Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Abandonware/Old Games -- How to Access HoT Underdogs

LCJr.

Erudite
Has anyone mentioned Liberated Games yet? Site specializes in games and/or sourcecode released to public.

http://liberatedgames.com/

God damn is Master of Orion 2 hard to find. It's not on any torrent sites, nor is it in any of the computer stores around here. It's like god wants to prevent me from playing this game.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
I was sitting in the park yesterday, when suddenly, an old man came running up to me and threw a paper note at me and then ran off into the bushes. Confused, but intrigued, I opened the note and it read "Try #oldgames on EFnet." I never saw that man again, but now my life was truly changed.

Voltare

Liturgist
hotu's down? i'm gonna see if one of those guys is online.......will see what happened, and post back......

Camrin

Novice
NoisyKillerHPB said:
Can more of you guys recommend good adventures?

"Sanitarium" is a must. Wonderful atmosphere, very nice graphics, some great ideas for NPCs and very original (as for computer game) story. The game was at Underdogs once, don't know if it's still there.

QUESTION: Does anybody know about Realms of Arkania 3: Shadows Over Riva? I'm trying to trace it for ages, and only played demo. RoA1 and 2 are widely avaiable, but Shadows are impossible for me to obtain.

NoisyKillerHPB

Scholar
I have a quick Albion question, on how to find the gun after I put it into that compartment in the service area (on the ship at the start). I put it in and it says to pick it up on the other side, so I leave the place and the guards don't get it, so where the hell is the other side :0?

Camrin

Novice
I'm not sure about that, but from what I remember, the ship is supposed to crash very soon, and you're supposed to wake up (as the sole survivor) on the unknown planet, in someone else's bed, naked, *no weapons*, and the.. eh... cat on two legs and with boobs comes over to your bed and asks you, sort of "Can I possibly do something for you?"
On second thought, I don't remember well, maybe I was just, you know, imagining things.

sheek

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:
Well post them and the URLs and I'll copy them into the first post.

OK.

Action/shooters:

Starsiege: Tribes - multiplayer sci-fi 3D shoot-em-up
Death Illustrated - freeware black&white doom-clone
MDK - 3D action/shooter
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - 3D multi-player shoot-em-up
Marathon 1 - 3D sci-fi multi-player shooter (ancestor of 'Halo')
Alliegeance - 3D multi-player space flight/combat simulator
Grand Theft Auto 2 - 2D action/crime game
Tribes 2 - temporarily unavailable
Soldat - freeware multi-player side-scroller shoot-em-up (similar to Worms)
Cube - freeware 3D shooter
Flesh Feast - 3D 'top-down' real-time team-based zombie killing
KKrieger - 1st person 3D shooter using procedural generation
Nexuiz - freeware Quake-clone [ haven't got it to work, need good gfx card]
Scorched3D - remake of Scorched Earth

Action/adventure

Dark Earth - adventure/action-RPG in unconventional fantasy setting
Little Big Adventure 2 - isometric adventure/action/RPG (apparently)
Little Big Adventure 1
Monkey Island 1&2 - funny adventure game, you play a wannabe pirate
Darkseed - 1st person supernatural/horror adventure game

Roleplaying

TSR/AD&D Collections - old (often) 1st person/party-based RPGs
Realms of Arkania - old German series, team RPG, TB-combat, focus on micromanagement/travel/survival
System Shock 2 - RPG/FPS.

Strategy

UFO:Alien Invasion - one of the best XCOM remakes using the Quake2 engine.
Settlers 2 - city building/management
NetStorm - multiplayer real-time strategy game
Far Colony - open source management/strategy in space
Ghengis Khan Series - good war/empire-building game, nice officer/vassal/family system
Romance of the Three Kingdoms Series - similar, 1-6 available.

Racing/flight sim

Ignition! - simple 3D racing game, six races, six vehicles
Flight Unlimited 2 - flight sim
[also here
Stunt Island - old and ugly-looking but unique flight-sim: get paid to perform stunts and make your own movies
Flight Gear - good quality, open-source flight sim

[KC, quote this post and you'll be able to cut/paste the links directly.]

sick_boy

Novice
xx

Your forgetting Tyrian 2000. Possibly the best 2D aircraft game aside from Raiden
:wink:

postmansplat

Novice
I had a quick search and might have missed someone posting this, but ultima VII, VIII and both underworlds are now available on abandonia.

Edit - Removed link as on looking again, I'm not sure if abandonia has made a mistake as there appears to be nothing about these being made abandonware and they were copyright protected on there until a couple of weeks ago.

sheek

Arbiter
postmansplat said:
I had a quick search and might have missed someone posting this, but ultima VII, VIII and both underworlds are now available on abandonia.

Edit - Removed link as on looking again, I'm not sure if abandonia has made a mistake as there appears to be nothing about these being made abandonware and they were copyright protected on there until a couple of weeks ago.

Who cares?

Anybody interested Ultima VI-VIII, UU 1-2 and U: WoA 2 are still up (www.abandonia.com).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom