Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alpha Protocol - RPS's impressions

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You tell me, you're one.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
RPS said:
How in one instance you could slip your way through, those you killed never knowing you were coming, the rest never realising you’d been

?

This doesn't quite sound like a description of a shootout killing spree with gore landing in every possible part of the map.
It is called "Reading comprehension". Again even in a stealth walkthrough they were still killing enemies - and even used the retarded "hide in the plain sight and kill the enemy while being invisible" shit. This is what kids consider stealth walkthrough today?
Just why should I spend time sneaking past a few enemies if it will be easier to just kill them all because I will still have to?

Oh yeah, sure. Just like in System Shock 2 where you could go hack stuff with 0 cyber affinity and you'd still face the same silly, easy connect-the-dots minigame. Just except that probably every dot would be a red dot that could blow up when used.
And System Shock 2's minigame sucked hard (and it still required logical thinking unlike AP). Your point again?

The other previews that show nothing except very skimpy pieces of random dialogues?
So skimpy pieces of random dialogues don't count? Ah it's only stuff that was never shown and will be good because developers just like to show bad parts counts.

God, the beginning of the game is shit because it doesn't throw superextrafuckinguberdifficult stuff that needs 495764564895675 in random skill right at the start, doesn't show thousands of difficult moral choices that all have far reaching (but somehow instantly visible) consequences etc. Isn't it fucking obvious that the first area will be more or less easier in every aspect than the later areas, to make you more accustomed with the game?
What about the area where Thorton was fighting inside the building which was not in Russia and had exactly the same retarded gameplay?
What about the Middle-East area which had exactly the same retarded gameplay too and a cliche bad guy?
"Too early in the game" I bet.

Fallouts must be the shittiest games ever, just look at their starting locations!
Of course - let's look Fallout never had inane writing right from the start, the very first city that you get to 3 minutes after the game starts already had C&Cs and meaningful gameplay.
Ah but you must be talking about Fallout 2! Let's see the first location was shit. The writing was dumb. And surprise surprise - it was like that throughout the whole game.
Nice comparisons, man.

elander_ said:
MetalCraze said:
I guarantee you that even after a dozen of New Vegas previews and videos the exactly same fanboys will cry here "it's too early to judge/it's too early in the game

Wait skyway you already know that NV is going to be shit even without seeing any material? Your IQ must be like 200. You are amazing.

Yes because when developer from a studio with bad track record himself states that it will be shit it doesn't count. Just like with Fallout 3 - wait you are saying that Fallout 3 will be like Oblivion even though there wasn't a single preview? Your IQ must be like 200. You're amazing.
And of course being hired by Beth to do a mod for Fallout 3 Obsidian just will turn it into a TB game with correct SPECIAL system and proper Fallout gameplay.
Tbh you only need an IQ that is higher than an IQ of a dumb consumer sheep to see and understand basic things like these.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
MetalCraze said:
It is called "Reading comprehension". Again even in a stealth walkthrough they were still killing enemies - and even used the retarded "hide in the plain sight and kill the enemy while being invisible" shit. This is what kids consider stealth walkthrough today?
Just why should I spend time sneaking past a few enemies if it will be easier to just kill them all because I will still have to?

Oh, sorry, I didn't realise that taking down a few enemies means killing everyone in a giant killing spree. My bad.

And System Shock 2's minigame sucked hard. Your point again?

That you're a flip-flopping retard who first argues about skills influencing actions, but then talks about the quality of said actions.

So skimpy pieces of random dialogues don't count? Ah it's only stuff that was never shown and will be good because developers just like to show bad parts counts.

Yes, because completely random and out of context pieces of dialogue that are only meant to show how the dialogue system works sure count for a lot of info :roll:

What about the area where Thorton was fighting inside the buildign which was not in Russia and had exactly the same retarded gameplay?
What about the Middle-East area which had exactly the same retarded gameplay too and a cliche bad guy?

These previews showed only complete shootouts and nothing else. The only info you could get from them is shooter-related. Hard to judge them for their stealth and story merits, eh?

Of course - let's look Fallout never had inane writing right from the start

Yeah, because it had such colossal writing gems at the start, like "You see a rat. It's lightly wounded".

the very first city that you get to 3 minutes after the game starts already had C&Cs and meaningful gameplay.

Yeah, deep consequences like getting a different ending slide. Marvelous.

And meaningful gameplay like shooting scorpions in a cave. Magnificent!

circ

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
RPS said:
How in one instance you could slip your way through, those you killed never knowing you were coming, the rest never realising you’d been

This doesn't quite sound like a description of a shootout killing spree with gore landing in every possible part of the map.
Selective reading? That looks to me like they said 'killing someone with stealth'. Not sneaking past every mob in the area. You break peoples necks in a stealthy manner and the like. Get it?

Oh yeah, sure. Just like in System Shock 2 where you could go hack stuff with 0 cyber affinity and you'd still face the same silly, easy connect-the-dots minigame. Just except that probably every dot would be a red dot that could blow up when used.

What's the problem in that? You are probably blind if you can't connect the dots!

Yes, they're going to make the player restart the game because they fucked up their skill adjustment in this day of ME and casual console gaming.

The other previews that show nothing except very skimpy pieces of random dialogues?
How are some videos with up to minutes of dialogue, 'skimpy pieces'?

God, the beginning of the game is shit because it doesn't throw superextrafuckinguberdifficult stuff that needs 495764564895675 in random skill right at the start, doesn't show thousands of difficult moral choices that all have far reaching (but somehow instantly visible) consequences etc. Isn't it fucking obvious that the first area will be more or less easier in every aspect than the later areas, to make you more accustomed with the game?

Fallouts must be the shittiest games ever, just look at their starting locations!

Fallout gets flack for having shitty starting locations all the time. Except again, from the NUMEROUS previews, we haven't seen just starting locations for AP, we have seen many locations, all of which don't dispute anything bad said about AP.

circ

Arcane
elander_ said:
MetalCraze said:
I guarantee you that even after a dozen of New Vegas previews and videos the exactly same fanboys will cry here "it's too early to judge/it's too early in the game

Wait skyway you already know that NV is going to be shit even without seeing any material? Your IQ must be like 200. You are amazing.

Let's see. Shitty as hell engine. Shitty as hell licence after Bethesda got done with it. Obsidian saying that it will be casual. So it involves very few people from the original Fallout licence - that's like saying an Ace Frehley record is a Kiss record.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Jasede said:
You tell me, you're one.

I'm not one of the bitter ones that can't seem to muster any optimism cause they've been let down too many times. Some of you guys could use this:
1231509610485.jpg

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/courage-wolf

MetalCraze

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Oh, sorry, I didn't realise that taking down a few enemies means killing everyone in a giant killing spree. My bad.
Don't weasel out. We were talking about stealth. Now where's this stealth?

And System Shock 2's minigame sucked hard. Your point again?

That you're a flip-flopping retard who first argues about skills influencing actions, but then talks about the quality of said actions.
I don't remember AP's minigame being exactly like a minigame from SS2.
I also don't remember any example of how skill will influence minigame in AP.
I also don't remember saying that there are good minigames.
Perhaps you are not able to use anything but boring strawmen because of butthurt?

Yes, because completely random and out of context pieces of dialogue that are only meant to show how the dialogue system works sure count for a lot of info :roll:
What does context have to do with a quality of writing? Besides Obsidian showed two large pieces of writing in "context" - they sucked.
Also lack of "context" didn't stop you Obsidian fanboys from spilling shit in Dragon Age topics about the writing even though Bioware didn't show said writing once.
It's only when it comes to AP that bashing for exactly same things becomes unfair.

These previews showed only complete shootouts and nothing else. The only info you could get from them is shooter-related. Hard to judge them for their stealth and story merits, eh?
Yes that's why I judge story and stealth merits from everything else. This is actually what I wrote in the post to Jasede - I talk about the gameplay, useless lockpicking skill and gunplay in particular being shit in one video and you jump onto story.
But I want my answer - are those videos still too early into the game too?

Yeah, because it had such colossal writing gems at the start, like "You see a rat. It's lightly wounded".
No seriously - do you even understand what you are writing yourself?

Yeah, deep consequences like getting a different ending slide. Marvelous.
Wow... Just wow. Do I need to say more?

And meaningful gameplay like shooting scorpions in a cave. Magnificent!
Did the fanboy RAGE blinded the last parts of basic adecvate logic in you?
I like how I didn' get a reply about Fallout 2

Rosh

Erudite
elander_ said:

I love being a genius.

Of course, it doesn't take one to realize that in such a short development cycle you'll either get a very small game, or a half-finished game, particularly in a genre with the most complexity and detail involved in the creative process. Look at what Bethesda did for four years - an overhyped Oblivion mod, when other development houses could have written their own engine in the time. The engine must be a serious bitch to work in, given the amount of sloppy hacks Bethesda put into it - and nobody else but they would know it better in its current state of code. Or Bethesda were just being lazy while soaking up a paycheck or dozen from ZeniMax. Now compound that with other development issues.

Take a look at the other Feargus SLAM DUNK! titles from Obsidian. What can I say? It's what they do.

Either way, the game will still be shit, because it will use the same engine/code state as Fallout 3. Just have rushed work on top of that. For fuck's sake, how do they expect to have enough time for a proper QA testing cycle?

denizsi

Arcane
Now keep being a good Codexer and bitch about AP being the worst game ever.

Worst game? Not by a long shot. And I'm not a good Codexer.

I'M BAD!

AND BAD!

That's gotta be one of the most retarded comparisons. Fallout had a kick ass demo to begin with.

Welcome to another thread where virgin nerds engage in an endless debate about the design choices of a game they haven't played.

DUMBED DOWN SHIT DETECTED.

BEAT IT.

JUST BEAT IT.

Michael has left the building.

elander_

Arbiter
circ said:
Let's see. Shitty as hell engine. Shitty as hell licence after Bethesda got done with it. Obsidian saying that it will be casual. So it involves very few people from the original Fallout licence - that's like saying an Ace Frehley record is a Kiss record.

Let's see Fallout 3 got good reviews here at the Codex. It's considered an above average game (until rosh makes his review anyway).

Fallout TB implementation was crappy as hell and yet Fallout was a great crpg. Still people think TB is what makes Fallout a Fallout game. Let's not go into the old argument that you can't roleplay unless it's a TB game.

The game is going to be written by the same guys who worked on the deceased Fallout 3 and some who also worked in previous Fallout games and is considered an awesome game from looking at it's docs.

Fallout was a mainstream crpg. Actually one of the best examples of good mainstreaming except for the crap TB implementation, which didn't stop Fallout from being a great crpg.

Rosh said:
Of course, it doesn't take one to realize that in such a short development cycle you'll either get a very small game, or a half-finished game, particularly in a genre with the most complexity and detail involved in the creative process.

And who said we can't enjoy a small and good game made with say 20 hours of gameplay assuming that they didn't already started to work on the game before they announced it? I certainly can take that. I think what Sawyer and Avellone did with the deceased Fallout 3 at least deserves a chance.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Fallout 3 got good reviews only from dumb retards who think that cRPG is only about story and C&C and close eyes on that everything in F3 is retarded simply because their first "RPG" was KotOR.

And who said we can't enjoy a small and good game made with say 20 hours of gameplay assuming that they didn't already started to work on the game before they announced it? I certainly can take that. I think what Sawyer and Avellone did with the deceased Fallout 3 at least deserves a chance.
And what did they do? So far the only thing Avellone did is raped the shit out of Fallout's setting with New Reno.
Also a good game? How the fuck do you know it will be good considering that its lead designer says himself that they are targeting morons from ESF? ... ... ...Oh!

MetalCraze

Arcane
Don't ask me - ask people who were defending it with "quests do have multiple choices!/omg dialogues are not only "imperial city/rumours"!" in a tone like it was something special.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
elander_ said:
Fallout TB implementation was crappy as hell and yet Fallout was a great crpg. Still people think TB is what makes Fallout a Fallout game. Let's not go into the old argument that you can't roleplay unless it's a TB game.
But making a turn-based combat is quite a natural solution if you want to make a cRPG which gives you experience as close to those brought by PnPs. And if I recall correctly that was a main Fallout design decision. You can't make a Fallout game ignoring it. Also we have to remember that Fallout combat was saved by the fact most fights took place during decently designed encounters (although rats in V15 and Necropolis sewers suck) and being connected to some quests. In every Obsidian game (or any other modern rpg) you're constantly facing situations like: here's a long corridor, you have to go through it and kill like fifty identical enemies. Have fun!

Fallout 3 got good reviews only from dumb retards who think that cRPG is only about story and C&C and close eyes on that everything in F3 is retarded simply because their first "RPG" was KotOR.
I thought it also had good reviews for exploration elements which probably means there are people whose definition of interesting exploration is walking for two minutes, finding a location and ending with big disappointment because something marked on map as an important place is a destroyed house three raiders, repeat.

Chefe

Erudite
Rosh said:
elander_ said:

I love being a genius.

Of course, it doesn't take one to realize that in such a short development cycle you'll either get a very small game, or a half-finished game, particularly in a genre with the most complexity and detail involved in the creative process. Look at what Bethesda did for four years - an overhyped Oblivion mod, when other development houses could have written their own engine in the time. The engine must be a serious bitch to work in, given the amount of sloppy hacks Bethesda put into it - and nobody else but they would know it better in its current state of code. Or Bethesda were just being lazy while soaking up a paycheck or dozen from ZeniMax. Now compound that with other development issues.

Take a look at the other Feargus SLAM DUNK! titles from Obsidian. What can I say? It's what they do.

Either way, the game will still be shit, because it will use the same engine/code state as Fallout 3. Just have rushed work on top of that. For fuck's sake, how do they expect to have enough time for a proper QA testing cycle?

Yea that's why it's a good thing Obsidian is developing this because they have always done an excellent job in the past, especially when dev cycles are short.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
MetalCraze said:
Don't weasel out. We were talking about stealth. Now where's this stealth?

Assuming that you can go through a level while putting down like, 1% of the enemies you'd kill in a shootout playthrough, because you can get passed the others without attracting attention - yeah, that's stealth right there. Not uberfuckinghighquality stealth mind you, but it's not like this was always advertised to be Thief 4. And since there are tranquilizer darts, it's not yet certain whether it's always mandatory to kill everything in sight.

I also don't remember any example of how skill will influence minigame in AP.

I showed you how it might work. I showed you how stupid your accusation of skills not influencing minigames that you can start anyway is on an example of another game that had it done right.

I also don't remember saying that there are good minigames.

And neither do I, flipflopper.

skyway: SKILLZ WON'T INFLUENCE SHIT!!1

me: Like in SS2, where they did, amirite?

skyway 5 minutes later: BUT MINIGAME IN SS2 IS SHIT!!111

Perhaps you are not able to use anything but boring strawmen because of butthurt?

Oh god, skyway accused me of using strawmen.
The ironing.

What does context have to do with a quality of writing? Besides Obsidian showed two large pieces of writing in "context" - they sucked.

I love how you keep complaining about the 'writing', when in reality, if that was any other game that you'd be looking forward to (which is probably impossible), you wouldn't comment on it at all, because it's definitely not repulsive. The only person on the Codex that probably wouldn't be full of shit when complaining about the quality of various forms of writing would be Lesifoere and you're just jumping on the bandwagon of 'Let's list as many negative features as possible!!'. The only games where writing stands out are those that have it horribly idiotic (Fallout 3 level - 'so you're fighting the good fight!') or those that have it magnificent (PS:T and Betrayal at Krondor level with rich descriptions and very advanced vocabulary). I bet that I could show you 5 random pieces of dialogues: from Wiz8, BG2, IWD, Arcanum and MotB without saying whence they came, and you'd probably comment on all of them that they're 'Bioware-level shit that probably came from some shit like ME'.

Also lack of "context" didn't stop you Obsidian fanboys from spilling shit in Dragon Age topics about the writing even though Bioware didn't show said writing once.

Really? Fun, I thought DA was mainly being the object of shitstorms, because it's the new shit with mature boobies.

Yes that's why I judge story and stealth merits from everything else. This is actually what I wrote in the post to Jasede - I talk about the gameplay, useless lockpicking skill and gunplay in particular being shit in one video and you jump onto story.

And yet another thing that needs to be considered when watching previews is that - yes, cpt obvious incoming - they're previews. Which means they're probably on the easiest difficulty possible and the character has dozens of godmodes, stats and gear that is ahead of its gametime.
Now, you tell me, where did I mention that the lockpicking minigame is supahawesome? Or did I praise the gunplay in every possible location? No, I didn't. I said on multiple occasions that they look from clunky (combat) to sucky as fuck (minigames and AI), while you keep assuming that everything I've seen in the vids seems to be really damn fucking great.
And I'm the one using strawmen?

But I want my answer - are those videos still too early into the game too?

Sorry, oh jedi master, I can't see that far into the future to determine that.

No seriously - do you even understand what you are writing yourself?

Oh, unless you mean the opening dialogue with the overseer which is just a generic briefing.

Wow... Just wow. Do I need to say more?

Yeah, wow, the consequences of Shady Sands are some deep shit, amirite

Did the fanboy RAGE blinded the last parts of basic adecvate logic in you?

No, I'm just embracing my inner skyway and commenting on how everything is shit.
Or maybe you'd like to comment on another great piece of meaningful gameplay at the start, like shooting through legions of pigrats in Vault 15?

I like how I didn' get a reply about Fallout 2

Because it wouldn't make any sense, since it would get summed up with 'it was shit, shit, SHIT!!!!', and I'd just waste my time, like I'm wasting it right now while talking to you.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Assuming that you can go through a level while putting down like, 1% of the enemies you'd kill in a shootout playthrough
Really? 1%? Wow you know so much about the game - are you insider? Because you were crying about how we don't know anything yet you know.

because you can get passed the others without attracting attention - yeah, that's stealth right there. Not uberfuckinghighquality stealth mind you, but it's not like this was always advertised to be Thief 4. And since there are tranquilizer darts, it's not yet certain whether it's always mandatory to kill everything in sight.
Who gives a shit about how the game depicts killing - you still put them down - it's like killing except you LARP that you didn't kill them. What about the retarded "invisible sneak attacks"?
That's not stealth, no matter your excuses.

I showed you how it might work. I showed you how stupid your accusation of skills not influencing minigames that you can start anyway is on an example of another game that had it done right.
No it wasn't done right. It sucked, because both minigame and its implementation were retarded.
Also who gives a shit how it might work in SS2. We are talking about AP here, not system shock. Stop jumping onto unrelated topics when you fail at arguments.

And neither do I, flipflopper.

skyway: SKILLZ WON'T INFLUENCE SHIT!!1

me: Like in SS2, where they did, amirite?

skyway 5 minutes later: BUT MINIGAME IN SS2 IS SHIT!!111
Are you retarded or just pretending? What does SS2 have to do with AP? Did Obsidian make SS2 or something? Did it advertised as SS2 spiritual successor? Don't panic when you have no arguments, just relax.

I love how you keep complaining about the 'writing', when in reality, if that was any other game that you'd be looking forward to (which is probably impossible), you wouldn't comment on it at all, because it's definitely not repulsive.
Yes looks like it's time about predikshuns about me. My gawd you just know how it will be.
I was eagerly awaiting for SoZ - I shit on its writing now. More predikshuns?

The only person on the Codex that probably wouldn't be full of shit when complaining about the quality of various forms of writing would be Lesifoere and you're just jumping on the bandwagon of 'Let's list as many negative features as possible!!'.
What stops you from doing the contrary? I mean not crying with dead facts "you will put 1% of enemies".
For starters - starting to talk about Alpha Protocol instead of weaknesses of System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Fallout that somehow should excuse AP fuck ups (even though aforementioned games are better in everything else) and other unrelated games might help.

I bet that I could show you 5 random pieces of dialogues: from Wiz8, BG2, IWD, Arcanum and MotB without saying whence they came, and you'd probably comment on all of them that they're 'Bioware-level shit that probably came from some shit like ME'.
So what you are saying is that Obsidian specially only idiotic examples of dialogues in their presentations? Answer the question.

Really? Fun, I thought DA was mainly being the object of shitstorms, because it's the new shit with mature boobies.
No it was an object of shitstorms because it's cool to bash Bioware among Obsidian fanboys, considering that Obsidian is a lesser Bioware.
I can say too "it's too early to judge the gaem - maybe the writing during sex won't be bad! It's too early into the game to judge! We saw only one preview with sex and it was taken out of context! Not enough informashun"
Why don't you bitch about bagging all chicks in AP? Double standards, eh?

And yet another thing that needs to be considered when watching previews is that - yes, cpt obvious incoming - they're previews. Which means they're probably on the easiest difficulty possible and the character has dozens of godmodes, stats and gear that is ahead of its gametime.
Except we are talking about Obsidian here. In every single one of their games it felt like the difficulty was locked on easy, the AI was dumb, the gameplay was shit. But it's gonna change in AP!! I just know it!!111

Now, you tell me, where did I mention that the lockpicking minigame is supahawesome? Or did I praise the gunplay in every possible location? No, I didn't. I said on multiple occasions that they look from clunky (combat) to sucky as fuck (minigames and AI), while you keep assuming that everything I've seen in the vids seems to be really damn fucking great.
And I'm the one using strawmen?
No you were saying that it is too early into the game to judge the shittiness of the gameplay, which was proven wrong.

Sorry, oh jedi master, I can't see that far into the future to determine that.
Strange - it didn't stop you from seeing far into the future when it comes to everything else.

Oh, unless you mean the opening dialogue with the overseer which is just a generic briefing.
Exactly. The thing is - the dialogue with Z is not a generic briefing and is not an opening to the game. It's stupid. Many other instances of writing are stupid too. I don't remember any of it in Fallout. Stop using strawmen and trying to find a game behind which you can hide, will you?

Because it wouldn't make any sense, since it would get summed up with 'it was shit, shit, SHIT!!!!', and I'd just waste my time, like I'm wasting it right now while talking to you.
Woah, really? I think it is because I would've brought an unpleasant topic about how Feargus and Avellone totally raped Fallout's setting, added extremely retarded writing and characters to it - but Avellone is... he is god! He is awesome! It is impossible!

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I can't comment on the quality of writing in AP, because I didn't follow the previews (won't buy/play this gaem, I didn't buy/play ME or Fo3 too, because I play RPGs not Shooters).
But somehow I'm in doubt whether Skyway is really up to the task to make a sensible assessment regarding the quality of writing. But since quality writing is sirius bizness I'll present this theory: One could replace every single one of Skyways posts with a big dogs turd without any loss of quality... in the writing, I mean.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
MetalCraze said:
Really? 1%? Wow you know so much about the game - are you insider? Because you were crying about how we don't know anything yet you know.

Here, let me bold something out for you:

Darth Roxor said:
Assuming that you can go through a level while putting down like, 1% of the enemies you'd kill in a shootout playthrough

Who gives a shit about how the game depicts killing - you still put them down - it's like killing except you LARP that you didn't kill them.

Just like blackjacking in Thief, amirite :roll:
Plus, it may be possible that tranquilized enemies wake up after a period of time.

No it wasn't done right. It sucked, because both minigame and its implementation were retarded.
Also who gives a shit how it might work in SS2. We are talking about AP here, not system shock. Stop jumping onto unrelated topics when you fail at arguments.

Skyway argument at its finest. The hacking minigame of one game is a completely unrelated topic when talking about another hacking minigame in another game.

Listen dipshit, it was not shown how the hacking minigame in AP looks in the later parts and how the skills affect it. Just like attempting the hacking minigame in SS2 in later areas with 0 cyber affinity would spawn nothing but red squares, let's say that hacking in AP with 0 in the appropriate skill in the later areas gives you... 2 seconds to do the hacking. You must be blind to not do something as banal as this in time!

Yes looks like it's time about predikshuns about me. My gawd you just know how it will be.
I was eagerly awaiting for SoZ - I shit on its writing now. More predikshuns?

Yes, you shit at its writing... because the overall game didn't impress you. If you'd find the whole game to be great, but the writing would stay the same, you wouldn't speak a word about it, but right now, you just continue with your 'oh, what else to add to the shit list' mentality.

What stops you from doing the contrary? I mean not crying with dead facts "you will put 1% of enemies".

Yeah, while you are crying with dead facts "skills don't matter".

For starters - starting to talk about Alpha Protocol instead of weaknesses of System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Fallout that somehow should excuse AP fuck ups (even though aforementioned games are better in everything else) and other unrelated games might help.

I'm not trying to excuse fuck ups, but pointing out how some of them are irrelevant (such as a shitty beginning that doesn't have to mean the whole game will be shitty, vide: Fallout).

So what you are saying is that Obsidian specially only idiotic examples of dialogues in their presentations? Answer the question.

uh... WHAT? Some quotes of your strawmen and genius 'conclusions' should be put into encyclopaedias as perfect examples of said things.

Why don't you bitch about bagging all chicks in AP? Double standards, eh?

Maybe because it's not portrayed as something that seems to be the fucking punchline of the game, and it fits the setting a lot more?

No you were saying that it is too early into the game to judge the shittiness of the gameplay, which was proven wrong.

Yup, you gave me 10 videos showing the hacking minigame in various parts of the game with various investment in skills, and another 10 videos, each showing a different level with a different set of weapons and playstyles.

Strange - it didn't stop you from seeing far into the future when it comes to everything else.

I'm assuming how things might turn out (important word: might. Oh, wait, bolding out might not be enough - ---->MIGHT<----), while you seem to take your delusions for granted.

Exactly. The thing is - the dialogue with Z is not a generic briefing and is not an opening to the game. It's stupid.

Because 'briefings' usually happen 'before' you enter a mission, y'know?

Many other instances of writing are stupid too.

Because you said so, eh? Give me a proper analysis why the writing is stupid. I'd love to see you try.

Woah, really? I think it is because I would've brought an unpleasant topic about how Feargus and Avellone totally raped Fallout's setting, added extremely retarded writing and characters to it - but Avellone is... he is god! He is awesome! It is impossible!

See? I didn't have to write anything, because you started yelling 'shit, SHIT, SHIT!!!!!!' regardless whether I wrote anything or not. Time saving and convenient!

BearBomber

Scholar
I'm watching said demo. I've got one thing to say:

SNIPERS USING LASER SCOPES ON LONG DISTANCES WHAT THE FUCK?!!?!??!?!?!?!?

BearBomber

Scholar
Ok, so at the end she attack her for no reason, shot her a few times, then she's beaten up, they talk and she goes away. Riiight.

IS THIS SO FUCKING HARD TO MAKE GAMEPLAY CONSISTENT WITH THE PLOT? WHEN YOU SHOOT PEOPLE THEY ARE DEAD, NOT BEATEN UP.

Edit:
But I liked the idea of stealing weapons, and being able to kill every single NPC in the game.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
What are you talking about? Hacking in SS2 wasn't no minigame, and it was implemented just fine. Hell, it was nothing but skill checks for your hack skill with bonuses from your cyber stat and any equipped upgrades. It's no different than clicking repeatedly on a locked chest in Fallout or something hoping to succeed and unlock it.

kris

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Ah but you must be talking about Fallout 2! Let's see the first location was shit. The writing was dumb. And surprise surprise - it was like that throughout the whole game.
Nice comparisons, man.

No it wasn't. (not talking about shitty starting location.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom