Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No interparty banter at all in BG2

Vibalist

Arcane
So I've searched around, both here and on the web, to see if I could find a solution for this, but I haven't been able to so far.
The problem I have is that the banter between party members in BG2 doesn't seem to be triggering. I'm currently at Brynnlaw, with a party consisting of Viconia, Jaheira, Valygar, Nalia and Jan, and so far not one of them have spoken a single word to each other or my character. The only dialogue that seems to be triggering is Jaheira and Viconias romance dialogue.
What kind of strange bug is this, and have any of you guys experienced anything like it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Vibalist

Arcane
Major_Boobage said:
Lol i searched google and i found your own topic. haahah. :)

Hah, that's exactly what I mean. Nothing comes up whatsoever on Google, so I'm completely stomped here.

Try the CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime('big number') command and see what happens. CTRL+I forced banter/dialogue in BG1, not sure if it does it in BG2. It might be a different cheat key. That's the only solution I can think of.

elander_

Arbiter
I only wish there was also a bug to disable alignment reactions. BG2 would be so much better.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah it would be so much better of your actions bear no consequence.

Vibalist have you installed the latest fixpack by Baldurdash?

Piety

Shitpostin'
Codex 2012 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera
Second on the fixpack... That's a required install on every playthrough, should be part of your standard installation right after the official patch. Use baldurdash or (even better, since it's still supported/updated) the G3 Fixpack from www.gibberlings3.net. You also might ask about this problem on their forums, you'll probably get better/more specific answers.

Vibalist

Arcane
My only problem with the fixpack (which I've installed now) is that it really doesn't say anything about fixing this particular problem in the readme. Anyway, thanks for the assistance guys, I'll let you know how it works out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom