Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim.

Will you buy skyrim when it comes out?

• Yeah, I do like their games for what they are.

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No, fuck Pete and Todd!

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No, I'm waiting for Dragon Age 3.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FUCK YOU SONY! PSN IS DOWN! (kc)

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

dextermorgan

Arcane
Kaanyrvhok said:
This_thread

{
Melisan makes reasonable argument as to why Oblivion isnt a piece of shit

codex translates argument as "doya doya doya"... *snip*

Not quite. More like:

• - Mel divulges an ill-informed opinion and tries to argue said opinion is fact
    - Codex does the usual 'Sup Drog/eat shit n00b routine
    - Mel pulls a gender card hoping for a free pass
    - Codex is unimpressed and starts gender trolling
    - Mel is shocked that she's not receiving special treatment on account of possessing a vagina and goes ballistic at the one person who was actually trying to engage her in a meaningful conversation
    - People who were previously indifferent come to the conclusion she should be the next in line for a Dumbfuck! tag
At least that's how I see it.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
dextermorgan said:
Kaanyrvhok said:
This_thread

{
Melisan makes reasonable argument as to why Oblivion isnt a piece of shit

codex translates argument as "doya doya doya"... *snip*

Not quite. More like:

• - Mel divulges an ill-informed opinion and tries to argue said opinion is fact
    - Codex does the usual 'Sup Drog/eat shit n00b routine
    - Mel pulls a gender card hoping for a free pass
    - Codex is unimpressed and starts gender trolling
    - Mel is shocked that she's not receiving special treatment on account of possessing a vagina and goes ballistic at the one person who was actually trying to engage her in a meaningful conversation
    - People who were previously indifferent come to the conclusion she should be the next in line for a Dumbfuck! tag
At least that's how I see it.
Women, eh?

JarlFrank said:
Hey, look at Black Cat, she's a girl too and most people here respect her opinions and she has a pretty good taste in dungeon crawlers. Also she doesn't go all YOU JUST RIDICULE ME BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A DICK whenever someone disagrees with her/insults her.

So you think you can judge her taste in dungeon crawlers?

:hmmm:

DraQ

Arcane
[img:gyn3qedz]http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/images/avatars/gallery/fallout/v13girl.gif[/img] said:
Admiral jimbob said:
I'm at a pretty fragile point at the moment - exam leave coming to crunch time, yearly bout of crippling depression reaching its peak - so a couple of comments managed to hit home...
They hit home because deep down inside you always knew that you are a chauvinist pig and despised yourself for it.

Hmm.... Could it be that when you were lashing at me you were actually lashing at yourself? Oh well, let's leave the past where it belongs. I forgive you, Admiral. Rise. You are a pig no longer.

... she decided I was a weak target and a good opportunity to attempt to break someone.
Your girlfriend sounds like quite a catch.

But I sat back, had a beer, gathered my sense of perspective and shared the thread with my girlfriend, who laughed ...
She laughed at you. God, you men are so pathetic.

But the next time we go out together, I unthinkingly compliment her...
Do you do that often? Doing something unthinkingly? Not a healthy habit, Jim.

... about something and we discuss our plans for forming a law partnership in the future, will that little voice in the back of my head pipe up? Will that little voice say to me... "how dare you? What gives you the right to associate your man-o-centric maleocracy rules with the complexities of the female mind?"
So you did learning something after all? Good boy. And they say that man isn't a learning animal...

Fortunately, my newfound philosophy of fighting hate with love will kick in, the little voice of the crazy internet person will be drowned out and I will continue being nice to people I like.

:thumbsup:

Edit: I think I need a new avatar...

inglip.png

VD is a tranny!

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Alexandros said:
This is just the Codex's way of sniffing out trolls
Yeah, and I'd say it's been fantastically successful so far. Just compare your reaction when people disagreed with you (ie, measured responses, "fair enough" when I made a good point, followed by you making a good point that I hadn't though of) to Melissan's (YOU MALE CHAUVINISTIC PIG when no one had brought up gender and most of us didn't even think she was a woman). Anyway someone somewhere quoted her as "Melissa" which immediately reminded me of Elisa, so I'd like to dedicate this song to Melissan's and Drago's happy wedding.

DraQ said:
It depends. What do you think about prosperity?
Yours? Mine? The doctor at the nearest asylum?

Melissan said:
It sounds simple to you because you're male. No offense.
Sorry, but no, not gonna fly. My boss is a woman. She's fantastic. She's one of the most intelligent people I've ever met, definitely the most intelligent boss I've had, a true pleasure to work for, incredibly driven, and she will always get what she wants. Completely legally and completely ethically, without ever taking advantage of anyone. Because she's that good. She also had to make a name for herself in male-dominated science in the 50's and 60's when sexism wasn't just commonplace but taken for granted. Didn't stop her from achieving greatness. Didn't even slow her down. You, on the other hand, are just being retarded and using your gender to cover for it.

Now go on, call me sexist. Just try it :smug:

You want to dismiss me as some stupid woman as countless men have done before you.
We're just dismissing you as stupid, actually. Though I must admit that the extent to which you get riled up about the whole woman thing makes it extremely tempting to use it. Not because I care, really, but because I know a big berserk button when I see it, and I love pushing big berserk buttons. One of my character flaws.

In other words, stop tempting us.

Stopping the over-generalizations would be good too, but TBH that would require you to be genuine and not a troll. Since that's been pretty much resolved as far as I'm concerned, I won't hold my breath. Go on, prove me wrong.

Oh fuck, I just noticed I'm still on page 10 and the thread is now on 14. Anyway, I'm going to keep all the above, because I spent the time writing it.

Raapys said:
So Melissan was the first one to bring up gender? *the plot thickens*
Erm, duh. It's not as if we could've known she was a woman before that. This is the internet you know. To quote DU, "where men are men. Women are also men. And the children are the police."
(yes, totally taken out of context, but funny regardless)

Crooked Bee said:
You definitely shouldn't leave, Melis-san. You're pretty cool.

For an alt, that is. :P
YOU ARE SUCH A HORRIBLE PERSON BEE. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE A WOMAN WITH NO PENIS ON A FORUM FULL OF MALE CHAUVINISTIC PIGS WHO HAVE NO RESPECT FOR YOUR OPINIONS AN-

Oh.

Admiral jimbob said:
I will continue being nice to people I like.
As long as you also continue to be nice to the people who like you, I'm a happy chap :love:

Now stop wasting time and go do your exam ;)

JarlFrank said:
Hey, look at Black Cat, she's a girl too and most people here respect her opinions and she has a pretty good taste in dungeon crawlers.
And she makes some fucking AWESOME LP's. The Legacy and the Horrorsoft ones were among my favorites evar :love: :love: :love:

DragoFireheart said:
My topics always seem to be a giant magnet for trolls. Coincidence?
Birds of a feather and all that :smug:
Fake edit: GOD DAMN IT DRAQ I HATE YOU :x :x :x

Commissar Draco said:
To venture on dangerus and trecherus Codexian ground without stealth reckon for atleast few weaks is either stupid or brave
Weeks? WEEKS? I stealth reckoned for SEVEN FUCKING YEARS before joining.

Then again I'm not a woman :smug:

Awaiting accusations of sexism :smug: :smug: :smug:

Kaanyrvhok said:
Half this thread is about gender. Thats what makes it so damn entertaining but call it for what it is.
Learn to read. First, by rereading actually reading the thread. Second, by reading dextermorgan's much more accurate summary. Third, realize that the first person to actually bring gender into the thread was Mellisan herself. Nothing more needs to be said, really.

MMXI

Arcane
Data4 said:

Did VD just troll us hard?
I think so. So if VD = Melissan and Melissan = Drog then does that mean... VD = Drog?

:hmmm:

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
First things first : I'm a huge daggerfall enthusiast but I won't touch Skyrim with a 10 ft pole. Now, my take on this very gender issue thread :

Melissan posts a link to Daggerfall trailer and takes a cheap shot at one of my favourite games
Melissan said:
Do you really want to explore a gameworld that looks like this? Does everyone on this site? There must be something wrong with you guys then.
:(

The Codex immediately rolls its favourite attack of opportunity : graphic whore !

Up until that point, it's just another day on the Codex. But then, a challenger appears :

Admiral jimbob said:
"There must be something wrong with you people"

hm
yes

I don't feel particularly inclined to be nice after trying to and having it thrown back in my face, so no, I'm afraid I will not follow you around grovelling and apologising for my vile male sins

The butthurt seems unusually strong in this one since, contrary to what thread revisionists say a few pages later, he is the one to actually bring up the dreaded gender issue. So Melissan answers :
Melissan said:
It was a light hearted statement. I think it should be obvious to you and everyone else that I'm a nice person who doesn't get off on making fun of others, but if you don't want to be nice to me, fine, don't be. I'm not asking you to grovel, just admiting that there was nothing wrong with what I said about Skyrim, but if admiting that you're wrong is too much for your male ego, then don't.

And gets :
Admiral jimbob said:
How can I admit I am wrong when we are all evil men being evil and oppressing you just because you are a woman??? God I wish all men would just kill themselves why do you hate me because I am a woman

This very William Wallace like cry for MALE FREEDOM !

Honestly, who's the pussy ?

And then this :
Admiral jimbob said:
I'm at a pretty fragile point at the moment - exam leave coming to crunch time, yearly bout of crippling depression reaching its peak - so a couple of comments managed to hit home and, I'll admit, had a fair effect on me - it's clear that that's why they came, that she decided I was a weak target and a good opportunity to attempt to break someone.
Emo much ? And yes of course she's the devious scheming devil who immediately spotted the weakness in your titanium bones armor and went for the kill. How else could she hope to overcome such a strong opponent ?

Sincerely yours,

The white knight.
white_knight.jpg

dextermorgan

Arcane
Lonely Vazdru said:
The butthurt seems unusually strong in this one since, contrary to what thread revisionists say a few pages later, he is the one to actually bring up the dreaded gender issue.

*cough*bullshit*cough*

Melissan said:
Crispy said:
Oh, shut the fuck up. Go away if you can't handle the Codex.
Oh I bet you feel real good telling a woman to shut the fuck up. So manly.
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:11 pm

Which is a lot earlier than JimBob's post (Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:30 pm). Check out her antics in that thread and come back and explain to us all who started the bullshit.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
dextermorgan said:
Lonely Vazdru said:
The butthurt seems unusually strong in this one since, contrary to what thread revisionists say a few pages later, he is the one to actually bring up the dreaded gender issue.

*cough*bullshit*cough*
That's another thread. Great. The plot thickens. I won't read through 9 more pages of bullsit but a casual glance shows that she was called a "token female" first.

Jaz

Educated
I should have known that half of those threadpages are totally not about buying skyrim.

Skyrim will be based on vikings. What's more viking than asserting your male dominance through the phallus?

Therefore, we can conclude that most codexers will be buying Skyrim, as it wiil allow them to live out their fantasies.

You know a rape mod is coming out 1 week after release, anyway

dextermorgan

Arcane
Lonely Vazdru said:
...I won't read through 9 more pages of bullsit...

If you did you'd end up breaking your sword upon your knee, denouncing knighthood for all time and living out the rest of your days as an ascetic hermit.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Then I'd better not. I'm already enough of an ascetic hermit as it is and my knees are not what they used to be. :lol:
I'll give it a try tomorrow after a good (k)night sleep when I get my priest spells back.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Guise! Guise!

Where's the proof that Meli is actually a woman? Maybe I've missed some pics in GD? :M

Or is it yet another "make-believe" larping on codex part? :smug:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
DraQ said:
DragoFireheart said:
My topics always seem to be a giant magnet for trolls. Coincidence?
Birds of a feather...
:smug:

I'll take that as a compliment then. Better a troll among many instead of a fool with nobody.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
DraQ posting reminded me about certain scene from Zeno Clash.

A man was banging his head into tree. A girl asked the main character: "Why is he doing that."
The answer was correct and completely brutal. "He does that because that's what he is."

Re Admiral jimbob :
Sweptbythewind.jpg

Admit it, you can't have bigger cannon than she has.

It looks like Melissan isn't ready to have mental collapse either. (Was she office lady that discovered there is a world outside, or was it hormonal? Growing up women are occasionally going up and down on theirs hormonal levels... Males are just retarded during that stage.)

Skyrim is supposed to be released at 11.11.11. It's still few months, but posters codex are acting like brawling dogs. Is it caused by a fear? They are feeling it can be worse than Arcania:GT. And when Skyrim would fail spectacularly, so will theirs last hope for a RPG with a large world. Perhaps they would turn Skyrim into corridor shooter...

I kinda wonder if they can create something at least as artistic as the image above. So far they shown they are able to make only something as simple as a simple game with few targets (bosses) and incredibly weak plot. I wonder what's worse. Oblivion plot, or Bioware like story.

Data4

Arcane
Guys... you haven't figured out Melissan is VD? I am disappoint.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom