Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Todd Howard: 15 years of screwing up Elder Scrolls

You must be kinda ignorant to be able to quote '' the bozar as if I made up the weapon and to play FO2 6 times and yet never finding it you sound like a noob.
It is one, if not the one, of the most powerful FO2 weapons. You can get it early if you have an habit of stealing from everyone, though I am not going to spoil the fun if you are ready to play a seventh time as a thief (you played FO2 6 times and didn't play a thief already ?

I always thought those guards weren't supposed to be carrying those in their inventories. Its pretty retarded to be able to steal a hugeass gun and not have them notice. I think it should've been a reward for anyone willing to make NCR hostile, and managing to kill the two dudes.

Not that it's unbalanced. Anyone stealing from everyone in the game up to NCR* is bound to get something good sometime.

*edit: and put up with that much reloading

Ausir

Arcane
Yeah, they were probably supposed to wield them, which would make them unstealable.

Torquemada

Educated
Shannow said:
"One of the most powerful weapons", but not the most powerful. How does this imbalance the game?

Well I said it that way because I didn't try to use every weapon I found in the game so (a BIG maybe) there could be even more powerful and unbalanced weapons in the game I didn't try. The thing is, you can pretty much wipe the game just with a bozar in hands. Even the mere existence of the thing is quite an imbalance.

VD manages to be a lot more condescending than I do. I haven't attacked you personally yet.

I don't care much for personal attacks, not something that would affect me and we are on the codex. I compared you to VD for the style, not the condescendence. I hate massive branching in forum discussions and would rather keep it to wall of text if the arguing needs it.

"Useless" one liners? *g* I had a point each time.

God. Look up those I massively quoted and didn't reply to when I said that. There was a point ? "You forgot in my eyes, bad boy" that was a point ?

Two sentences. Which one do you mean? (And nice job misquoting me by dropping the D&D alignment comment.) [Fake edit]: Since you were whining about oneliners and kept quite civil for codex standards I'll explain what I mean: Sarevok isn't killing and maiming because he's evil. He is killing and maiming because it is an means to an end. If he could inherit the throne of Bhaal by saving kittens from trees and cuddling with cute little bunnies, he'd do that, too. So Sarevok is evil because he has no scruples and use any "evil" means to reach his ends. Irenicus is the same. [/edit]

Are you saying there is no evil in wanting to be the god of murder, which is what the throne of bhaal is about ? inheriting the throne is evil in itself no matter if he could do it without killing anyone.

It was about KreideBein following Todd's statement basing an argument against "+1 sequels" on a weak and contended basement.

And you used FO2 to make a point.

Now do you really want to continue this? We are boring everyone to tears.

The horse is now officially dead.

I always thought those guards weren't supposed to be carrying those in their inventories.

If that was the case why didn't they fix it in one of those über patches they wrote for FO2 ? The game was a huge pile of bugs when it came out to the point where I recall the patch not being compatible with original game saves.

Not that it's unbalanced. Anyone stealing from everyone in the game up to NCR* is bound to get something good sometime.

*edit: and put up with that much reloading

Not so much reloading when you create a character for the purpose of thievery with the right stats. I remember the feeling of power I had when I stole all the ammo from the slave owners in the beginning of the game and it was effortless.
Those guards sure have big pockets.

If that was the case why didn't they fix it in one of those über patches they wrote for FO2 ? The game was a huge pile of bugs when it came out to the point where I recall the patch not being compatible with original game saves.

The patches didn't fix a lot of things, that's why we have unofficial patches (that sentence p much sums up Troika/BIS) . Also, I'd guess no one complained about the bozars, so I guess it's a case of a bug becoming a feature.

Are you saying there is no evil in wanting to be the god of murder, which is what the throne of bhaal is about ? inheriting the throne is evil in itself no matter if he could do it without killing anyone.

I think Sarevok's more interested in becoming a god; it's just that "evil god" is the only "god job" available.

010509bladerunner.jpg

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Bah, people like that can call everthing art for all I care. The real question is "is it good art?".

The Wizard

Educated
nice models and textures, though. it's a shame his talents will never be used to create somethig more than one or two pieces of armor and a weapon or two.

Jimbob delivers as always.

Interesting. But what is it? A quest? An NPC? A weapon looking like a katana with a torso impaled? Lamp stand?

Trithne

Erudite
This is the true face of Oblivion. This is what the game's modding potential is all about.

Ch1ef

Scholar
The patches didn't fix a lot of things, that's why we have unofficial patches (that sentence p much sums up Troika/BIS)
Pff. Lamers.

sums up Troika

AWESOMENESS

This is the true face of Oblivion. This is what the game's modding potential is all about.
Life is Life! NA NA NANA NA!

xuerebx

Erudite
Moderator said:
Here on Nexus, you don't. YOU chose to look at this. You didn't have to, you could have just done the decent thing and passed it on by. No one cares about your opinion.

Haha. At least he replied accordingly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom