Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community $5k for a Codexian Torment Obelisk, + raffle prizes!

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The survey for combat might come out before the codex drive ends (probably won't though).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
It would come out a LOT later. There are so many things they will need to discuss and consider and the game is in it's infancy with pre-production.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Untitled.jpg

Can DU make another suggestion to Fargo for a Codex contribution? If we raise the money, a small ultra-isolationist monastery is inserted into the game. Upon discovering the monastery the player is told to immediately swear fealty to 'the old ways'. The player can avoid entering comat at this point by either a rather easy speech/charisma/whatever check, or (to the surprise of the players who choose it for the lulz) by choosing the token 'insult' response. Either non-combat entry to the monastery will alllow the player to wander and find out that the monastery is a group dedicated to something they call 'the old ways', who share the belief that these 'old ways' will once return (you get slightly more information if you chose the 'insult' response - for reasons that will soon be clear). The twist is that the player discovers that not only are the monks split into factions with conflicting ideas of what the 'old ways' actually were (hence why they respect a man who speaks his mind more than one who tries to sweet-talk, even though the latter will still avoid combat) but even WITHIN each faction their concepts of the what the 'old ways' were are vague at best. Even worse, large portions of each faction were either young children at when the 'old ways' existed (the monastery has discovered a means of stopping aging within the walls of the monastery and can slow aging somewhat even outside the monastery - teaching the player this latter ability is the main reward for working out the puzzles without slaughtering everyone, and it will help him save another NPC, maybe even a companion, from an aging curse later in the game), or entered the monastery centuries after the old ways ended, so their faith in the old ways and the 'decline' are completely dependent on stories handed down by their elders.

The player can resolve this in one of two ways (each of which gives the aforementioned reward). He can convince a faction that their view of the 'old ways' MUST be the right one, and help them defeat the other factions in combat. Or with a good speech/charisma skill he can convince them that what they need is some improved leadership system to declare an 'official' version of the old ways. The player can convince them of either of two means of government - he can say they need a King (there's two plausible monks that could manage the role, and their names must have the initials D.U. or V.D.) or they can use a Comrade system, where the monks democratically vote every decade on a committee to design the official version of the old ways (until the next election-by-Comrades).

If the player makes it to the King/Comrade solution, he not only gets the aging cure to save the NPC/companion later, but he gains the monks as allies and can drop in to trade for a peridocially updated inventory of mystical items similar to the tattoos in Fell's shop in PS:T.

Sounds to me like an awesome way of squeezing as much Codex in as possiible, while avoiding anything that would alienate/confuse non-Codexers, nor would non-Codexers see it as a silly in-joke (unlike the 'nameless' Deus Ex mod).

Edit: if the player fails the initial speech check (any player can get in using the insult dialogue option, and the speech check should be low enough so that only those who are going for pure combat-power, with little interest in solving the 'mysteries' of the game, should fail it) and ends up having to kill the entire monastery, his reward is that he gets to loot a very powerful weapon that will come in handy to those who just want to slaughter their way to the end, but is less helpful than the aging cure/info/mystical items/future dialogues when shopping with the monks, etc to a player who is taking the 'I want to work out all the game's mysteries' approach).

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I've donated 15$ for both Torment and Divinity.

So, how can I see how many potatoes I have?

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
I'll donate 50 dorrah to this and D:OS as soon as the money has been transferred to my paypal account.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What was the 10.000 $ reward? Can't we get to 200 codexers willing to donate 50 cheapeuros for Glory?
I already have almost 500 potato I've put into the Codex already since our W2 fundraiser. Along with everything put into the actual KS themselves I've only got so much to give....

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I just wanted to see, in the initial credits, a Codex wax-like seal certifying that this game does not further the decline.
Well, for the seal of approval you would first have to see the content I guess, or are we going to be giving 10/10 ratings without playing the finished released game, like all the other shitsites out there ?

Also, DarkUnderlord, will Wasteland 2 be included in the http://rpgcodex.net/payments.php overview ?

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
Here’s what you have to do: as soon as an apparently worthy kickstarter shows up, you need to start the funding immediately. Personally, I only threw in 25$ in the Torment fundraiser just because, but by the time one of your fundraisers shows up, I have already donated my $$ in the KS campaign. So, you need to be more reactive, people who already donated through KS won’t give more money just because.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here’s what you have to do: as soon as an apparently worthy kickstarter shows up, you need to start the funding immediately. Personally, I only threw in 25$ in the Torment fundraiser just because, but by the time one of your fundraisers shows up, I have already donated my $$ in the KS campaign. So, you need to be more reactive, people who already donated through KS won’t give more money just because.

The fundraising system wasn't ready yet. In any case, you can reduce your KS pledge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom