Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Roguelikes

Greenskin13

Erudite
I am not joking. He will kill me.

SLASH'EM

It's fun if you do not mind death.

Toyzferall

Novice
DOOMRL

Just found this a bit ago. It's new, and there doesn't seem to be much of a player base and the site is bare-bones... But hey, it's a great idea and it's pretty damn fun. Definitely a nice shift from your usual Roguelikes, anyway.

Ortchel

Liturgist
Wow .. all these recommendations. Thank you everyone, looks like I've got a lot of work to do :)

Hajo

Liturgist
Toyzferall said:
DOOMRL

Just found this a bit ago. It's new, and there doesn't seem to be much of a player base and the site is bare-bones... But hey, it's a great idea and it's pretty damn fun. Definitely a nice shift from your usual Roguelikes, anyway.

DoomRL was made by Kornel Kisielewicz as proof of ability.

He was working on GenRogue for many years but never released something. People started nagging him as producer of vaporware. DoomRl is his proof that can develop roguelike games.

An excellent proof IMO :)

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
And a friend of mine made a roguelike looking exactly like ADOM but with Polish language flexion! :shock: (It's in Polish, so no link.)

Jed

Cipher
Someone should make a Codex house roguelike. We could even have characters from the forum in the game, and make the PC fight monsters like F, aka Giant Flip Flops! Volourn could be the foozle at the bottom of the Forum Pit, nearly impossible to defeat as it absorbs almost any attack. The terrifying cry of R00fles! is the last thing your PC hears before he or she dies!

Fez

Erudite
The glory of the codex in ASCII! I'd play it. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom