Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Fallout 3: Aliens - Since Vampires weren't Enough

entertainer

Arbiter
Darth Roxor said:
facepalm2.jpg

NiM82

Prophet
I don't think stumbling across a crashed UFO is that out of kilter with the setting, UFOs tied in nicely with the whole 50s culture/vision. I actually quite liked the way Beth approached that in F3, with the radio tracking beacon and signs the Army had been doing a recovery when the bombs dropped. One of the few memorable/fairly well executed things in it imo.

But fighting off aliens, abductions, no doubt going into space... lul wut? Someone been playing too much Prey there?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Ion Flux said:
Has this game reached the zone yet?

If you can find it for 20 bucks or so, sure.

Ausir said:
Isn't it just MCA's retcon from FOB that can be ignored by Beth, though?

Possibly, though I doubt they intend to use Wanamingos as aliens. They aliens appear to be the standard bigheads. Maybe the Wanamingos are their dogs.

Ausir

Arcane
Well, there are wanamingo concept sketches in the FO3 collector's edition artbook. And yeah, I was thinking that they might use wanamingos as pets of the humanoid ones.

Silellak

Cipher
First interview!

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/983/983990p2.html

IGN: What about for Mothership Zeta?

Todd Howard: If you poke around Fallout 3, you can find a crashed UFO with an alien inside that is broadcasting a signal your Pip-Boy picks up. This is where you can get the alien blaster. Well, Mothership Zeta is answering the distress call. You get abducted and the whole thing takes place on a giant alien spacecraft. It's one of those classic 50's B movie type things, but with a harder edge.

I thought it was Bioware's job to make things EXTREME?

The sad thing is, Point Look could actually be a decent piece of DLC. A new open-world area in what used to be a Maryland state park - a place "where the bombs didn't actually fall, but the world has left it behind." Too bad they had to announce it alongside this terrible ALIEN ABDUCTION idea.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Man, Bethesda is improving so much, I simply can't wait for new great improvements that await me in TES 5.0

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
Jim Cojones said:
Same goes for "power armor training", "concentrated fire", "survival expert" and a few more Fo3 perks. :wink:

Oh right. I forgot this was a perk. I completely lost any interest in this game about a year ago so Bethesda's cleverness passed me by.

Jinxed

Liturgist
But that's where the alien blaster comes from you fools. You got abducted by aliens but escaped from captivity, got hold of one of their blasters and teleported it through time for the Vault Dweller to find. Beth is just filling in the all important gaps in Fallout history for us. At least show some appreciation.

bert

Arcane
I betcha there's a buff character aboard the alien ship named "Baron Nukes-alot".

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I betcha all four of you are wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom