Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

~

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Shit, it seems like every second thread in RPGD and GGD is now somehow graphics related or turns into one. Guess it's official then, the codex has turned into graphic whore heavan. It's so bad you tards have even stopped noticing it. This is what happens when you run out of rope*.

*Oldfag remark. You wouldn't know.

Renegen

Arcane
Consoles are to blame, there. Oblivion was released in March of 2006, Skyrim will be released in 2011, that's more than 5.5 years difference, and yet they will both fit in the X-Box 360 and PS3. 5.5 years folks, how many times has the power of computers doubled in that span, how many times? 1992 graphics versus 1997 graphics. Doom versus Quake.

Jesus Crist, don't search far, it's the fact that no matter what they say, everyone develops for consoles first.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Trash said:
This is what happens when you run out of rope

that's because the rope is now being used for autoerotic personal stimulation while the user screams "LOOK AT ME, I'M SUPERMAN" until someone arrives to cut him down at which point the rescuer is called a conformist homosexual

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Blackadder said:
Trash, I already ousted this place some time ago when I made a thread about 'Would you buy a game that looked like this, and how much would you pay?'.

In this thread, I outlined a game that looked similar to Ultima V, though having incredible depth and all the trappings that a pure Codexian should love. The majority of responses I had basically said:

A) Many might pay 'budget' prices for the game, in spite of the fact that we are a niche market, which says they are prepared to pay more for graphics, and give no real incentive for a developer to focus on depth of play.

B) Quite a number wouldn't be able to handle such graphics, in spite of the depth of gameplay.

So the answer is, without any doubt, graphics are more important than gameplay around here. This proves to me why Wargamers can have three+ publishing houses putting out various developer works each year (Matrix, Battlefront and the other one with countless variants of the same hex based wargame..it escapes me at the moment), and CRPG players have none. A few random indy developers, with the main one attempting to go mainstream (Vogel) and the others taking years to get their games on the market almost entirely due to the graphical issue (see Age of Decadence). Many of the wargames look like they could play on a 286 PC, but the developers seem to be able to keep pumping them out, so they must make some amount of profit.

The entirety of the forum has become living proof for how right this man was. Rpg's are dead but fuck it, just look at those textures!

sgc_meltdown said:
Trash said:
This is what happens when you run out of rope

that's because the rope is now being used for autoerotic personal stimulation while the user screams "LOOK AT ME, I'M SUPERMAN" until someone arrives to cut him down at which point the rescuer is called a conformist homosexual

:lol:

That's pretty accurate.

"Chances are, something you like very much has shit graphics. Why? Because this is RPG Codex."

MetalCraze

Arcane
Trash said:
Shit, it seems like every second thread in RPGD and GGD is now somehow graphics related or turns into one. Guess it's official then, the codex has turned into graphic whore heavan

You are saying it like Oblivion 2 may be a good game.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
Oblivion 2

Dragon Age: Oblivion
Dragon Age 2: Skyrim

Clockwork Knight said:
"Chances are, something you like very much has shit graphics."

oh yes that reminds me

"...is called a conformist homosexual. And once in a while 1eyedking walks in, ejaculates on the floor, exclaims "LOOK AT THIS GODDAMN MESS YOU'RE ALL FILTHY ANIMALS AND I'M LEAVING" and walks out but not before sniffing the rope."

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
My mistake though. Back to ignore it is.

MetalCraze said:
Trash said:
Shit, it seems like every second thread in RPGD and GGD is now somehow graphics related or turns into one. Guess it's official then, the codex has turned into graphic whore heavan

You are saying it like Oblivion 2 may be a good game.

Talk about missing the point.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Trash said:
Guess it's official then, the codex has turned into graphic whore heavan. ]

No, just the 2009 and later fags think Graphics are part of a cRPG.

The rest of us just ignore these shitty games and topics....

Jaesun said:
Trash said:
Guess it's official then, the codex has turned into graphic whore heavan. ]

If by "ignore" you mean "post to say you don't care", then yeah

hentai--buttercup--oekaki--powered-buttercup--powerpuff-girls-z--tsundere_thumb.png

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Jaesun said:

Well, I'm in the camp of those who will fap to the graphics of the new games while concurrently playing one of the oldies. I have an uncompleted Crysis 2 game sitting around, but after finally getting some free time to play yesterday I decided to boot up Gateway instead.
Awesome game too :love:

And OK, neither of them is a CRPG, but you get my point. For a better example, commie was splitting his playing time between Dark Designs and Two Worlds 2.

New and old are not necessarily exclusive. You can be a graphic whore AND enjoy good gameplay.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Re: My mistake though. Back to ignore it is.

Trash said:

What point?

We know 100% that Oblivion 2 is going to suck as a game.
It will be even more dumbed down in terms of RPG elements.
It won't have an interesting fantasy world like Morrowind, instead there's genericness of Oblivion + DRAGONZ

So naturally graphics is the only thing worth discussing (bitching about) here.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Re: My mistake though. Back to ignore it is.

Ah yes, Oblivion 2. Preferably, I'd rater just call it Oblivion 1 and forget that entire other game that was ruined by quite a few design flaws.

MetalCraze said:
Trash said:

What point?

We know 100% that Oblivion 2 is going to suck as a game.
It will be even more dumbed down in terms of RPG elements.
It won't have an interesting fantasy world like Morrowind, instead there's genericness of Oblivion + DRAGONZ

So naturally graphics is the only thing worth discussing (bitching about) here.

Personally hiking simulators, regardless of how crappy, are a guilty pleasure of mine. Even Oblivion gave me some enjoyment. Anyways, I'd rather talk about the game rather than bitch about the graphics which are fine for an Xbox360 game port.

What is it you dislike most about Skyrimjob/Oblivion 2? Is it due to the recurring quest compass? The relatively generic setting? Some other design choice?

EDIT: Just learned there is auto-healing in Skyrim job (after combat)

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... n-preview/

- In the character creator, you can even put differently colored dirt on your face (not really new, but might have been overlooked compared to face paint and tattoos)
- Imperials' power is "Voice of the Emperor", which can be used daily and calms an opponent.
- You start with a fire and a healing spell.
- According to Pete Hines, completing the main quest takes about 20-25 hours.
- The crafting menu (at a blacksmith) was divided into the following categories: Hide, Iron, Studded, Leather and Jewelry.
- You can chose when to level up (so it's not automatic). Leveling up refills your health.
- Torches can be used to set enemies on fire or 'defend against their blows'.
- Healing Potions heal immediately.
- Health regenerates slowly out of combat.

:decline:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Jaesun said:
Trash said:
Guess it's official then, the codex has turned into graphic whore heavan.

Jaesun being a jaded oldfag. :lol:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
MetalCraze said:
You can chose when to level up (so it's not automatic)

Bethesda never ceases to innovate.

This happened in Morrowind and Oblivion as well. You would only level up if you slept in a bed. Unless there is something else...?

Phelot

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
GarfunkeL said:
And the tits are too small, anyway. :hasnoideaaboutgfx:

That's an astute observation. Indeed, the tits aren't succulent enough.

That would be taking away from the modders jobs. Besides, devs could never make them big enough to satisfy... that element.

This is why every game should have a Bloodlines "money" console command so you can have choices and consequences with your character's breast size. The consequence being having such large boobies you can't see most of the game world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom