Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why does everybody like Half Life 2? By STEAMtards.

xuerebx

Erudite
Emotional Vampire said:
xuerebx said:
I like Half Life 2 because it was fun, and it was also one of my first FPS games.

You do know you need to be at least 13 to post on internet forums, right?

You're such a sad asshole. I hope for your sake it's your internet persona and you're not that much of a loser in real life.

xuerebx

Erudite
racofer said:
Well, I guess that confirms he's 13.

I'll actually reply seriously.

It seems he got pissed off because I said I like Half Life 2, and because I said it was fun. What. The. Fuck?

But of course, EmoVamp has got such an exquisite taste in games that anyone with a differing opinion is just wrong.
e5002090.gif

Phelot

Arcane
I specifically object to Alyx and the message conveyed by her. She is a fine example of the modern urban ghetto culture, with her sloppy clothing, her rebellious character, and "hip-hop cool".

This is like some old man reviewing the game. "What is the meaning of all this Hip-Rap business."

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
xuerebx said:
racofer said:

It seems he got pissed off because I said I like Half Life 2, and because I said it was fun. What. The. Fuck?

Learn to read. Let me help - you wrote:

and it was also one of my first FPS games.

to which our favorite blood sucker replied:

Which does not seem to imply that he was pissed off that you liked Half-Life 2 but rather he expressed serious concern for your well being, seeing that you admitted to either being an very young person or a person who for some reason had skipped all FPS-games until above mentioned one arrived to the 'scene'. He clearly suspects you belonging to the former group (ie, you being very young) and is thus worried that the Codex might harmfully effect your budding young mind.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
GarfunkeL said:
He clearly suspects you belonging to the former group (ie, you being very young) and is thus worried that the Codex might harmfully effect your budding young mind.
Yeah leave before you chop yourself into a Newhalf.

Winter Ale

Novice
Wow

Here's a thread I would have liked to have joined earlier. I've wondered the same damn question as the title (in a sarcastic way) for years.

One shot statement, non sequitur in the current thread (which I haven't bothered to read). But please can I persuade?

Half Life 2 is not a good game in the slightest. It's cheezy and blisteringly badly made in many ways. Perhaps for me it's just that it kills any sense of immersion I've ever gotten within a quarter section / with not even remotely a Nolf like reasoning or style.

Keep in mind something - I think Half Life (Original) is a fantastic game. I thought that Half Life 2 offered some of the same gameplay for bursts of, oh, 5 minutes at a time. About three occasions, maybe four, in the entire friggin' game.

How dumb was it to find 180,000,000 sawblades sitting on people's bedside tables to pick up? Explosive tubs? Wouldn't it have been more cool to pick up lamps, hammers (only found in garages) or soda cans to fire at and slaughter the nasties with? Or how about spare computer cable - the gravity gun idea wasn't terrible. The cheese factor was.

How about, what, 12 jumps in the boat level? A lift?

I COULD STAND two jumps. But by the third time you see a blocked off piece of a river and a slanted log poking up out of the water you should be rolling your eyes. It's not fun any more.

I NEVER, EVER have understood why people would claim this was an especially good game. it's not.

xuerebx

Erudite
GarfunkeL said:
xuerebx said:
racofer said:

Learn to read. Let me help - you wrote:

and it was also one of my first FPS games.

to which our favorite blood sucker replied:

Which does not seem to imply that he was pissed off that you liked Half-Life 2 but rather he expressed serious concern for your well being, seeing that you admitted to either being an very young person or a person who for some reason had skipped all FPS-games until above mentioned one arrived to the 'scene'. He clearly suspects you belonging to the former group (ie, you being very young) and is thus worried that the Codex might harmfully effect your budding young mind.

I'm in Uni if that answers your question. I never played FPS games because they just weren't my type of game. I was more into platform games, and then into RPGs when I first played Fallout 1. Since I first played HL2 I've played loads of FPS games though, my favourite being System Shock 2, but I still like HL2, mostly because of nostalgia I reckon. And it's still fun when I play it today, maybe because it's easy to play and I usually suck in FPS games.

He could have just simply asked me why and not try and be a smart ass.

xuerebx

Erudite
Too many funny posts not worth missing out here to be quoted on other forums.

Anyway, I guess I answered your previous question.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
Emotional Vampire said:
BlitzKitchen said:
So are my reasons for liking HL2 legitimate? No one argued against them.

They were too fucking retarded to even try.

You're too fucking retarded to even try.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom