Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dawn of War 2 Patch Nerd Rage

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Stormboyz now have 'power' weapons
1195970568513ij6.jpg

NOT TRUE TO TABLETOP YOU CANNOT HAVE AUTHENTIC MAJONG TABLE WITHOUT SIDE BOARDS

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will that make the game anything more than producing squads and sending them around on the map with nothing but tedious micro-management? No? Oh, well....

Seriously, bought the damn game, played the campaign, had fun with that, played online for two days, won around 50% of my matches (which isn't bad for me) and was bored to death by the gameplay.
Still pissed about that waste of my money, so.. sorry for the rant ;)

Multi-headed Cow

Played with the patch a little, and it seems mostly good. DoW2 takes one tiny step closer to becoming a not-bad game.

Destroid

Arcane
thesheeep said:
Will that make the game anything more than producing squads and sending them around on the map with nothing but tedious micro-management? No? Oh, well....

Seriously, bought the damn game, played the campaign, had fun with that, played online for two days, won around 50% of my matches (which isn't bad for me) and was bored to death by the gameplay.
Still pissed about that waste of my money, so.. sorry for the rant ;)

This doesn't sound like it was a waste of money?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well... yes and no.

I expected fun multiplayer and a crappy campaign. What I got was a fun campaign and the knowledge that the game mechanics are too shallow for me to enjoy.
Or in other words:
I expected fun for weeks (in MP), but got fun for some days (in SP).

Multi-headed Cow

Just want to mention again how nice the new maps are. DoW2 had some terrible maps to start with, but the new maps from the last two patches are actually decent, and getting back into DoW1 territory. The rest of the game obviously isn't as good which is unfortunate, but at least the maps don't look like they could be dropped into Warcraft 3 and still fit thematically.

Warhammer maps need ruined cities and big clunky gothic machines damn it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom