Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Collector's Edition: Bonus Quest and Character

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
http://www.destructoid.com/dragon-age-c ... 9967.phtml

Here's what you get:

* Fancy tin case
* Bonus DVD (making of documentary, soundtrack, trailers, wallpaper, concent art video, strategy and tips)
* A cloth map
* 3 pieces of exclusive in-game content: Bergens Honor, Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes, and Final Reason
* Additional in-game content -- The Stone Prisoner, an unlockable bonus quest and an unlockable character, Shale
* An unlockable item for Mass Effect 2

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
An unlockable item for ME2 in the DA collector's edition? WHAT THE FUCK? Cross-marketing as a new strategy for RPGs? lol

Gotta torrent the special edition then to get all the boni.

Rosh

Erudite
I remember a time when a couple of developers would offer almost the same thing, but as standard for the publication.

Ah, well, BioWare fanboys are tards with too much money, which is the only possible explanation for a shitty $50+ "collector's item" figurine of Shepard.

Rosh

Erudite
SimpleComplexity said:
No miniature of a dragon? See it`s called Dragon Age.

Duh. They're going to overhype another shitty figurine or three like they did for Ass Effect, and charge the sheep another $50 or more for it.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Doubt it will cost 100 bux. Some stores have 99.95 as the default price for something that hasn't been properly priced yet.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Usually I like collector's editions. When I buy games I buy the CE. But I only buy games which I find worthy to buy, so...
I guess the last game I bought was Witcher in 2007. Heh.

Silellak

Cipher
Are you fucking serious? An unlockable item for another game, and an unlockable character?!

How will an unlockable character even work? I can't imagine much of the VO budget would go to a Collector's Edition-specific character, much less allow them to create any significant content or story/quest tie-ins certered around said character. So basically it will be a worthless, personality-less, combat-centric addition to your party. Just what a fucking RPG needed.

Hopefully you can at least fuck this unlockable character. Anything else just wouldn't be Mature (tm).

And unlockable content in another game altogether? I knew Bioware sold what was left of their soul when they whored themselves over to EA, but I figured it would take more than a year for it to get this bad.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What the hell is "Bioware Edition"? Some new kind of Collector's Edition?

Will Alpha Protocol have a Bioware Edition? Har har.

burrie

Scholar
I think I've heard of Shale before. Isn't he
some machine-like creature that you could customise by using certain gems/artifact? I think I recall it being one of the first party member that was talked about on the DA forums.
Perhaps he'll talk in a different language which'll save some money on Bioware's part.

Konjad

⛏
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's BioWare under EA so it didn't surprise me, although that's an original idea to put something for another game in CE.

KKKthulhu.

Educated
In before "Dragon Age 2: A New Hope! Collectors edition includes sidequests! You don't want to be the only one of your friends just playing the main quest. Buy today!"
In before "Dragon Age 3: The Mass Effect! Collectors edition includes party members and ranged weapons! Don't play alone, don't be stuck with melee. Buy today!"
In before "Dragon Age 4: Apocalypse! Collectors edition includes textures! Buy today!"

Turok

Erudite
What the hell is going on here???

They are selling games like sell drugs.

They give you something just for taste and then begin to release the game in parts (DLC) so you have to smoke all the DLC around.

Crazy fuckers.

KKKthulhu.

Educated
Turok said:

They give you something just for taste and then begin to release the game in parts (DLC) so you have to smoke all the DLC around.

Crazy fuckers.

dareage.jpg

Just say no, kids.

Silellak

Cipher
KKKthulhu. said:
Turok said:

Crazy fuckers.

dareage.jpg

Just say no, kids.

Well played. :lol:

Rohit_N

Prophet
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
burrie said:
I think I've heard of Shale before. Isn't he
some machine-like creature that you could customise by using certain gems/artifact? I think I recall it being one of the first party member that was talked about on the DA forums.
Perhaps he'll talk in a different language which'll save some money on Bioware's part.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager ... 155733&p=1

I think later in the official forums the developers said the character was scrapped. Guess not.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Wow. I feel like I just travelled 10 years into the past, eagerly waiting for Ultima 9 to be released. Even the box content description seems similar, and a "super-duper special editon" being released and prices for roughly $100.

Something tells me the similarities won't end there...

KKKthulhu.

Educated
Oh wow that's harsh. I wouldn't think even the biggest detractors would go so far as to compare Dragon Age to U9.

jazzotron

Liturgist
I have used up all my tears for Decline Age: Orifices.

Disillusionment has become my friend.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
"Back in Baldur's Gate, if a character needed to be angry, the writers had to write angry words. Then we got to voice acting, and so the words themselves didn't have to be angry; you could just have the actors read in an angry voice. Now we actually have a lot more options--you can say an angry word, you can have an angry voice, or you can have the character just sitting there glowering."
shepard2.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom