Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

General Admin Statement Regarding Recent Decline

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
The amount of general decline has increased in recent months. We're generally pretty tolerant however the decision has been made to tighten it up. Cloaked Figure and Zerotol are no longer with us. They can both spend a few years growing up. We are also hereby officially putting on notice the following individuals:
  • Korgan - An awful lot of your new topics end up in Retardo Land. We'd like that to decrease.
  • Liberal - You seem to be going the way of Korgan. Do not go the way of Korgan.
  • Chefe - Obvious alts arguing with obvious alts is an obvious ban. Meme grew old.
  • Satori - You haven't been too bad of late but we're still keeping our eye on you. Just stop asking for your PM status to be re-instated.
  • Wyrmlord - ...
  • oldschool - Don't even try it buddy-o-pal. We're watching you closer than you think.
Cloaked Figure and Zerotol argued with each other one too many times. Cloaked Figure decided to create a new account and not content with that, drew even more attention to the fact that he had created a new account by whinging about all the attention he was getting, after bringing all the attention to himself.

Generally if we ban you and / or hide all your posts, that is not an indication that we want you back telling everyone about it. Generally, we allow alts to remain if they remain discreet. Generally, we're pretty okay with that. Generally, if you're creating seventeen different obvious alts, you generally have a problem. Generally speaking.

We can ban IP addresses and we can block proxies from registering (it kept Andhaira out for a year). We also can and will delete accounts - including all posts ever made by those accounts - if we have to. I generally don't like too but we can and will if necessary. In fact, we can and will do a lot of things if required.

/End statement.

Andhaira

Arcane
As is evident, Wyrmlord did '...'.

I wonder if Cloaked Figure will try to take revenge by attempting to hack into the site or something. He seemed pretty serious in his last warning.

@DarkUnderlord: Technically I was out from April 2008-January2009. Thats around 9 months. 9 torturous, agonizing months where I could only access Codexia via my cellphones crappy browser.
:(

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
:salute:

Very pleasant to see some long overdue tightening up in this biatch.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Dicksmoker said:
What was it that Wyrmlord and oldschool have done?
As told by the general admin statement, generally if you do something, then you can generally have a problem, but generally something something may be done of it, and generally something is not done of it, although general guidelines give room to generally take a few a general measures, which are generally allowed. Generally speaking.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
AndhairaX said:
@DarkUnderlord: Technically I was out from April 2008-January2009. Thats around 9 months. 9 torturous, agonizing months where I could only access Codexia via my cellphones crappy browser.
:(
So you didn't spent those 9 months working on the LP you mentioned just before you got banned?

Andhaira

Arcane
Actually I did prepare a LP for Lands of Lore. Problem is I was playing that game during my previous job (where I got laid off from) and after getting laid off I forgot to bring my saved screenshots with me. Kind of sad, I actually got up to the mines in one sitting (played for around 5-6 hours staright) using Akshel.

I also have another LP ready for Shannara, but haven't gotten around to putting it up.

Texas Red

Whiner
We should ALL stop posting and visiting the site. Ad revenue will decrease and the accursed admins will BEG for us to return. But we will have conditions.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Dark Individual said:
I should stop posting and visiting the site. Ad revenue decrease will hardly be noticable and the accursed admins will BECOME more affable towards all others in return because of the incline my disappearance will cause. It will improve conditions.
:salute:

As long as you warn "offenders" beforehand. Though I'll miss 0tool. Aside from his and CF's private war he made more sensible posts than many others. (At least in recent time.)

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
AndhairaX said:
Actually I did prepare a LP for Lands of Lore. Problem is I was playing that game during my previous job (where I got laid off from) and after getting laid off I forgot to bring my saved screenshots with me.

Am I reading this right? You played Lands of Lore at your job? And after being fired forgot to copy the files to your home computer? :lol:

You're a true Codexer, dungeoncrawling at the workplace..

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Marcelo21 said:
Secretninja said:
Could you elaborate on why everyone hates Wyrmlord, for those who it is not clear to

"A pedant is a person who is overly concerned with formalism and precision, or who makes a show of his learning. The corresponding (archaic) female noun is pedantess."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedantic
I am anything but a particularly learned person. I am only eighteen years old, for heaven's sake.

It's like there is this fictional version of me that has been invented just so people can direct their anger at it.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Wyrmlord said:
Marcelo21 said:
Secretninja said:
Could you elaborate on why everyone hates Wyrmlord, for those who it is not clear to

"A pedant is a person who is overly concerned with formalism and precision, or who makes a show of his learning. The corresponding (archaic) female noun is pedantess."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedantic
I am anything but a particularly learned person. I am only eighteen years old, for heaven's sake.

It's like there is this fictional version of me that has been invented just so people can direct their anger at it.

A pedant doesn't have to be wise or a genius, he just has to have a taste for shoving what little he know on other peoples faces and act superior all the time (even when he's falsely displaying modesty).

I don't hate you or anything it's just you're so anal it gets annoying sometimes. Kind of reminds me of Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sheldon was fun actually. So is Wyrmlord sometimes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom