Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Painkiller: Resurrection

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
The real sequel to Painkiller is going to be released in two weeks. Made by the same developers, sporting the same gameplay and a multiplayer mode which focuses on e-sports.

Check out the gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQAf31OtpDU

It... it... it's exactly like the first game, even the enemy models and weapons are the same...

Laziness, easy rip-off, or is it just about staying true to the original Painkiller spirit?

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Hordes of enemies, contained area, boss at the end, doom-like gameplay. Tons of oldschool fun.

Multi-headed Cow

I would be excited if it added the new bloom and co-op mode to all the original and expansion Painkiller levels too, but by itself... Eh.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
What's this symphonic music shit in my Painkiller ? Anyway, it's good that they didn't change much and there's no apparent consolization, but it really looks like another add-on. Which is fine of course, but it's not like I'm trembling with anticipation.

baronjohn

Cipher
These games are like playing Q2DM with retards.

I guess the Codex likes them because they get to play with their equals.

asper said:
Hordes of enemies, contained area, boss at the end, doom-like gameplay. Tons of oldschool fun.

Except Doom didn't have contained areas or enemies respawning behind your back all the time.

RainSong

Scholar
Emotional Vampire said:
The true Painkiller spirit being dumb and pointless?

Nope, that's the spirit of your posts.

I'll take my Painkiller over any shooter ported from console or horror wannabie anytime.

Emotional Vampire said:
asper said:

Except Doom didn't have contained areas or enemies respawning behind your back all the time.

ye it also didn't have mouse support.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Painkiller is awesome. Especially the level designs. The orphanage, the theme park and the hell level are all some of the best levels in FPS history.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Misc-Do_not_feed_the_trolls.jpg

1eyedking

Erudite
Painkiller, in my opinion, was bad, bland and boring.

Looks like the sequel will make the same feelings surface again.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
STUPID BORING ASS GAME YOU JUST POINT AT THINGS AND SHOOT

Gerrard

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow said:
I would be excited if it added the new bloom and co-op mode to all the original and expansion Painkiller levels too, but by itself... Eh.
If it doesn't someone will mod it in.

Also, <s>apparently the price is only $30</s> scratch that, it's $20 on Amazon, which is pretty nice. Not as nice as the original Polish release of Painkiller, but still.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Emotional Vampire said:
asper said:

People that say that PK's gameplay is Doom-like have never played Doom.

Ch1ef

Scholar
Painkiller, in my opinion, was bad, bland and boring.

Looks like the sequel will make the same feelings surface again.
People that say that PK's gameplay is Doom-like have never played Doom.
Silellak said:
No regenerating health? No cover system?!?

Come on people! This is 2009! Get with the times!
YEAH PAINKILAH IS SO HAADKOR JUST LIKE HALFLAF

relootz

Scholar
Didnt like Painkiller at all. Hordes of ennemies running pointlessly at you. No thank , already did that ages ago in Doom.

Ch1ef

Scholar
relootz said:
Didnt like Painkiller at all. Hordes of ennemies running pointlessly at you. No thank , already did that ages ago in Doom
:facepalm and random pedo joke:
What's best part about fucking 27 year olds?

There's 20 of them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom