Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Merry Christmas to Arcanum fans

Ander Vinz

Scholar
I still love you, my drama queen you.

Tails

Arbiter
It seems it's hard to escape from Arcanum. Thanks for Christmas release.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
For what it's worth Drog: Thank you for doing this. By that I just don't mean this Christmas patch, but every single thing you've done to try to make Arcanum a better game.

I, for one, am very grateful for your effort.

Mystary!

Arcane
The information displayed when hovering over items or skills is sometimes misleading, showing red text like my attributes is too low to level up a skill, but I do fulfill the requirments so it's must be bugged. Is this a known issue?

Petrell

Educated
deuxhero said:
I want patch notes outside of a shifty file first.

You can extract the file using 7zip but here goes:

CHANGELOG
Unofficial Arcanum Patch
Version 091225

LEGEND:

[F] - Fixed bug.
[R] - Restored content/feature. Something that was omitted/forgotten/disabled/censored is restored.
- Improved content/feature. Something was improved objectively.
[C] - Changed content/feature. Something was changed subjectively to make the game more coherent.
[A] - Added content/feature. Something was added to make the game more coherent.

[F] Fixed several wrong and missing money checks in Kietzel Pierce's dialog. Fixed a few incorrect money transactions as well (the money was getting taken twice from the PC).
[C] Guard Chainmail and Small Guard Chainmail are now considered technological instead of magickal. Seeing that the armor is completely the same as the normal chainmail (except for the color) and doesn't have any magickal bonuses, it's safe to assume that it was marked as magickal by mistake.
[F] Fixed the wrong size of the written UI background (notes, books, newspapers, etc).
Fixed the schematic menu's art.
Fixed the fate point menu's art.
Fixed the scroll down cursor's art.
[F] Fixed the wrong lens art in character editor, schematic UI and written UI.
[F] Fixed the wrong position of the bull's eye in Cyclic UI.
[F] Fixed Waromon's dialog. Barter/questions/orders lines don't show up anymore while he's waiting.
[F] Fixed the wrong position of the quick slots panel art in Compact UI.
[R] Restored original skill icons (Combat, Thieving, Social and Technological).
[F] Fixed the wrong position of the AP bar.
[R] The dynamic shadows option is now available in the options menu.
[F] It's no longer possible to break out of dialog by clicking on quick slots.
[F] Fixed the AP preview for throwing an item (grenades, etc). It was showing the AP cost for movement.
[F] You no longer get a fate point for killing Lukan and his henchmen after you've already persuaded them to leave.
[R] When Compound Bow is used as a component in schematics, it now shows correct art.
[F] Fixed problems with Richard Leeks' quest. If Cyrus gets killed after you get the quest it's now possible to report his death. Additionally, resurrecting him now lets you complete the quest.
[A] Added a missing exit line to the questions branch in Zen Virgil's dialog.
[F] Vincent's dialog is no longer recyclable.
[F] Stealing the book or gauntlets from Magnus while he's not in your party no longer initiates dialog.
[R] Restored an unused line in Matthew Jameson's dialog. If you refuse to give him the ring, but then tell him you were only joking, he now gives you a different response.
[A] Matthew Jameson, Biggs, W. Thomas Moreau and Simon Plough now disappear once you complete their quest and leave the area.
[F] Learning the location of Qintarra from Gaylin by either making her surrender in combat and then talking to her or killing her and conjuring her spirit now properly advances the story line.
[F] Fixed a misnamed line in generated greetings for the wizard social class.
[F] If you decline Benjamin Gershwin's quest, you can now properly accept it the next time you talk to him.
[F] Fixed wrong conditions in the dialog of the Captain of Bates' guards related to the saboteurs quest.
[F] Disintegrating the forest portal no longer causes a lot of monsters to spawn and die at once.
[F] Fixed a mistake in the description for Eye Glasses.
[F] Fixed wrong conditions in Constable Owens' dialog. Now he properly attacks when provoked in all cases.
[R] Restored unused lines in Lukan's dialog.
[F] Fixed a wrong money reward in Cedric Appleby's dialog.
[F] Fixed mixed up haggle checks in Edward Teach's dialog.
[F] Fixed incorrect reaction modifiers in William Bench's dialog.
[F] Restored a correct response in Nasrudin's dialog.
[F] Fixed a broken line in K'an Hua's dialog (at the Ring of Brodgar).
[F] Fixed a wrong reaction modifier in Evelyn Garringsburg's dialog.
[F] Replaced a fixed greeting in Caleb Malloy's dialog with a generated one, since low reaction PC lines are present.
[F] Fixed a wrong intelligence check in Clarissa Shalmo's dialog.
[F] Fixed two broken lines and a missing dummy response in Sammie's dialog.
[F] Fixed mixed up responses in Henderson's dialog.
[F] Fixed a wrong intelligence check in Willoughsby's dialog.
[F] Fixed a wrong condition in Albert Leek's dialog. It's no longer possible to receive the master training without finding all the clues.
[F] The Prowling Master Note 1 that Mr. Razzia gives you is no longer empty.
[F] Fixed three missing money transactions and a wrong intelligence check in J.M. Morat's dialog.
[F] Fixed a wrong intelligence check in Gildor Nightwalk's dialog.
[F] Fixed two wrong intelligence checks in Z'an Al'urin's dialog.
[F] Fixed two wrong persuasion checks in Garrick Stout's dialog.
[F] Fixed a wrong reaction modifier in Druella's dialog.
[F] Fixed a wrong reaction modifier in David Witt's dialog.
[F] Added missing dummy lines to the dialog of the gnome involved in the gnomish conspiracy quest.
[F] Added a missing reaction bonus to Sebastian's dialog.
[F] Fixed several missing conditions and reaction modifiers in Jason C. Guy's dialog.
[F] It's no longer possible to gain entrance to Kerghan's castle by killing one of the two guards twice.
[F] Fixed a line in Herkemer Oggdoddler's dialog that was resetting the reaction to a set value instead of giving a bonus.
[F] Fixed an infinite money loop in H.T. Parnell's dialog.
[F] A wrong global flag was used in Randver and Loghaire's dialogs. This was affecting the Stillwater Giant quest.
[F] It's no longer possible to accept Vegard Molten Flow and Erick Obsidian's quests repeatedly.
[F] If you kill the dog beating gnome before talking to him, the dog now recovers and automatically joins your group.
[F] Fixed a bug in normal Virgil's dialog, that was preventing Zen Virgil's conversation in the Sobbing Onion from happening.
[F] It's no longer possible to save Zen Virgil when you enter the Sobbing Onion's basement.
[F] Zen Virgil's standpoints no longer get messed up. If you don't take Virgil into your group right after resurrecting him, then he will be waiting by the Panarii temple (as he says), otherwise he will always be returning to the Sobbing Onion when disbanded.
[F] Adkin Chambers' dialog now works correctly for dummies. Also, removed unneeded healing requests.
[F] Ring and Medallion of Dark Magicks now give proper bonuses/penalties.
[F] Baneful Gauntlets now give correct bonuses, and FT DOT works as well.
[F] Venomous Robes now give correct bonuses.
[F] Fixed the ground art for Magnus' Bracelet.
[F] Madame Toussaude no longer has another Crystall Ball in her inventory once she has already given you one.
[F] Fixed a broken line for dummies in Lukan's dialog.
Replaced the icon with a remastered version of the original, with alpha channel and 256x256 variant for Vista.

CHANGELOG
UAP: Extra Content
Version 091225

- Levered Machine Gun is restored. The only copy of it is held by Captain Wheeler.
- Restored unused lines related to the Panarii in Constable Owens' dialog. (You get more dialog if Virgil isn't in your group.)
- Added more checks to the dialog of the ogre guarding the painting to make it more plausible. Now you can use all relevant pieces of info, such as Madame Toussaude's hint, info from the Hall of Records, Rorry Limes' passport and the note to bluff the ogre.

Almost forgot: Thanks to Drog for all his hard work on patching Arcanum. It's really apreaciated.

AccessDenied

Novice
Just registered to say "Thanks Drog".

I got the hint that things turned very sour between you and community. Shame. Worse still, the people that slam you are quite often the ones that also benefit from your work.

I don't know who is in the wrong or right as to what happened but I will say that I *REALLY* appreciate all the effort and work you put in.

I've now installed Arcanum and started playing it (I originally got the game approx 1 week after it came out in Australia). I've never managed to complete the game because I kept getting swamped with bugs. I now have hope.

Regards,
AD

SkeleTony

Augur
Petrell said:

I bought this. Have not yet tried the UAO but have run into a bug with the graphics doubling up(like a copy of my PC will run around doing what I just did and messing up the surrounding graphics. Seems to also happen to NPCs/monsters being 'cloned' as well.).

Will try the 'compatibility modes' next, then the patch I guess.

I am on Win XP with an Nvidia card(512 Mb) and like 4 gigs of ram I think.

burrie

Scholar
I started an Arcanum game last weekend, courtesy of GOG, and installed the available patch at terra-arcanum which is an older version than this one, I think.

Would I lose my current savegames and/or break anything if I'd install this patch?

Edit: Eh, perhaps I should just do what the first post says: Use at my own risk.

Kz3r0

Arcane
SkeleTony said:
Petrell said:

I bought this. Have not yet tried the UAO but have run into a bug with the graphics doubling up(like a copy of my PC will run around doing what I just did and messing up the surrounding graphics. Seems to also happen to NPCs/monsters being 'cloned' as well.).

It's a compatibility issue with the newest graphic cards/drivers.
Add this option, after a space, to the shortcut on your desktop:
-no3d

SkeleTony

Augur
Kz3r0 said:
SkeleTony said:
Petrell said:

It's a compatibility issue with the newest graphic cards/drivers.
Add this option, after a space, to the shortcut on your desktop:
-no3d

Ah...thank you so much. I was wondering if there was one of these shortcut modifications(ala the Warlords 3 "-wincursor" option for running DLR in Win XP).

DynamicRabbit

Novice
Upon running the patch (game is currently patched up to 1.0.7.4), and selecting the destination (C:\Sierra\Arcanum), it states that "Arcanum installation not found." The destination should be correct, as that is where it's installed. Advice?

deuxhero

Arcane
Why microsoft decided to make programs spaz out when they are installed to the default location for god knows how long is beyond me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom