Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim.

Will you buy skyrim when it comes out?

• Yeah, I do like their games for what they are.

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No, fuck Pete and Todd!

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No, I'm waiting for Dragon Age 3.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FUCK YOU SONY! PSN IS DOWN! (kc)

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Maybe not a day one buy, but you are going to buy it.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I loved Arena and after that I couldn't wait for Daggerfall. Man, was that game an ambitious but flawed gem. Got Morrowind the moment it came out and was, well, disappointed. Very disappointed. Watched a roommate play Oblivion and decided not even to bother. Tried it recently with what others had deemed the must have mods. It was still utter crap. If Skyrim is good, sure I'll get it. After the last two Elder Scrolls games however, I really don't think it will be.

Melissan

Educated
Trash said:
I loved Arena and after that I couldn't wait for Daggerfall. Man, was that game an ambitious but flawed gem. Got Morrowind the moment it came out and was, well, disappointed. Very disappointed. Watched a roommate play Oblivion and decided not even to bother. Tried it recently with what others had deemed the must have mods. It was still utter crap. If Skyrim is good, sure I'll get it. After the last two Elder Scrolls games however, I really don't think it will be.
My experience was very different. I started with Morrowind and it just consumed my life. I think I played it for more than a year, exploring and always discovering something new. I couldn't wait for Oblivion, but the gameworld was smaller and I was a bit disappointed. Still, not a bad game though. I downloaded Daggerfall but it didn't run on my computer, although judging by the videos I didn't miss much.

JrK

Prophet
Going to check if it is good judging by the reactions on the prestigious RPGCodex magazine, friends and perhaps a non-inventorious release.

If this game requires more pylons I'm not going to buy it. And even then, I decided not to buy anymore games for 50€ unless they are big in content.

MMXI

Arcane
Melissan said:
I downloaded Daggerfall but it didn't run on my computer, although judging by the videos I didn't miss much.
morrigan3.png

Troll harder next time.

Melissan

Educated
What's with everyone and trolling? Here is the official trailer. You tell me if it looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_MY0ihuJZc

It's an exploration game for Christ's sakes. Do you really want to explore a gameworld that looks like this? Does everyone on this site? There must be something wrong with you guys then.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I wouldnt buy it even if it was very very cheap. Any amount of money spent on this shit is wasted. On principle.

But I dont think I am even going to try playing it. Hated Ob..... and unless Codex gives it stellar reviews its not for me.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
As one of the few people smart enough to just avoid oblivion and fallout 3 instead of downloading it for bitching rights, I can safely say "I won't touch skyrim" and mean it.

Ermm

Erudite
Melissan said:
It's an exploration game for Christ's sakes. Do you really want to explore a gameworld that looks like this? Does everyone on this site? There must be something wrong with you guys then.
I dont, because I dont like Elder Scrolls games at all.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Melissan said:
What's with everyone and trolling? Here is the official trailer. You tell me if it looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_MY0ihuJZc

The graphics are not even the issue. The fact that it's one giant copy-pasted piece of shit is. All the TES games are copy-paste to an extent, but Daggerfall is the worst at it by leaps and bounds.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And I will definitely buy Skyrim. Bethesda is the only company that still makes actual RPGs AND have not been tainted by Avellone's faggotry.

MMXI

Arcane
Mastermind said:
And I will definitely buy Skyrim. Bethesda is the only company that still makes actual RPGs AND have not been tainted by Avellone's faggotry.
There's nothing RPG about swinging your sword around in real-time in a first person perspective.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
"buy". :lol:

I'll probably download it , play for 2 hours and get horribly bored like with all others TES games.

:retarded:

EDIT: damn

That said, if it managed to reach the quality of Morrowind I would buy. Most pre release evidence points towards it being closer to oblivion, possibly even lower if the added DERP dragons and DERP perks turn out to be shit that doesn't work well

Melissan said:
My experience was very different. I started with Morrowind and it just consumed my life. I think I played it for more than a year, exploring and always discovering something new. I couldn't wait for Oblivion, but the gameworld was smaller and I was a bit disappointed.

This says it for me.

Anyway, I've said before I'll try it. If I find enough things that annoy me I'll simply put it to the side for a few months and then come back and see what fixes/mods people have come up with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom