Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

OFP2 gameplay - shitshitshit

MetalCraze

Arcane
Even true sequels to OFP failed to achieve its campaigns' level of awesomeness with their terribly bland missions - and this game is done by guys who can't make anything but Konsolized Kasual Krap.
"Hardcore" mode in OFP2 is even fucking easier than cadet in OFP.

Dickweed

Educated
MetalCraze said:
Even true sequels to OFP failed to achieve its campaigns' level of awesomeness with their terribly bland missions
I'm sorry but I think I went a bit retarded because for a second there it sounded like you were saying Operation Flashpoint isn't bland.

MetalCraze

Arcane
No it's not, you should play it sometime. Missions like having all of your squad killed and trying to get to your allies with a shitton of enemies hunting you down or escaping from russkies at night with multiple ways of doing it and then finding your way home with a help of a North Star were particularly awesome. Not mentioning all other sandboxy missions from combined arms to night-ops.
And then that Resistance campaign where every soldier under your command mattered and you also needed to find weapons because everything was going from one mission to another.

With ArmA1 missions were 20 minutes long and were like "kill that guy - blam! - I killed him! Wait what is that it?!"
In ArmA2 it was even more crappier and then they added CTI/Warfare to the campaign which is unplayable in singleplayer.

Dickweed

Educated
MetalCraze said:
No it's not, you should play it sometime. Missions like having all of your squad killed and trying to get to your allies with a shitton of enemies hunting you down or escaping from russkies at night with multiple ways of doing it and then finding your way home with a help of a North Star were particularly awesome. Not mentioning all other sandboxy missions from combined arms to night-ops.
And then that Resistance campaign where every soldier under your command mattered and you also needed to find weapons because everything was going from one mission to another.
So what you're saying is dropping you on a big map and then putting the objective on the other side of the map and letting you decide how to get there means that the game isn't bland even if the entire map is really badly put together and the whole game is loaded with design flaws and feels like it was kind of slapped together.

I NEVER KNEW OBLIVION WAS SUCH A GREAT GAME.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Dickweed is shit, literally it's as if a lump of shit decided to post on the internet.

OFP 1's campaigns own, that's all that needs to be said.

Derek Larp

Cipher
Dickweed said:
So what you're saying is dropping you on a big map and then putting the objective on the other side of the map and letting you decide how to get there means that the game isn't bland even if the entire map is really badly put together and the whole game is loaded with design flaws and feels like it was kind of slapped together.

wat

Dickweed

Educated
Jaime Lannister said:
Dickweed is shit, literally it's as if a lump of shit decided to post on the internet.

OFP 1's campaigns own, that's all that needs to be said.
Sure smells of butthurt in here.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yes comparing a retard friendly Oblivion with quest compass and the only one possible way of solving everything to OFP's gameplay with "badly put together" maps which are in fact copies of real world islands surely helps to get a point across.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
Dickweed said:
MetalCraze said:

You ever script an indepth mission for the original OFP?

Dickweed

Educated
MetalCraze said:
Yes comparing a retard friendly Oblivion with quest compass and the only one possible way of solving everything to OFP's gameplay with "badly put together" maps which are in fact copies of real world islands surely helps to get a point across.
Yeah quest compass sure makes Oblivion retarded OFP HAD NOTHING AT ALL SIMILAR NOT LIKE IT HAD ANY KIND OF OBJECTIVE MARKERS OR HUD WITH ARROWS POINTING AT THINGS OR ANYTHING YOU HAVE CLEARLY PROVEN TO BE MY SUPERIOR SKYWAY I APOLOGIZE FOR EVER DOUBTING YOU

xuerebx

Erudite
Actually the game looks good, though I've only just began playing OFP, and everyone is saying ArmA2 is OFP's real spiritual successor, if only it was less bugged.

And yeah, if anyone believes there's a correlation between IQ and games then it's a laughable matter.

entertainer

Arbiter
xuerebx said:
Actually the game looks good, though I've only just began playing OFP, and everyone is saying ArmA2 is OFP's real spiritual successor, if only it was less bugged.

And yeah, if anyone believes there's a correlation between IQ and games then it's a laughable matter.

People playing halo 3 are smarter than people playing ofp?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Steampowered and Beth forums answered a question whether IQ and games have any connection a long time ago.

baronjohn

Cipher
Ever wondered why you can play any other (even free) game on a public server and have a good time, but with ArmA it's always a clusterfuck of complete morons? ArmA has one of the most retarded communities ever.

Given that the median age is probably ten years more than any other game, I'd say that that's quite an achievement.

MetalCraze

Arcane
ArmA actually was the game that made stupid kids join in. With cool graphics, simple missions and stuff that lets you make ArmA very easy (auto-aim, pointers at the edges of the screen that tell you how many enemies are in 100 m radius and at which side, unlimited savegames etc) it was bound to happen. ArmA1 even has a LARPing mod ffs.

entertainer

Arbiter
Trash said:
With ARMA 2 being a boring buggy piece of shit and OFP 2 turning into a fucking travesty is there anything worthwhile in the genre of military sims left?

OFP 2 is not a military sim, and "boring buggy piece of shit" is just your opinion, queen of faggotry.

baronjohn said:
Ever wondered why you can play any other (even free) game on a public server and have a good time, but with ArmA it's always a clusterfuck of complete morons? ArmA has one of the most retarded communities ever.

Given that the median age is probably ten years more than any other game, I'd say that that's quite an achievement.

Haha nice trolling, go make more videos.

entertainer

Arbiter
Yeah, im having massive fun in this retarded game playing with retarded coop community full of morons or in any public server full of totaly nice retards who can even communicate or use tactics.

Are you making a new video btw? You should make one where BIS killed your family.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom