Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim.

Will you buy skyrim when it comes out?

• Yeah, I do like their games for what they are.

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No, fuck Pete and Todd!

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No, I'm waiting for Dragon Age 3.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FUCK YOU SONY! PSN IS DOWN! (kc)

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
My eyes are bleeding...

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
jiujitsu said:
This thread is far longer than it ever should have been. Let's see if this works:

END OF LINE. :salute:

This thread can't be stopped.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
DraQ said:
Do you want me to post something that will wash that sight away?
No need, Jimbob beat you to it.

And now Raghar. Sigh.

It is now clear that all of my Codexian friends* hate me. Poor me.

Was armoured skaarj that much better? :(
Oh the skaarj was different. Remember, on the pic you posted he had that... sad, sad expression. One that fills your heart with pity. He knows of the glorious history of his race, and is aware of how the mighty have fallen, and yet there is nothing he can do but throw himself against the weapons of the player, who won't even notice because he's too busy laughing at the abomination that the series has become.

Truly worthy of a greek tragedy.

I derive certain kind of pride out of the fact that I managed to get some people here to click image links in Deus Ex thread referencing Arcania despite I clearly labelled them "Acrania".
I was much more amazed by the fact you managed to troll SCO and NOT get added to his ignore list.

Although, checking said ignore list, it being at maximum capacity may have something to do with it.

ENOUGH. ENOUGH WITH THE LAME PROSPER JOKES. ENOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

(I'm not a very good person, probably. :( )
And knowing is half the battle :smug:
(we love you anyway; see previous post)

Xor said:
This thread can't be stopped.
My only regret is that this and the PST threads (was that the other Melissan one, or am I getting mixed up again?) are separate. Combined together they form an awesome whole.

* Except one. You know who you are :bro:

Multi-headed Cow

Maybe it's due to all the potions your average fantasy RPG hero drinks during an adventure. Having a pissbag might be less irritating than pissing yourself constantly.

Multi-headed Cow said:
Maybe it's due to all the potions your average fantasy RPG hero drinks during an adventure. Having a pissbag might be less irritating than pissing yourself constantly.

That or elven maiden's urine is an alchemy component, and this makes it easier to collect the much needed substance.

It's Cyrodilic Brandy's secret ingredient

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Black said:
Melissan said:
i suck cocks

Shut the hell up, fat bitch. Make yourself useful and go make so sandwiches and do the laundry. It's not like you're good for anything else.
If I could reach through my monitor, wrench your jaws open with my bare hands, then force a gallon of bleach down your fucking ignorant throat, I would :)

Certainly an astounding amount of frustration seems to be coming out of these poor little damaged boys. Me likey.

Black

Arcane
You have no idea, Trashy-kun. Nothing more infuriating than gay homo faggot furries demanding everyone notices and respects their differences.

CorpseZeb

Learned
... and back on the topic...

I will buy Skyrim (stupid name anyway...) not because it will be good rpg (obviously not be), but because Oblivion and Skyrim are not a games per se, but more a mere skull, a shell, a bucket, a jar where I can piss my imagination and my freewill into. Unlike some real rpg, where They piss strong flow of story and combat formulas into my skull, my shell, my... erm... ego bucket...

To Melisa: if we start validate our arguments in discussion by sex not by brain then well... welcome on the moon made of cheese...

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
DraQ said:

:smug:

Unicorn? What Unicorn? What is this Unicorn you speak of?

DraQ

Arcane
CorpseZeb said:
... and back on the topic...

I will buy Skyrim (stupid name anyway...) not because it will be good rpg (obviously not be), but because Oblivion and Skyrim are not a games per se, but more a mere skull, a shell, a bucket, a jar where I can piss my imagination and my freewill into. Unlike some real rpg, where They piss strong flow of story and combat formulas into my skull, my shell, my... erm... ego bucket...
Get some paper and a pencil, and stop declining RPGs, you faggot.
:x

DragoFireheart said:
DraQ said:

Unicorn? What Unicorn? What is this Unicorn you speak of?
You don't even know what you don't know.

CorpseZeb

Learned
DraQ:

Frankly, I never been too much into proper pen and paper games, they all required too much boring interaction with another boring human beings. So... bleee....

But... I see your point... never buy DA2... or Arcania... ;)

DraQ

Arcane
CorpseZeb said:
DraQ:

Frankly, I never been too much into proper pen and paper games, they all required too much boring interaction with another boring human beings.

There are many other things you can do with paper and pen/pencil if you just want to dump your imagination. They usually not involve other humans and as such are inoffensive to an assburger psyche. You can use computer for creative activities too.

And if you really want to play some open RPG, get Morrowind or Daggerfall - they are perfect, um containers, in addition to being pretty cool RPGs.

CorpseZeb

Learned
DraQ said:
There are many other things you can do with paper and pen/pencil if you just want to dump your imagination. They usually not involve other humans and as such are inoffensive to an assburger psyche. You can use computer for creative activities too.

And if you really want to play some open RPG, get Morrowind or Daggerfall - they are perfect, um containers, in addition to being pretty cool RPGs.

Right so sir, but I was always too lazy to do all those “paper” activities like toss dice, undress girls and so on... still maybe its great fun I suppose. My first “real” RPG was Wizardy 6 (played on Amiga 500 with one floppy...) and after that Eye of Beholder and Pool of Radiance and my first PC title was M&M6 to say some about my game “imprinting”...

Morrowind of course played to death. And love it. Daggerfall too, but I'm not too much into real BSDM-crazy-dungeon-stuff there (and still never finished). And Oblivion, yes... its not a game, not a rpg game – that for sure - its more just a shell (a skull, a bucket, a codpiece... oh... sorry...) to self-contain with self-pleasure – like Skyrim – I guess (and unlike DA2 where you “must to-do very awesome things with your button”). And if, Skyrim will be modable like Oblivion (where you can have non-scaleable world via mod), then maybe...maybe there is some pink colour of naïve hope of pleasure game... after all.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
CorpseZeb said:
And if, Skyrim will be modable like Oblivion (where you can have non-scaleable world via mod), then maybe...maybe there is some pink colour of naïve hope of pleasure game... after all.

No amount of modding can fix shitty game design. Just FYI.

CorpseZeb

Learned
Jaesun said:
No amount of modding can fix shitty game design. Just FYI.

Gothic 3/Forsaken Gods - Community Patch? From non-playable to playable.
Or Vampire Bloodlines? Dunno, maybe it depends of how much "shit is in the shit" - so to speak.

Ok, that was not about broken design games but just buggy games. But we know already that Skyrim will be broken, will be Oblivionsque like design - e.g you can be Jack of All Trades (which I really hate!) - because - its fun - and games are for fun, right? (fuck no!).

Ok2, I know... it will be consolite shit. Still... I will buy it.

CorpseZeb

Learned
Clockwork Knight said:
wat

Is that how aspies say "Action RPG"?

Ouch... Hm... No-no-no! Action-without-rpg - that better. Or even action-without-any-action - just Me and... Me - if that makes any sense... ;)

Ps. Oblivion and Action... really?! Where...?!

Action rpg = Hackan Slashan + Rpg elements (levels, skills, autism).

Are you telling me Oblivion does not have hackan slashan, CorpeZeb?

bates_echo_copyright.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom