Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Indranys
Reactions
21 261 5 2

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• You are a prestigious, cultured man.
    Indranys
    Indranys
    I believe that he understood how the abrupt demise of classical Javanese worldview was unavoidable.
    The premodern Javanese narratives were rapidly twisted and butchered by the nascent domination of 3rd worldian nationalism across the Nusantara during his lifetime.
    Just read Anderson's Kuasa Kata (Language and Power), some of these concepts are explored in that book anyway.
    Well, minus the Cokroaminoto stuff.
    Jacob
    Jacob
    Wait, what 3rd-worldian nationalism? It was before the Cold War era right?
    Jacob
    Jacob
    At the end of the day, I still think that modern national government, with all its fault, is the only viable gov model for the current era, and like you said, the end of classical Javanese was unavoidable anyway, and not due to the Javanese or national gov's fault.
    I'm going to read Power of Prophecy first before Kuasa Kata, so many books, so little time (And "minat baca")
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom