Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"100 Rogues", new indie Roguelike RPG (iPhone)

aleph

Arcane
Castanova said:
aleph said:
Lesifoere said:
Port to Android or GTFO, bitch.

Porting to Android shouldn't be a big issue, it's all java anyway, isn't it?

Nope. iPhone apps are written in Objective-C. This one most likely uses OpenGL ES but, in the worst case, it's possible this game uses the Apple-specific graphics API.

Typical, Apple screwing things up (or down...?).

A few more minutes of research turned this up, fuck knows if it works though.

if this works one day, that would be pretty nice

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
keithburgun said:
Update: We're going up on the App Store tomorrow, for any of you who do have iPhones, iPod Touches, or even iPads.

Yay!

Anyone here dig pixel art? Check out some from our game!

http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_p ... 724#129724

Please, PLEASE now immediately start working on a PC port. I'm not going to buy an iPhone (or 'i' anything) just to play it - I'd die from embarrasment, not to mention my CCP (codex cool points) score would go so far into the red, I would probably be banned. :cry:

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Are you kidding?
You bought a fucking piece of shit iPhone for a horrendous sum of money and ask now if 4! bucks is too much? Where is the logic in that? Or are you so broke now that you cant afford a happy meal at McWelfare?

Yes it is. I base it alone on the fact that is a roguelike and that pixelart.

pipka

Savant
Sure thing. When Beneath the Steel Sky and Plants vs Zombies are 2,39€, Battle for Wesnoth and Broken Sword are 3,99€, let's buy obscure game that has no ratings, no reviews, no demo and all good things you see are pixelart and roguelike.
Not enough, kiddo. I'd like to know what am I paying for, no mater the price.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Philosophy time.

No matter the price?
So, if somebody offered you 100 g of fine cheese and mediocre cheese for 1 cent and you would have to guess, would you pay?
I am assuming yes. But you will assert that 1 cent in not comparable to 4 bucks. And I would say that they are just as comparable as iPhone and 4 bucks and I am not even weighting in you income where you can actually buy in iPhone and use it.
And if you compare not the 4 bucks but the difference between them and other games it becomes obvious that your reluctance to pay for this game is irrational and emotionally controlled. Thus you must buy the game to be rational.

Tell us about it later.

pipka

Savant
Orgasm said:
Philosophy time.
No.
No matter the price?
Yes.
So, if somebody offered you 100 g of fine cheese and mediocre cheese for 1 cent and you would have to guess, would you pay?
First of all, no. There is maybe real need for that cheese. You could be really hungry. And depending on your hunger, it could be worth it. Still 100g is not enough and all it's gonna do is tease your appetite. Secondly, the cheese is expendable good. Either way, if you bought/ate/didn't eat it, it would be spoiled as result(pooped or decayed) taking more or mess time.
You don't compare expendable good to fixed goods. The games and the iPhone are affected in a less pronounced manner than cheese, if we take time into consideration. Give or take, if someone changes a storage regularly, a software can last forever.
I am assuming yes.
No.
But you will assert that 1 cent in not comparable to 4 bucks.
Everything is comparable. You just need to choose correct reference point. 4 bucks = 400 cents. lol
And I would say that they are just as comparable as iPhone and 4 bucks and I am not even weighting in you income where you can actually buy in iPhone and use it.
Sure thing. We have a lot of money, let's buy everything we can, no matter the price. And sort everything latter. If you buy shit for 1 cent or 4 bucks, shit stays shit, no matter what. And even worse, those who created the shit we bought will get the wrong impression that their shit actually is not shit. And of course they'll produce even more shit. But who cares, we have a shitload of money.
And if you compare not the 4 bucks but the difference between them and other games it becomes obvious that your reluctance to pay for this game is irrational and emotionally controlled.
With the game you invest into your amusement and the work of creator(so, that they can produce more games). The more you invest, the more you should get amusement in the both runs(short and long). The need for amusement/ to be amused could be considered irrational and unnecessary. Humankind doesn't need amusement to get through the day and do the basic functionalities. So let's summarize, my emotions dictates me that I want amusement and the emotions are irrational. And how can you do something emotionlessly(wtf am i writing)? We're humans, we all have emotions, and everything that affects us, influence us, creates an emotion in the countermeasure.
Thus you must buy the game to be rational.
Wat. Well, define irrationality and rationality in the context of consumerism. That's consumerist society we're living in, we need must consume to live. And there is no really must. Heck, using "must", "buy", "game" and "irrational" in one sentence is too much of eye blight to behold.
Tell us about it later.
No.

Semantics, fucking semantics.

Orgasm

Barely Literate
Rational in the context of consumerism would be just buying the game if you earn enough to run around with a glossy, overpriced, castrated product.

Also, I am not talking to people who decline free cheese.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom