Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime AAR Yes, you CAN play Dawn of War: Soulstorm without Tourneys

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
AAR Battle 1 part 1
RK47 (Eldar) vs Hello Friend (Sisters of Battle)
Map : Fata Morga
NU2RoST.jpg

Getting back into DoW is always gonna be a challenge, but I'm sure with some practice bullying, hello friend will rediscover his game.
I start at the top of the map. Standard opening: Bonesinger, 2 Guardians

AtE8msz.jpg

Meanwhile at the bottom of the map, Hello Friend opens with 2 Missionaries.

jwBLRSb.jpg

And no power generator.

4h4k1NT.jpg

Now that's a non-standard opener. That would mean he wants the saved resource on extra infantry. While back in my base I'm already researching the Eldar's fleet of foot upgrade with a Dark Reaper squad on the way.

zR5I0tm.jpg

EDQNjPy.jpg

It's a standard opener for Eldar. I don't trust my micro skill to use the Rangers. Especially in laggy connection.
Two dark reaper squads walks out of the base.

nngO0BN.jpg

And suddenly a lone missionary appeared near my Relic capture squad.

2BeN0Lz.jpg

I quickly respond to this incursion, an early kill on missionary will cripple the Sister's capping ability.

cDviTPQ.jpg

With fleet of foot, there's no running away...

JLHtFkl.jpg

When suddenly...

NOrvvmW.jpg

:shredder:

To be continued...

RK47

Patron
AAR Battle I part 2
That's an absurdly high number of hostiles within 3 minutes of the game.

6eQK5JM.jpg

I quickly reinforce the two Dark Reaper squads. Thankfully most of my resource capture and builds are completed. I abandoned the Relic quickly.
It was an all-in play from the Sisters.

jkwR4I9.jpg

With no power income, there's no way the Sisters can tech up.
I think I should have sufficient firepower to hold 3 sisters squad with 2 Dark Reapers and 2 Guardian Squads. But that game was lagging so bad I was constantly messing up.
The Eldars pulled back into their base, funneling the sisters into a narrow path.

DRnMK1I.jpg

OfS6fRX.jpg

I added a third Dark Reaper squad. But this is a blunder in my part. I should've diversified the force a bit. Fleet of Foot toggles boost movement, but drastically lowers accuracy. If I forget to stop and turn it off before firing, the Dark Reapers will not do any damage.

aAvKCau.jpg

And the maths are still bad for me. Because in Dawn of War, you can set units to attack in melee, and that will prevent ranged weapons from firing. Since Dark Reapers has abysmal melee damage, the Sister Squads can shut them down if they can close into a melee. With the spotty latency and sloppy plays going on, I decide to go for mines instead.

HJH4134.jpg

Mid-advance, the Sisters stopped pursuit and decided to fire on the Eldar's sole power generator.

6RLcbgA.jpg

This isn't a bad move if you want to trap your opponent in low tier. But I don't think that's a priority at the moment. I rather focus on closing in on the dark reapers if I was him.

2dm509z.jpg

There was no way to save that generator, but it bought precious time for Eldars to land more hits on the constantly reinforcing sister squads.
I even started rebuilding a new generator.

DgBs9Mk.jpg

I can only see one way to win this engagement: I need to upgrade my Listening Shrines. And that costs power.
The girls re-target the dark reapers and close in for melee...

DeTX5eJ.jpg

But the mines detonated, sending both women and eldars flying.

HjYIQZq.jpg

Lag ensues and further mis-clicks happened.

Srp0wE7.jpg

I think one of the dark reaper squad got pathing bugged into a cliff and couldn't escape.
I raged and pulled the other two out of the engagement.

eBYAZsC.jpg

Generator completes, and the boost in power lets me start upgrading the Listening Shrine.

tkLWNm7.jpg

One Dark Reaper squad is near wipe...

tYV26LW.jpg

But you know what made me have hope at that moment? The fact that take and hold victory countdown has started. For me.
That's right. I sent away the two guardian squads for those critical strategic points.

gk7o6xV.jpg

Bq6m8Wi.jpg

Mission complete.
The breakthrough starts now.

7JlngAN.png

To be continued...

RK47

Patron
AAR Battle I part 3
The guardians have returned to rescue the situation.

LD3MsPK.jpg

The Dark Reaper squad survived. A second wipe would've cracked me.

cjySvQn.jpg

Despite our valiant efforts, the trapped Dark Reaper squad cannot be saved, they were fisted to death by feminazis.

LYG1bq8.jpg

No matter, the Listening shrine upgrade was completed and we have tower defenses now.

3JVdjyV.jpg

The Eldars commence their dance of death within their tower defense network...

6zDrgZJ.jpg

They even taunted the sisters by building another generator at the same spot where the first one exploded.

Xhx54sD.jpg

The sisters begin to melt under the constant gunfire. But the taunt was too much for the sisters and they started firing upon the bonesingers working on the new generator (seriously? :lol:)

jVlqRzt.jpg

ypesZdS.jpg

KDvS2yI.jpg

TO1ADYQ.jpg

The bonesingers lay dead and the generator exploded. But that meant more time for the Eldars to fire upon the Sister squads.
And yes, the Eldars will build yet another new generator as a 'fuck you' to the Sisters.

n98Q1FX.jpg

The Eldars deploy their melee shock troops, the Howling Banshees in anticipation of a breakthrough...

ElA3uSc.jpg

In contrast, the sisters remain at 0 power income...

nh876IC.jpg

Realizing that their situation is untenable, they finally retreat from the Eldar base.

z7U5NnS.jpg

But the Eldars are relentless and it's the Sisters turn to defend...

SxpflER.jpg

With their last remaining power points, they supplied their squads with a few flamers and attempt a breakthrough...

Omy7Ozv.jpg

No chance, the Eldars have all the resources now to press on.

Is4Aa6B.jpg

With the victory countdown drawing near, the Eldars fell back to their critical locations to defend.
The Sisters order their last charge at the central critical location...

ustlHv0.jpg

To no avail.

2U2uBMp.jpg

Post match stat:
4cYeFpN.png

It's an all-in. But Hello Friend didn't capitalize when he had me trapped in my base. He should've got his eco running. With zero power, the Sisters advantage will only decline in time.

After that kind of lag, I swore off Eldars for now :lol:

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Battle II
RK47 (IG) vs Random Internet Guy (Chaos)
Map: Emerald River

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Battle III
RK47 (IG) v Roxor (Random-SM)
Map: Bloody Lag River

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Yeah, crazy lag spikes in that game lead to lulzy situations.
I think I'll avoid using the following factions due to the lag spikes: Eldar and Chaos.
Crazy stuff happened in 4th minute where both my Techpriests just abandoned construction works and went straight to enemy base.
Could be an old queue'd action but that made no sense since their works are unfinished.
That really destabilized my play a bit.

I made some mistakes in this game:
- Couldn't get that early kill on the Marine Force Commander, Roxor got the timing right, pulling back and attaching to SM squad, but I felt I should've been more insistent in killing him.
- Did not get early Requisition boost in T2. I think I would get way more resources if I just upgrade the resource passive first instead of LP2'ing everywhere.
- I delayed T3 to get Tactica Command + Grenade Launchers. The delay was unnecessary IMO.
- Kept pushing despite facing a squad of Grey Knights and three marine heroes capable of wiping out guardsmen and fisting my vehicles. I did pull back after losing a fuck ton of guardsmen and hell hounds.

Best moment was hitting T3 probably and activating fanaticisms on priests while mid battle. Called in Air Strike and had Roxor replying with Orbital Bombardment and Word of Emperor activation with a yuge lag spike in between. Epic af.

wLDifea.png

RK47

Patron
Battle IV - For The Moon
Hello Friend (SOB) v RK47 (IG) - Moonbase Map
Sisters of Battle starts on the left side of the map. They start training 2 Missionaries followed by a Servitor.

PEjI5ak.jpg

Imperial Guard starts on the right side of the map. Opens with the standard 2 Guardsman Squads followed by a Techpriest.

xZUtC3b.jpg

Today's map is Moonbase - a very low economy map with no relics to contest.

bdg35hV.jpg

Four strategic points are available for each side of the map. Followed by 3 critical locations. If any side controls 2/3 or more points the victory countdown will start.
Sisters of Battle constructs their infantry recruitment facility, followed by their first Power Generator.

JGpJjYV.jpg

This is a standard opener - there will be no all-in today.
The Imperial Guard does likewise. But they get their Command Squad out earlier than the Sister's Cannoness.

m4CtyUI.jpg

9sNDWBg.jpg

This is the harass opportunity that every Imperial Guard player must seize in the early game. With Priest and Psyker attached, the Command Squad must aim to deal as much damage as possible to the opposition.

rPdmaqZ.jpg

A lone missionary had to cancel his resource capping attempt or risk death. A nearby guardsman squad was activated to steal the vacated strategic point.
The missionary has plenty of hitpoints to survive the attack, no casualty but losing income in a resource-scarce map can be crippling.

oljIhLp.jpg

pQkA9m2.jpg

A second squad of guardsman advances towards the central critical location, but was immediately attacked by a lone Canoness.

1EXGPc6.jpg

Not having back up however, is a serious mistake. The Psyker quickly casts Strip Soul, inflicting heavy wounds while the guardsmen trained their lasguns at this lone threat.

salopL1.jpg

MWNkeRn.jpg

Wisely the Canoness retreats but the Missionary stayed.

S4IPxnK.jpg

That was a fatal error. The guardsmen gunned him down in seconds.

PcS1tT0.jpg

Screaming vengeance, the Canoness returns once again with a squad of Battle Sisters.

UCgqYRW.jpg

Armed with flamers, these things will surely decimate guardsman squads in moments. The General ordered a full retreat.

qK4J8JP.jpg

CVloxgU.jpg

Wanting to exert more pressure on the map, the Sisters queued two more battle squads.

IiA8Plw.jpg

The Imperial Guards meanwhile spent their reserves on teching up to Tier 2.

X0yqjmR.jpg

I think the Sisters' decision is a good one, if they actually take control of the map. Instead they chose to press into the enemy base.

qm68ywb.jpg

In the open, the guardsmen stood no chance holding off flamer-equipped battle sisters, but this changes when the guardsmen gets into their base bunkers cucksheds...

W7tRXQu.jpg

The unique property of the Imperial Guard is that their building can be garrisoned, and the more units are garrisoned, more firepower is unlocked. For example, the first squad inside the Infantry Command fire their lasguns, the second mans the plasma gun, the third fires heavy bolters. That kind of firepower, on top of the building armor type that the Battle Sisters squad armaments are ill-suited to damage made it foolish to attempt a base onslaught so early in the game. At the same time, the Imperial Guard deployed a third squad and seize control of their northern strategic points safely.

pfDTAFR.jpg

The Sisters retreated and the guardsmen left their garrison to regroup and reinforce. No healing nor reinforcement will take place when the units are within the garrison.

Lf6BwXL.jpg

Only a short moment of respite later, the Sisters assaulted the northern points.

9C0gwKv.jpg

Quickly garrisoning the Listening Point with a single tech priest, the guardsmen respond to defend.

fHKt5On.jpg

35oFbEb.jpg

zT4VfGd.jpg

Phosphor grenade, a bane to squad morale was deployed.
In the middle of the carnage, the Psyker exploded after being set ablaze.

d6ZlnYi.jpg

But the General held his ground and fired a fatal round into the Canoness' chest as the Priest waved his chainsaw with righteous fury.

UHyvfUz.jpg

RvBf7cK.jpg

V24qVpv.jpg

Her Ladyship is down! Cried the battle sisters.

LVWmo0s.jpg

Things are about to get worse as the Guardsman completed their tech research.

c60YzXG.jpg

A full order to withdraw was issued by the General.
Even the machine gun upgrade to the listening point did not dissuade the sister to continue pouring reinforcements

bpF3vgx.jpg

Was it worth it?
Their base is still operating with low power income.

Wx05dUe.jpg

They're in no position to tech up with such low reserves.
After salvos of concentrated gunfire the upgrade Listening Post finally went down.

rABoxwP.jpg

But the Sister Commander knew it's far from over...

GFfykU9.jpg

After finally saving enough reserves, the Guardsman can finally call down a Mechanized Command.

xG5UKVG.jpg

Just in time as the Sister Squads begin to pour into the base.

ckF7ds7.jpg

Phosphor grenades and flames detonated over the battlefield. Shrieks of cries from panicked soldiers were silenced by a sudden blam of a Commissar's pistol.

DLvINaX.png

IrW8drv.jpg

fqBweZw.jpg

The line stood firm this time. The roar of a Chimera Assault Transport raised their spirits as the rotating lasgun turret guided by its Machine Spirit unloaded.

IUosrmQ.jpg

'I SHALL MELT THEM WITH MY MIND!!!' the Psyker called out an Arc of Lightning.

R4uGlE7.jpg

It is the Sisters' turn to panic.

pC1AP8d.jpg

Their bodies start to pile the slope. Retreat! cries the Sisters

3pTqM3z.jpg

jdMI8If.jpg

Last one to charge is an Eldar tranny! Charge!
The guardsman roared and shouted sexual abuses at the vanquished feminazis. The cucks are now in the driving seat and by the Emprah they're gonna grab the sisters by the pussy today.

xyfa0GK.jpg

But the Sisters' retreat is now covered by flame turrets within their base.
Wishing to avoid a slaughter, the General ordered a full halt and loaded up the men into Chimera Transports.

1v5FN6y.jpg

Inside, they link up with a Hellhound Flame-Tank and roared into the base from the southern ramp, almost bypassing the frontal defenses completely.

r10WREr.jpg

'Out of the transport and fire away!' cried the Commissar as he unloaded a round into a private's skull. That did the trick. Boots clanged on the metal ramp, everyone had their finger on the trigger. No way they're dying like that with pussy so close.

QIcvG4y.jpg

2v30s2r.jpg

Without Anti-Vehicle support, the sisters could do nothing. They perished in flames and gunfire.

tZySe3D.jpg

90nsVho.jpg

RLJd0CU.jpg

VFr895v.png
The taste of Victory.

BI0BkMK.jpg

hello friend mistake was not taking control of the map when he could've. Had he seized more resource and kept pace with power production, he would've been more competitive. It was a very resource-scarce map and Celestian Squad, the Sister's Tier 2 Anti-Vehicle infantry isn't that expensive to deploy.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron

Very messy game overall which highlights how bad it gets when Imperial Guard does not attack in early game.
If you sit back and let the opposition build up, their T1.5 army will dominate. Losing the map means less resource for you and more for your enemy.

I was surprised that Hello Friend even built 2 points outside my base.
But nightmare scenario averted when fast T2 pays off and Sisters failed to respond accordingly.
Celestian Anti-Vehicle Infantry is a strong option with Krak grenades instead he panicked and went Vehicles.
Sisters Vehicles are not bad - but against IG, the Celestians have them beat for cost-effectiveness.

1 Chimera and 2 Hellhounds were sufficient to push the sisters back. Imperial Guardsmen retakes the map and never let go of the driving seat afterward.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom