Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Nano

1. Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    It is mostly the case of unjustified "Never played but I think its shit lmao" bellyfeels, but I didn't like the mechanical incentives in Human Revolution nor its narrative and from what I've seen of MD it looks like the latter at least is similar. Much prefer the nuanced if somewhat outdated take on cyberpunk of the original game to the thin worldbuilding of nuDX.
    Jan 12, 2020
  2. Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    As for gameplays, the presence of an optimal route through the game as reinforced by xp is pretty much antithetical to the Immersive Sim (TM) (R) (C) design and the distillation of certain mechanics (melee being tied to power usage etc) has disappointed me greatly ok
    Jan 12, 2020
  3. Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    I still love you. Also if you are a deus ex fan, check out the latest fork of the (IMO excellent) GMDX mod by our resident quantum physics professor RoSoDude (commonly referred to as RoSoDX); original mod by Ash aka Totalitarian
    Jan 12, 2020
    RoSoDude brofisted this.
  4. RoSoDude
    RoSoDude
    Accurate regarding MD's gameplay (it's HR 1.5, with some things improved and some things worsened). I think it's worth playing for the hub world and sidequests, but the main story will leave a bad taste in your mouth.

GMDX vRSD Beta 2 in uhhhhh February.
    Jan 12, 2020
    Lithium Flower brofisted this.