Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Long Road Home - AVAILABLE ON STEAM - ME NEED FOOD - GO BUY IT!

Would you give J_C's adventure game a go?

• LOL, yeah, like he will ever finish it!

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • Don't care and won't try it! Fuck you J_C!

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Even his game deserves a chance, I will try it if it's released.

Votes: 30 38.5%

• Total voters

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Guuuuyz!!

I will finish the game next week. All the content, dialogue and music will be in there, i just have to run a beta test and it will be ready for release.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guuuuyz!!

I will finish the game next week. All the content, dialogue and music will be in there, i just have to run a beta test and it will be ready for release.
Good luck.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
As I promised, the game is finally finished. Did two full walkthroughs on the weekend, tried to weed out the most glaring bugs, typos and inconsistencies. The length of the game is around 6-7 hours ( completed in 5:20 but I knew where to go and look).

I will start a closed beta test, and I welcome any participants who are willing to give the game a go. If you are willing to play the game through at least once, giving some feedback, send me a PM and I provide you a download link.

Keep in mind that:

• the game is probably shit by your standards, but hey, it is my very first game
  • this game was made in the RPG Maker engine
  • I don't need feedback about the game being shit. I know it is
  • the most important feedback I need is about the writing. Since I'm not perfectly fluent in english, there might be stylistic and grammatic errors (although I hope not many serious issues). I also look for feedback about crashes, bugs or just very bad design decisions, which I might or might not fix
  • if I give you a copy, please don't share it with others in its beta state. If the game will be release ready, I will give you a copy for free, and you can do whatever you want with it. :)
  • also, please don't share footage or screenshots from your beta version
  • please only apply if you are really willing to play the game and give feedback in a few weeks.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Fucked up and sent an old buggy demo version instead of the beta for the first few beta testers. Great job J_C!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Hello everyone!

Many of you might had doubts in me, but the game had been finished and the official Steam Greenlight campaign was launched today. The odds are stacked against me once again, but if you think my game deserves a chance to be on Steam, you can vote for it here:

A Long Road Home

And the release trailer:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Hi you all.

The testing is in its last final days, so I proudly announce the release date for A Long Road Home. The game will be available on 23rd December 2016 on itch.io, gamejolt and indiegamestand for the price of $2.49.

For those, who supported me with valuable feedback and constructive criticism, I send you my heartfelt Thank you!

For the trolls and naysayers: FUCK YOU! :smug:

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
FUCK YOU! :smug:

What the hell - it's Christmas, and I'm sure the Hungarian economy needs all the help it can get. My distaste at sampling something produced by a Codexer is somewhat diminished by the price, and the fact that when/if CMB released Grimoire I'll be forcing money into his sweaty hands as well.

Happy Christmas, J_C!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hi you all.

The testing is in its last final days, so I proudly announce the release date for A Long Road Home. The game will be available on 23rd December 2016 on itch.io, gamejolt and indiegamestand for the price of $2.49.

For those, who supported me with valuable feedback and constructive criticism, I send you my heartfelt Thank you!

link to the pages? also plan to launch a greenlight on steem?

i mean of digital homicide shit got greened, you can absolutely do it

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Hi you all.

link to the pages? also plan to launch a greenlight on steem?

i mean of digital homicide shit got greened, you can absolutely do it
The greenlight campaign is well underway, it launched more than a month ago. There is even a post about it a little higher on the page. :P Unfortuantely it slowed down considerable now, because I can't pay for promotion right now. If you have the money, you can get a lot of votes, the way digital homicide did presumably.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
And here is the official annoncement about the game released. A Long Road Home launched on itch.io, you can check it out on this link:

A Long Road Home

It will be available on Indie Gamestand probably later today. Gamejolt has my account under authorization right now, but I hope I will get the green light soon. As for Steam, I don't know, maybe in a year. XD

Agan, thanks for your kind words, and Merry Christmas to everyone!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
This month just keeps giving. The game has been greenlit today, so a Steam release is unavoidable now. Thank you for your votes everyone!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Thanks, wanted to post it myself, but you beat me to it. Yep, it is only a week off. Although I'm a bit nervous because the guy I commisioned for the trading card art has only done 2 artworks of the seven. I hope he makes it in time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom