Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tim Cain doing steampunk Mecha RPG

Data4

Arcane
I like how the logo looks totally original, including using a color palette no other MMO has used before.

EDIT: And when the fuck is someone going to make a decent PC game based on Battlefleet Gothic? I want to fly around space in a capital ship that looks like a cross between a steam locomotive and Notre Dame, dammit! Here's hoping the WH40K mmo will feature elements from it. If so, I'm a guaranteed... uh... trial subscription, at least.

That 40k MMO will most likely never see the light of day(And thank god, we have enough universe rape with DoW).

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm already bored as fuck with this game. Just thinking about it makes me sleepy. Why would anyone voluntarily make a MMO?

Data4

Arcane
BTW, I goofed. No one actually sad WM would be a MMO. The logo looked too much like WoW's and I made the assumption.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
OgreOgre said:
Hobo Elf said:
Why would anyone voluntarily make a MMO?
Money?

Geez, you guys are so fucking naive.

Yeah. As if Tim's going to make any money under WoW's shadow. Good luck with that. AoC fell flat on it's face and WAR isn't doing too well either and these were both made by experienced people who had established themselves in the MMO market.

Perfect Fool

Scholar
I'd guess that a Warmachine game will probably be an RTS, but there is a d20 PnP RPG set in the same universe called "Iron Kingdoms" so I suppose the game could be based on that?

Privateer Press' art direction is pretty good, though there is a bit of Blizzard about their imagery and it's generally severely OTT. It should be interesting to see what sort of game emerges... I'm not expecting something amazing, but it could at least be fun.

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/we ... warmachine
http://privateerpress.com/iron-kingdoms

MetalCraze

Arcane
Hobo Elf said:
Yeah. As if Tim's going to make any money under WoW's shadow. Good luck with that.

You still pay $50 or something when you buy a copy which pays back money spent on the development (if not more). Then you also get money during those months MMO runs. Nobody of the MMO developers gives a shit about WoW, much like with console crap it's all about getting money ASAP, except with MMO there is a chance it will last long enough to bring even more cash.

Astromarine

Erudite
fuck you :D I just wrote what's on that thread, and it's apparently a first hand account from someone at Gencon. It could end up being a fucking Cooking Mama clone for all I give a shit

But because I care about you *so much* I actually spent 20 seconds googling, and the Tim Cain part is bollox. White Moon Dreams was founded by R. Scott Campbell, who was a designer on Fallout.

If you have any more questions, kindly refer to my sig

Self-Ejected

BeholderX

Self-Ejected
What's Black Isle's janitorial stuff up to these days anyway? I heard a couple of them are working on a new drinking game, might be worth checking if they have a twitter channel.

some fucker over at qt3 said:
Sorry guys, that was just based on Tim Cain's previous games and my own hopes and dreams. As far as I know, all that's known about this is that it's a) being made by the company that I found some apparently incorrect Gamespot article claiming that Tim Cain works for; actually it's other Fallout devs but not him, and b) it is based on the tabletop game Warmachine, which is a steampunk mech game. Apparently I inadvertently tricked the entire internet into thinking that description was correct.

You heard it folks....we are not only a prestigious magazine...but the whole fucking internet.

same fucker said:
That thread apparently thinks i'm posting first hand info too. everything i got is all recycled from a giant thread on the privateer press forum. http://www.privateerpressforums.com/...owtopic=184683

We got punked.

Murk

Arcane
Astro you fucking cunt, now you got the rest of the 'net dogging us.

I can't imagine Warmachine being turned into a CRPG, maybe a turn based tactical game like Jagged Alliance.

bhlaab

Erudite
OgreOgre said:
Hobo Elf said:
Why would anyone voluntarily make a MMO?
Money?

Geez, you guys are so fucking naive.

Aaahahaha

If you want to make money in the games business, make fuckin Bookworm Adventures. If you want to throw tons of money down the shitter make an mmo

Data4

Arcane
hoodoo said:
Data4 said:
looks like a cross between a steam locomotive and Notre Dame

:D

It's funny, but it's true, and no less badass. I mean, seriously, look at it!

splash_bfg.jpg

Hands down, the most fucking hardcore looking battleship I've ever seen.

Ausir

Arcane
White Moon Dreams was founded by R. Scott Campbell, who was a designer on Fallout.

He was actually the original FO1 lead designer. Chris Taylor took over when he left IPLY.

mondblut

Arcane
Giant steam-powered robots? Damn, I had this concept, and it didn't interest anyone. Set in the aftermath of October Revolution, no less. With Lenin, Trotzky and mechs styled after WW1 era tanks and battleships.

Data4 said:
And when the fuck is someone going to make a decent PC game based on Battlefleet Gothic?

DOW3 will have a strike cruiser mini-game where you spin the motion-sensor contoller over your head to avoid being hit by orbital defenses when it comes for Xbox 88.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom