Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

~

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

Destroid

Arcane
That's pretty strange. Guess it would make casting for a movie easy.

Luzur

Good Sir
Spellcaster said:
Ok, which codexer is behind this shitty troll?

10z0pdx.jpg

iyilgy.jpg

34smopj.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
One day CoDElite will be a "bitter old nerd stuck in 2010" and people will make fun of him. Take some comfort in that.

Or not.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
commie said:
Sergiu64 said:
commie said:
The Codex is not the only place filled with :rage:

Yeah, Thief fans are great. Someone even made an unofficial expansion for Thief 2 that looked and felt like a real expansion. It had story, cgi (unofficial cgi!!!!) for mission introductions, same great game-play, great mission design. Not to mention it was quite long to boot.

Shadows of the Metal Age. Fucking great expansion. You'd think it was made by LGS......almost ;)
Goddamnit! How did I miss this?

I finished Thief 2 and played some user missions, and was impressed.
Now I'll have to install Thief 2 again.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Lumpy said:
MetalCraze said:
TTLG will still be a forum of bitchin' oldfags with two or three morons posting shit like "you just have to get on with the time. Original Thief games had shitty graphics, were slow and had a retarded map where it's impossible to find anything - even yourself wtf! Thankfully now normal gamers like me will be able to play it!"

Until Thiaf comes out (and Desu Ex)

After that it will be overrun by morons who are now new Thief series fans and TTLG will finally join us in the Abyss.
Actually, no: they'll all hate Thiaf, but when a studio that hires some old Looking Glass janitors creates a reskin expansion, they'll all suddenly love it for some weird fucking reason.

You mean Bethesda? :smug:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
poocolator said:
Goddamnit! How did I miss this?

I finished Thief 2 and played some user missions, and was impressed.
Now I'll have to install Thief 2 again.

Do it faggot! ;) :) Shadows is truly one of the most complete experiences for a mod I've played. As long as the originals (more or less), same art style, cutscenes, CGI even, quality voice work. It would be worthy of retail release easily(especially seeing the amateur crap on steam these days). Most importantly, they didn't try and make you Garrett and do a wanky fan fiction take of Garrett's adventures but chose to make a new female character.

Darth Roxor said:
More like 5hitman

:thumbsup:

Mortmal

Arcane
Spellcaster said:
MetalCraze said:
The OP writes it like it wasn't obvious the moment Eidos announced it

Or does someone still believe in modern sequels?
It was obvious, but I tried to do something. Sounds pretty retarded now, since none of us has been listened, but I went to the official forums and posted countless pieces of suggestions, discussed thousands of possibilities with other members (mostly TTLG people) and so on. At the end of the day, I had the feeling that all of it was completely pointless and the devs woudn't listen to any of it anyway, but at least I was trying.

And here's my answer.

Its the same on bioware boards, they pretend to listen to their fans, but you will see any thread suggesting to have dragon age 2 less action oriented is locked, there's ton of suggestions, well written posts, but you could as well post it in POOR FRNEGLiSH IN ALLCAPS BRO§! Its like preaching in the desert, they want to sell videogames, like you sell t-shirt, an happy meal with toy, or a b-action movie.
If you see one developper on a gaming board its because he expects to get praises and be told how cool he is.

bonescraper

poocolator said:
The screenshot's from TDS which, judging by the way Thi4f is going, is going to be an infinitely better game.
Fuck you.

Thi3f is good. Yeah, i know the levels are small and there are no rope arrows. That sucks, but the plot is good, and the stealth mechanics were actually improved. Real time shadows, guards with torches, people who notice missing items, moved objects, opened doors or your own damn shadow... fuck, they even "know where you are". Hide near a table and they'll say "i saw something near that table", hide in a tight alleyway and they'll say "i saw something moving in that alleyway", climb up onto something and they'll yell at you to come down. They have appopriate shouts depending on where they see you. I haven't seen this kind of feature anywhere else, but t's amazingly Immersive™. All in all, TDS is a good sequel, despite those damn tiny maps.

Thi4f on the other hand is going to suck. I expect to see missions in broad daylight, sticky cover system and lots of action. That's the last good franchise i actually care for (ok, there's also Syndicate)... but i have no doubt it's going to be raped like just like Fallout.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
bonescraper said:
poocolator said:
The screenshot's from TDS which, judging by the way Thi4f is going, is going to be an infinitely better game.
Fuck you.

Thi3f is good. Yeah, i know the levels are small and there are no rope arrows. That sucks, but the plot is good, and the stealth mechanics were actually improved. Real time shadows, guards with torches, people who notice missing items, moved objects, opened doors or your own damn shadow... fuck, they even "know where you are". Hide near a table and they'll say "i saw something near that table", hide in a tight alleyway and they'll say "i saw something moving in that alleyway", climb up onto something and they'll yell at you to come down. They have appopriate shouts depending on where they see you. I haven't seen this kind of feature anywhere else, but t's amazingly Immersive™. All in all, TDS is a good sequel, despite those damn tiny maps.

Agreed. I didn't want to start a pissing match but I quite liked Thief 3, it's nowhere near the abomination Deus Ex 2 was. It's biggest problem was the small areas.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Thief 2 fan missions have almost all of that + huge huge huge levels.

I'll take the huge levels thank you very much.

bonescraper

Oh, and by the way, i can't believe you guys are waiting for...

120101031112924.jpg

Bishōnen 5hitman. Even his hardballers were too manly for Square Enix.

Blood Money was the last good Hitman, deal with it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
bonescraper said:

[debunked photoshop]
Each one has been more accessible, easier, and better than the last, I'm not expecting them to mess that up.

MetalCraze

Arcane
How about you'll actually play them?

The most accessible was Hitman2 with its linear corridors. Hitman 4 was a major incline.

But you'll learn.
In before 5Hitman Conviction

Hobo Elf

Arcane
bonescraper said:

120101031112924.jpg

Bishōnen 5hitman. Even his hardballers were too manly for Square Enix.

Blood Money was the last good Hitman, deal with it.

'Tis a fake, dear.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
MetalCraze said:
How about you'll actually play them?

The most accessible was Hitman2 with its linear corridors. Hitman 4 was a major incline.

I have. Hitman 2 had a hair trigger warning meter that'd go off at the slightest provocation and it had a ton of sneaking through military installations where the path of least resistance was shooting your way through. Contracts had less of that and had a more lenient meter that would allow you to run if you were wearing a high-tier disguise, Blood Money was even more lenient. I finished BM the first time without setting off a single alarm or getting caught and getting a ton of Silent Assassin rankings, can't say the same thing at all about the first three.

lisac2k

Liturgist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Ungh, catching the news a bit late. I have to agree it's not a surprise, since it was almost quite clear the game concept will continue moving towards trivialism. As someone who really enjoyed the features of the first three installments (they do vary in quality, but they are good games in general), I am rather dissapointed with the current development direction.

Spellcaster said:
It was obvious, but I tried to do something. Sounds pretty retarded now, since none of us has been listened, but I went to the official forums and posted countless pieces of suggestions, discussed thousands of possibilities with other members (mostly TTLG people) and so on. At the end of the day, I had the feeling that all of it was completely pointless and the devs woudn't listen to any of it anyway, but at least I was trying.
Somehow, the whole story reminds me of the recent JA2 ruckus (and many others before that, for that matter). No matter what one side tries to say, the other one plays dumb. Fubar attitude.

Melcar

Arcane
poocolator said:
Melcar said:
But they're Russian.
Expect much lootable vodka in the mission pack.

I wonder whether Doom 3 is worth getting ahold of for the TDM conversion alone?

You better believe it is! Besides, it's not that big of a download.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom