Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Newest IGN Fuckup...

All things considered, it's really not a bad list. Far from perfect, but I've definitely seen worse.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Yeah, its a very good list, considering the times. And the retards comments are just pure :nerdrage: gold, as usual:

"The staff at IGN are too old, we want new stuff!"

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The one thing I'll never understand is how you don't have Half Life as #1? Nothing else can compare since that game, single handedly revolutionized gaming forever.. It set a new standard for gaming, and took it to the next level like no other game has.

You guys obviously don't understand good games. Good games are played a lot when they come out, but are good enough that they are stilled played a lot 10 years in the future. Starcraft should definitely be higher on this list because I guarantee you it is played more than any of them.
Setting that fact aside, it revolutionized RTS gameplay. What did Civ 4 do? What did X Com do? Are either of them considered 'sports'? I think not.

:lol:

Mackerel

Augur
Here's a good one.
okay its good that they remembered Doom and Crysis...
wot about games that brought up newer and better stuff everytime they released a game like Gears of War,Mass effect, need for speed (okay maybe until most wanted: the other new one suck), burnout, colin macrae,fifa, pro evo...now wen u put stuff like x-com and star wars at the top...then
1. u live in the past
2. am sure u dont like complex games that require u to use the mouse
3. u should know that we are in the 21st century and not the days for 300

DriacKin

Arbiter
Darth Roxor said:
The one thing I'll never understand is how you don't have Half Life as #1? Nothing else can compare since that game, single handedly revolutionized gaming forever.. It set a new standard for gaming, and took it to the next level like no other game has.

You guys obviously don't understand good games. Good games are played a lot when they come out, but are good enough that they are stilled played a lot 10 years in the future. Starcraft should definitely be higher on this list because I guarantee you it is played more than any of them.
Setting that fact aside, it revolutionized RTS gameplay. What did Civ 4 do? What did X Com do? Are either of them considered 'sports'? I think not.

:lol:

Is this real?
IGN Boards are officially more moronic than the ESF.

Hory

Erudite
I am so adjusted to decline that I find every bit of incline sickening.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Silellak said:
DriacKin said:
AndhairaX said:
They made a mistake. In the fallout entry they stated they put it over any other rpg including BG2, but then they put in BG2 later far above fallout. :lol:

Not that I disagree. BG2 >>>>>>> Fallouts.

Dude, if you're gonna post a pretty controversial statement like that, you should at least give us a discussion of which you think is better and why.

He's Andhaira.

BG2: AWESOME!! magic and is FANTASY!!
Fallout: Set in a post-apocalyptic future and doesn't even have katanas to make up for that :(

There. I answered it for you.

DISCUSS!!

Fallout just reminds him of Pakistan too much.

GarfunkeL said:
Yeah, its a very good list, considering the times. And the retards comments are just pure :nerdrage: gold, as usual:

"The staff at IGN are too old, we want new stuff!"

Fucking retarded chimps, itz old itz not kewl

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Fucking retarded chimps, itz old itz not kewl"

No worse than 'itz new itz not kewl' attitude. R00fles!

1eyedking

Erudite
Volourn said:
"Fucking retarded chimps, itz old itz not kewl"

No worse than 'itz new itz not kewl' attitude. R00fles!
Falllout was new 12 years ago and I bet no one here complained then.

flabbyjack

Arcane
Starcraft is beat by... Command and Conquer? Are they serious? SC is king of strategy gaming. C&C was spam tanks/air then </fin>
And both of them are beat by... Rome: Total War? DAMNIT! Their brains must have turned to mush.
Btw MechWarrior 2 trashed one of my computers. How could software totally ruin hardware? To this day I still have no idea.

1eyedking

Erudite
flabbyjack said:
Starcraft is beat by... Command and Conquer? Are they serious? SC is king of strategy gaming. C&C was spam tanks/air then </fin>
Very wrong, it's the other way around.

C&C made you think; it made you sneak your units, work your way around the AI, count every tiberium patch to subsist, and think twice before using a grenadier/flamethrower. Its campaigns were extremely unforgiving and had some great mission design (besides multiple scenarios), and intermission videos were top-notch (as was the installation process).

SC is all about APM and SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I remember winning missions in Red Alert 2 with just a couple of navy SEALs, spies and a chinook to transport them fast and behind enemy lines.

Gud times. Not exactly the C&C mentioned here, but still C&C :<

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
what.

the.

fuck.

where is my motherfucking ultima. i dont give a fuck if you use the whored out 4 or 7 on the list, i want a motherfucking ultima game on any list or its a shit list.

no ultima. list is shit.

MetalCraze

Arcane
1eyedking said:
C&C made you think; it made you sneak your units, work your way around the AI, count every tiberium patch to subsist, and think twice before using a grenadier/flamethrower.

No. C&C was all about tank rushes, much like every other single Westwood RTS, except, probably, for TibSun. It certainly didn't make me think when I was spamming enemy base with Mammoths.

AndhairaX said:
They made a mistake. In the fallout entry they stated they put it over any other rpg including BG2, but then they put in BG2 later far above fallout. :lol:

But BG is not an RPG, it's aRPG.

And genreless lists are worthless.

xuerebx

Erudite
entertainer said:
pc-of-the-week-20090804113748552.jpg

pc-2006-year-in-review-20061220040345987.jpg

top-25-pc-games-of-all-time-20090806024636135.jpg

23) Doom
21) Deus Ex
17) Crysis wtf?

"Opinions of the general public make up lists".

And x-com is first, and that game is awesome <3

And the comments are moronic. Though Volourn has a point, kinda.

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
Seriously, if you think Command and Conquer is more complicated/thought inspiring than Starcraft, you need to get your fucking head examined.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
If you play Starcraft with good players who don't rush battlecruisers because they've got cunning, less-expensive and time-consuming plans, then Starcraft can be challenging and "thought-provoking." Same issue with C&C. It depends on how you play it and with whom IMO.

The list is pretty good, aside from the fact that their order of games is screwed up. Also, why the fuck is Simcity up there but not Simcity 4? Fuck fuck fuck Simcity 4 is (and always will be, sadly) the best city-building game out there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom