Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1eyedking 1eyedking's List of Games Full of Tasteful Art Direction

DraQ

Arcane
1eyedking said:
#10: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (X360)

Oblivion's setting of the Cyrodil province is stunning, but it also boasts a wide range of different artistic inspirations. The character models of each race are vastly different, ranging from the human Imperials to the beastly Orcs. The game itself is so huge, and thus sports a wide range of environmental styles. The icy mountains of the Valus range, the woods of Chorrol and the fiery gates of Oblivion itself are but a few.

img

1eyedking

Erudite
Good news everyone, I just updated this post.
Added Daemonica, a small little Czech gem.
And rearranged stuff a lot, leaving only top-tier games at the, well, top tier.

You can now rest more easily knowing that such an exquisitely picked selection just got better!
Rest well, whomever the fuck cares, rest well...

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I really don't expect people to understand the list, particularly games like DOOM 3 and RAGE. But maybe, just maybe, there's some special kind of nerd out there on a very destructive quest of self-discovery that may find it handy.

I didn't find out how much those two actually delivered in terms of visual and immersive appeal until very late in my path of becoming artistically aware.

Which sounds grandiose but it was really just sitting down and playing a bunch of computer games, staring for hours at melancholic romantic paintings, reading obscure literature and listening to depressive music.

It's strange that someone would put D3 and Rage as examples of good art direction, but not both parts of Alice (with emphasis on the sequel).

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The mere inclusion of Doom 3 at the top tier is enough to automatically dismiss both the list and its maker from anything even remotely related to tasteful.

Also,
Which sounds grandiose but it was really just sitting down and playing a bunch of computer games, staring for hours at melancholic romantic paintings, reading obscure literature and listening to depressive music.
OP confirmed as an emo teenager.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
There are few games with great artistic direction in graphics.
OaOHVry.jpg

rLZdpIB.jpg

1eyedking

Erudite
Whatever. Keep playing your shit games full of tasteless crap.

When the day of reckoning comes, you'll know that sometime, somewhere, you read or heard about this one and only person who achieved transcendence into godhood.

And in a flash of insight you'll remember these words: 1eyedking.

Trust me, this list will not sound like a funny thread then...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom