Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

~

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

Deleted member 11480

-

Last edited by a moderator:

Stabwound

Arcane
That actually looks like a large chunk of incline. I'm not at all a fan of 3rd person shooters like the TR games, but this looks pretty cool.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Stabwound said:
That actually looks like a large chunk of incline. I'm not at all a fan of 3rd person shooters like the TR games, but this looks pretty cool.

The Tomb Raider games aren't really shooters. They have shooting in them of course, but the core of the gameplay is 3D platforming and puzzling. This one is played from an overhead perspective though, but without having actually played it I don't know what else has been changed.

Luzur

Good Sir
i played the first one, the rest are just copies of the first one but with better graphics and gimmicks.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Actually it's the first Tomb Raider game where combat doesn't make you uninstall the game after a hour of suffering through it.
The combat still isn't that good though, however thanks to it being Diablo-like, enemies having FAR less health and Lara firing her pistols like 2 blaster rifles it feels much smoother and not tedious.

I was playing it for a bit during a past week, didn't play much though because of another problem - diagonal directions. Yeah try using them on your keyboard and tell me it's comfortable. Isometry is great but damn they could've just made it like in old arcades where pressing up meant that the character will move up+left - you get the idea. And jumps. Whoever thought that doing jumps with diagonal directions in the isometry is a good idea should be tortured horribly

I feel like I won't bother with the game much though until they will release a coop multiplayer patch they promised because it isn't that good when playing alone as levels were clearly made for 2 people with different abilities.

Stabwound

Arcane
Well, considering it was developed as an Xbox live game (I think) they probably didn't really expect people to play with a keyboard. It's probably a lot easier with a gamepad/joystick/whatever.

made

Arcane
Not really. Movement is obviously smoother with the analog stick, aiming on the other hand sucks and works much better with a mouse.

The isometric graphics are beautiful btw. Why is it AAA titles insist on 1st/3rd person while iso view is so rare and reserved to these low budget games?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom