Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Our 2004 Year in Review

Balor

Arcane
Then prepare - I'm coming to get you. Sweden is not so big (welll, comparing to Russia, at least :)) - so it'll not take me that long to find you :twisted evil:. Hehehe. Btw, I'm a depressive maniak (I even have a certificate!) - so you'd better beware. :[
But anyway - fantasy may be set in future, but it still must include "swords&sorcery" is it's primary attributes. Anything of those in Fallouts? :) And there's plenty in SW.
Oh, btw, an other fantasy setting, set in the future - Warhammer40K (I guess Exitium will agree with me :)).

Fresh

Erudite
Balor said:
Then prepare - I'm coming to get you. Sweden is not so big (welll, comparing to Russia, at least :)) - so it'll not take me that long to find you :twisted evil:. Hehehe. Btw, I'm a depressive maniak (I even have a certificate!) - so you'd better beware. :[
But anyway - fantasy may be set in future, but it still must include "swords&sorcery" is it's primary attributes. Anything of those in Fallouts? :) And there's plenty in SW.

How bout "supersledges&perks"? :)

Balor

Arcane
It's super-sledges and stuff are secondary, unlike in SW and WH40K. I, for e.g., did wield swords, and fought in full plate (in RL, I mean). Does it make me a fantasy knight? :) And perks are what they are - perks :P Bonuses cumulative with existing stats and skills, or giving new ablilities. Not some kind of magic spells, or whatever.
Perhaps, and mean PERHAPS, such powers as very limited telekinesis and telepathy can be in Fallout (well, in first one Master even used one on you :)) - btw they exist in RL too, so it's like having guns. Oh, btw, there was empathy trait too.
But not fireballs and the like, god forbid. One can make a pure swords&sorcery setting with fireballs, lightnings, younameit with pure science and logical expalanation of everthing - but that'll include nanotech (Read Nanotech Network), and Fallout future is just not as advanced - remeber it has RetroFuturistic theme :).

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Anybody else thinks that Balor's posts look like Christmas trees, with all those smileys?

Fresh

Erudite
Balor said:
It's super-sledges and stuff are secondary, unlike in SW and WH40K. I, for e.g., did wield swords, and fought in full plate (in RL, I mean). Does it make me a fantasy knight? :) And perks are what they are - perks :P Bonuses cumulative with existing stats and skills, or giving new ablilities. Not some kind of magic spells, or whatever.
Perhaps, and mean PERHAPS, such powers as very limited telekinesis and telepathy can be in Fallout (well, in first one Master even used one on you :)) - btw they exist in RL too, so it's like having guns. Oh, btw, there was empathy trait too.
But not fireballs and the like, god forbid. One can make a pure swords&sorcery setting with fireballs, lightnings, younameit with pure science and logical expalanation of everthing - but that'll include nanotech (Read Nanotech Network), and Fallout future is just not as advanced - remeber it has RetroFuturistic theme :).

Yo man stop breaking my balls, Im just kidding! :D

Anyways - one area worth exploring in FO3 is the whole mutation-thing. And not just for the NPCs, but for the main char. Physical but also various mental mutations due to radiation, resulting in all kinda phun perks/abilities/traits etc. This has of course been done in various forms - for example the swedish & aptly named pnp-rpg "Mutant".

Balor

Arcane
Perhaps it's just Cristmas (New Year) edition :) :P :D
Oh well, point taken. I'm just a bit emotional, I admit. *scratches head* However, is that bad, in your book? I, personally, prefer to judge posts by their contents, not outlook... If it irritates people this much, I can try and stop. (Its became a habit already, tho) Or, preferably, disable smilies when posting. *shrugs*. And if you don't care, why comment? :P

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I have neither judged your posts nor implied that it's bad. It was merely an observation.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
All your posts suck!
icon_confused.gif

Just kidding! :D

Transcendent One

Liturgist
Well actually I don't think emoticons are that bad :cool: I mean surely they put you into a cheerful mood, no? :) And I think it is amazing that some people go such a way to bash emoticons :? I mean what did the emoticons ever do to you? :?: I think they are quite excellent for expressing emotions, I mean that's why they are there in the first place :roll: People who fail to realize that are generally the ones that just tend to bitch about everything. I really hate people lke that :x They totally ruin my day! :!: Anyways, I mean come on, they are just smileys, what's wrong about smileys? I found out that at this forum, smileys aren't welcome :o made me really said :(. In fact, it almost made me cry :cry: , cause I like smileys, and I like putting them into each of my posts and then someone criticized me! :shock: They found one of my posts that was smileys only (no text, cause I was in such a good mood :wink: ) and started bashing my choice of posting style !!! :evil: I was like WTF, so then I made another few posts consisting 100% of smileys just to piss the bitches off! :twisted: And you know what, I think it worked :mrgreen:, cause the bitches shut up!!! :hahano: Of course then, I realized that it was a stupid thing of me to do :oops:, so I stopped doing it, but sometimes it is just so fun to use a smiley or two :P Smileys make me go from this :| to this :D and I think it's amazing. And I say "No. Next :arrow: " to all the bitches who disagree.

Thank you! :!:

Now I have an idea! :idea: How about I shut up? Yes, I think I should.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom