Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Long Road Home - AVAILABLE ON STEAM - ME NEED FOOD - GO BUY IT!

Would you give J_C's adventure game a go?

• LOL, yeah, like he will ever finish it!

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • Don't care and won't try it! Fuck you J_C!

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Even his game deserves a chance, I will try it if it's released.

Votes: 30 38.5%

• Total voters

Mustawd

This will be the first adventure game I ever finish. Review should be....interesting.

mibbles

codex grandma
Patron
Just finished it. Crashed once
after successfully playing the tune on the piano.
Got stuck a few times due to not noticing a clickable object. The inventory and combining things were a hassle at times. Would've quite liked to
play more as Melissa and muck about with the Soul Transfer ability.

I enjoyed the villains and the choice in the end. All in all it's good for what it is and I don't feel cheated out of my hard earned euros. :M

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thank you very much! :hug:
Can I be so shameless to ask for a review on steam, so I have more of them under the game? Now there are only 4, and only one of them bought the game on Steam.
Would've quite liked to
play more as Melissa and muck about with the Soul Transfer ability.
At first I wanted to put more time into those, to give them a bigger role in the game, but it didn't turn out the way I initially wanted. Maybe in the DLC :)

mibbles

codex grandma
Patron
Thank you very much! :hug:
Can I be so shameless to ask for a review on steam, so I have more of them under the game? Now there are only 4, and only one of them bought the game on Steam.

I wrote up a small review, enjoy~

Mustawd

J_C is your game intended to allow the game to go on if you break a puzzle/quest? I broke the first one, and it took me a while to realize
I needed to restart from my last save because I was out of $$ and couldn't buy anymore ingredients for the recipe.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
J_C is your game intended to allow the game to go on if you break a puzzle/quest? I broke the first one, and it took me a while to realize
I needed to restart from my last save because I was out of $$ and couldn't buy anymore ingredients for the recipe.
You can fail the first puzzle. If you spend your money and can't buy the needed ingredients, you can still go back to the doctor and say that you fucked up, the game goes on with a small difference. (Not a serious C&C.) You don't need to restart the game.

Mustawd

You can fail the first puzzle. If you spend your money and can't buy the needed ingredients, you can still go back to the doctor and say that you fucked up, the game goes on with a small difference. (Not a serious C&C.) You don't need to restart the game.

Really? Cuz I went to him and he just told me I was missing something. I'll try again. Maybe I missed something.

Haven't had a ton of time for games, bur I'll play a bit here and there.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

Really? Cuz I went to him and he just told me I was missing something. I'll try again. Maybe I missed something.

Haven't had a ton of time for games, bur I'll play a bit here and there.
Hm, there should be an option where you told him that you fucked up.
Even if you have spent your money elsewhere, you still have to visit Old Billy though.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There was an indie developer whose game got uploaded on launch day and he put up 10 steam keys there asap thanking them for their interest. It got some good will from the community, got some good press out of it and more people noticing his game than he would have otherwise.
Think it was for This War of Mine.

Mustawd

I'm stuck.

I made the guards fight each other. I got the 5 copper from Billy and bought a shovel (cuz yolo). I also have the firework. Now I have no idea what to do. Billy is gone. Dr Raisin is busy and wants me to leave him alone. I still have his stupid recipe by the way. Also guards don't give me anything to do. And I tried using the rope to go down the hole next to Billy's shop, but not sure how to use.

This is why I hate adventure games (aka I suck at adventure games). :cry:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
I'm stuck.

I made the guards fight each other. I got the 5 copper from Billy and bought a shovel (cuz yolo). I also have the firework. Now I have no idea what to do. Billy is gone. Dr Raisin is busy and wants me to leave him alone. I still have his stupid recipe by the way. Also guards don't give me anything to do. And I tried using the rope to go down the hole next to Billy's shop, but not sure how to use.

This is why I hate adventure games (aka I suck at adventure games). :cry:
There is a walkthrough on the cummunity hub on Steam. :) But
Use shovel on the hole next to Billy's shop. Use fireworks on the well at Rasin's house to create a loud distraction and get the grappling hook from the general store.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Guys, what do you think about me streaming some of my game? I've never done streaming, I don't know if it is a good thing or not.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guys, what do you think about me streaming some of my game? I've never done streaming, I don't know if it is a good thing or not.
Depends man, can you engage an audience via twitch?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Depends man, can you engage an audience via twitch?
I don't know lol. XD

I would probably just do it for fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom