Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Abandonware/Old Games -- How to Access HoT Underdogs

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
That's a wonderful site, great link!
Yeah, it's pretty nice. Here's some stuff I would recommend from there, just random:
World of Warcraft (yes)-
Dun Modr, Shimmering Flats
Grandia-
Sandy Beach of Ganbo
FF8-
Blue Fields
FF7 Piano Collection-
Tifa's Theme

We should add 101 Airborne and Civil War Generals 2 to the turn-based strategy section.
Okay, there.

Jason

chasing a bee
That was my mistake. I thought the full version had been released for free. It's worth trying regardless.

Geez, people, get off my back.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Not know how to use dosbox?

Its easy.

Great a file in your main drive (usually c:) called oldgames.

Put a game in there like Blade of destiny. Name the root file blade.

Run dosbox, and tupe:

mount c: c:\oldgames

then it mounts

and you have a z:

type cd c:

then type blade

then type bladem and you are instantly playing the greatest rpg ever made by man for other men to play by themelves on the computer. You'll need to read the manual, so quit, read, or print, then redo the steps above.

Have fun being awesome!

Frau Bishop

Erudite
baby arm said:
That was my mistake. I thought the full version had been released for free. It's worth trying regardless. Geez, people, get off my back.
So it was your mistake. So what. But it's good to know it's not mine, I'll stop reading the faq there looking for my mistake right now. Moo. :cool:

Excrément

Arbiter
I got a problem : I download from abandonia.com Indianapolis 500 : The Simulation, I launch it with the dosbox or with xp and in both case, the game is very very slow.
is there someone here who know how to solve this problem?

obediah

Erudite
Excrément said:
I got a problem : I download from abandonia.com Indianapolis 500 : The Simulation, I launch it with the dosbox or with xp and in both case, the game is very very slow.

It looks like you got drunk again, and rather than search the dosbox docs, forums and google for your answer, you accidently posted an idiotic question in a roleplaying games forum.

Ladonna

Arcane
Wow, Dungeon Master....thats brings back memories.

Did anyone else stupidly do what the guy at the start asks you to and bring the staff back to the surface? :shock:

Excrément

Arbiter
obediah said:
Excrément said:

It looks like you got drunk again, and rather than search the dosbox docs, forums and google for your answer, you accidently posted an idiotic question in a roleplaying games forum.

I have some technical problems to launch a game we talk in this thread and I don't have the right to ask a question. who the fuck you are?
it doesn't mind you they are 10 pages thread about codexers who have technical problems with Gothic 3 but when, I, ask a litlle question, I am one more time a "moron".
that's quite a dictatorship in this forum, as soon as you criticize the "Gods" (VD, Saint, Twinfalls...), you got the condescension of the sheeps. buy some bowls "moron".

I am beginning to understand why there are so many alts for one IP address.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Hm, I forgot about that. I think I still have my old save somewhere... I got stuck right where I fought with the funny little guy in black robes. (Yes, I had the charged Firestaff and I killed the dragon.) Somehow I could never kill the guy, even using the staff's tricks like trapping him in energy fields etc... forgot that you could take the staff to the surface.

obediah

Erudite
Excrément said:
obediah said:
Excrément said:

I have some technical problems to launch a game we talk in this thread and I don't have the right to ask a question. who the fuck you are?
it doesn't mind you they are 10 pages thread about codexers who have technical problems with Gothic 3 but when, I, ask a litlle question, I am one more time a "moron".
that's quite a dictatorship in this forum, as soon as you criticize the "Gods" (VD, Saint, Twinfalls...), you got the condescension of the sheeps. buy some bowls "moron".

I am beginning to understand why there are so many alts for one IP address.

Oh, I'm so sorry for not handing you dosbox technical support on a silver platter, especially something that is easy to find the answer for (the first google hit for 'dosbox slow' answers it).

The codex "gods" as you call them have nothing to do with this. I just hate lazy fucks that go off and ask trivial questions before taking a minute to look them up. There are tons of people on the web considerate enough to share their knowledge with others - and the fucking scabs that gobble it up should be considerate enough to take a few moments to make sure the question hasn't been asked and answered dozens (or in this case thousands) of times before.

Ladonna

Arcane
Elwro: I managed to capture the badguy, more from frustrated luck than any plan. Just spammed those force cage thingies and managed to flux him (I think thats what its called). Died about 20 thousand times.

i won't spoil what happens when you get to the surface. Just don't change your save game eh? :wink: leave it where it is and take that endless staircase thing to the surface.

Edit: Found this (But don't remember needing to throw it through a door :shock: )

"Right after combining the Firestaff and the Power Gem on level 13, do not walk with it through the door. Rather throw the Firestaff through the door, take it back and go back to the entrance of the dungeon on level 00. The door will open and you will see the alternate ending."

I could have sworn I didn't put the gem on the staff when I went topsides. Maybe theres another ending....

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Hm, the bit about throwing the staff through the door is interesting. Heh, such an old game... and it still holds some secrets. Thanks for bringing back some fond gaming memories! :D
(Maybe I won't try it now, not to break the spell...)

sheek

Arbiter

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Nobody suggested them to me. Thanks for Xeen, btw. I think this is the first RPG I ever played. I was really young; I remember that I could lay down on the top of the back of a recliner. My mom played it for a while. I think I still have the strategy guide, too....

edit-
WorldOfXeen7.png

I SO remember this.

Added them, btw.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom