencil.
Let us know the name of your other account and we can check and see if you've done that.
I just love this fucking place. Getting accused every 5 minutes of being like 12 different people on here.
Yeah right. On your first day you make 20 posts? Sorry, it's obvious you're an alt.

Last edited:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Or do this:

stfu.jpg

Always works.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is New Vision compatible with Revision? Quick, before the Steam download finishes.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Jasede said:
Is New Vision compatible with Revision? Quick, before the Steam download finishes.
I think they are compatible , as in "the game will run fine"-compatible, but there will probably be some overlapping textures. So, the one you install last will have all of it's textures intact. C&C my dear yiffster. (checking the revision site/forum might also be a good idea , just to be sure)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Thanks, will do. Can't wait to play Deus Ex action-y this time. It's funny, Paul wants you not to use violence, but I found it impossible to save him when I did my "kill nobody" thing - because I lacked firepower! Should have asked for the GEP.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Jasede said:
Thanks, will do. Can't wait to play Deus Ex action-y this time. It's funny, Paul wants you not to use violence, but I found it impossible to save him when I did my "kill nobody" thing - because I lacked firepower! Should have asked for the GEP.
You can save him even in a no-kills game. Just run/sneak past the agents and leave the hotel through the front door.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
ghostdog said:
Jasede said:
You can save him even in a no-kills game. Just run/sneak past the agents and leave the hotel through the front door.

IIRC his "immortal" flag is turned on, so yea all you need to do is go through the front door (Going through the window is BUGGED and if you do he dies). The Shifter modactually fixes that.

You should give the shifter mod a try. I last played with it and it was pretty fucking cool.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Sure, downloading it now. But I read it "adds new weapons and augmentations". Call me suspicious, but I have never seen any mod, at all, that added "new stuff" (as opposed to improving what is there) that was good.

We'll see!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Jasede said:
Sure, downloading it now. But I read it "adds new weapons and augmentations". Call me suspicious, but I have never seen any mod, at all, that added "new stuff" (as opposed to improving what is there) that was good.

We'll see!

It was nothing too drastic. It did up the power of a few melee weapons. Which I really liked, and was able to do a full no kill run-through. And it fixes a ton of bugs.

Jinxed

Liturgist
I tried to play DX ages ago when the first opengl patch came out. Even though I am a diehard RPG gamer I found the game too overwhelming in substance and too simplistic in graphics. I was always more fantasy than scifi as well. I know I missed a cult classic, but being 26 now with a job and girlfriend its kinda hard to get me to play anything other than JA2. I just don't have the time for anything else. Sad. I thank God that I was in my mid teens when Fallout came out and I was able to play it for days without end... Arcanum when I just started uni and then still had loads of time for Bloodlines. Not to mention Betrayal at Krondor or Master of Orion... Eh. I miss the good old days when I actually could play for days undisturbed.

There are so many mods out there that refresh JA2, and because I know the game inside out I know exactly when I can play and quit. I cannot afford to get stuck with a game playing till the break of dawn because it's so fucking good and I'm curious what's next. So take your fancy DX mod and shove it up your ass.

Jasede said:

We'll see!
It also restores somelost content and lots of little things like not automatically picking up combat knives if you have a better melee weapon already.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Jinxed said:
I tried to play DX ages ago when the first opengl patch came out. Even though I am a diehard RPG gamer I found the game too overwhelming in substance...
WAT

Squirly

Educated
Rohit_N said:
Going through the window is BUGGED and if you do he dies
Dammit.

What do you mean 'bugged'? If you run away like a pussy, he dies. If you stay and fight, he survives. Sure you can sneak out through the front door and the 'paul survives' flag is still set, but that's more of a mission anyway and not half as spectacular.

Spector himself called that one of the greatest moments in Deus Ex, where everything hangs on how the player reacts. Do you just blindly follow what the game tells youto do or do you go 'NO WAI!' and whip out the 7.62 and LAMs in order to take out the MiB?

It's almost like the game gives you ... choices and consequences.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
It says, "Deus Ex gfx & gameplay improved".

Who is so arrogant to think he can improve Deus Ex's gameplay?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom