Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout A really specific line in Dead Money that gets to me.

Lurker47

Savant
Dean mentions him not remembering the last time he ate. Is it literal? Is it just supposed to signify his poor sense of time? Is there any information on what was specifically meant to be implied here? I seriously hope it isn't a little nudge to the "radiation is literally all ghouls need to survive" angle that 3 and 4 seemed to slip into.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I think I remember him talking about the food machines at one point. I've not played it in forever, though.

Either way, I had a roomate that I've never seen once eat a meal. She lived off of cola and cigarettes.

Zakhad

Savant
Dean mentions him not remembering the last time he ate. Is it literal? Is it just supposed to signify his poor sense of time? Is there any information on what was specifically meant to be implied here? I seriously hope it isn't a little nudge to the "radiation is literally all ghouls need to survive" angle that 3 and 4 seemed to slip into.

I think it's just rhetorical. Like Fallout 4's much, much, much more idiotic, "I can't remember the last time I had clean fingernails".

laclongquan

Arcane

Possibly poor sense of time. But also might be literal, as in "I dont remember the last time I mechanically pick up a bar of concentrated sawdust, put in my mouth, chew a few times, chase it with a glass of cola and be done with it".

As for radiation, player would have noticed such higher level of radiation, right? Christy also say nothing about that.

Lurker47

Savant
As for radiation, player would have noticed such higher level of radiation, right? Christy also say nothing about that.
I remember the cloud being stated to have radioactive properties but I just looked it up and it's not true. I guess I just misremembered something- that's the main reason I thought it was a nod to the 4 ghoul kind of thing.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
As for Bethesda Fallout canon it would appear that Ghouls don’t need to eat; otherwise how would the ghoul kid on the fridge have survived?
:happytrollboy:

sser

Arcane
Developer
He's adjusted to a new circumstance and forgotten the reality he once had.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom