Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim.

Will you buy skyrim when it comes out?

• Yeah, I do like their games for what they are.

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No, fuck Pete and Todd!

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No, I'm waiting for Dragon Age 3.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FUCK YOU SONY! PSN IS DOWN! (kc)

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
GarfunkeL said:
Also, is this the semi-notorious Melissan thread or do I have to keep digging? On which page is the DRAMA?

I think the DRAMA starts around page 10 but don't hold me to that number. And yes, this is the Melissan thread. Welcome, enjoy your stay, and wipe your feet. :D.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
GarfunkeL said:
Also, is this the semi-notorious Melissan thread or do I have to keep digging? On which page is the DRAMA?
There were two threads. You need to look into them simultaneously to get proper context.

I got an alert for an old post. Let's take a peek into the past...

I'm gonna play it, and probably enjoy it.

Then I'll play something else, and probably enjoy it.

Then I'll browse the Codex in 2015, see people still raging about it, and definitely enjoy it.

just as predicted.

Also:

Yet behind the façade you'd be crying into your porridge, wishing you had a sophisticated taste in games so that you could join in with the rest of us.

There's always the Bethesda board for you. Take a hint.

:smug:

Apexeon

Arcane
I have only played and completed "Arena" the elder scrolls when I was 13.

Pretty much everything after the first has been a downgrade so I won't play them.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I got an alert for an old post. Let's take a peek into the past...

I'm gonna play it, and probably enjoy it.

Then I'll play something else, and probably enjoy it.

Then I'll browse the Codex in 2015, see people still raging about it, and definitely enjoy it.

just as predicted.

Also:

Yet behind the façade you'd be crying into your porridge, wishing you had a sophisticated taste in games so that you could join in with the rest of us.

There's always the Bethesda board for you. Take a hint.

:smug:

You forgot the obligatory:

:necro:

Same with the posters who joined after 2010 (mostly).

t4yFkyv.png

Close call.

Luzur

Good Sir
Eh, probably to complete the collection, but i will pirate it at launch and get it CIB (if available) from some salesbin for like 20 SEK instead later.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I did buy it day 1 however 35 hours in I got bored. Very bored. That's probably as best as they are gonna get as nothing in the game has any originality or lasting appeal, just some well designed dungeons and landscapes with typical Tolkien-esque characters and Chosen One plot archs.

I'll always remember this one part in Bloodborne where Master Willem is sitting in his rocking chair on the balcony outside Byrgenwerth. When you approach him and press 'x' he does nothing but lift his finger and point at the lake where Rom is located. That's it, perhaps the most crucial wellspring character surrounding the events in Bloodborne does nothing but point. "That" is where my creation is, "That" is where you need to go next, "That" is where you're going to kill the one thing that's blanketing the world from the nightmare as I sit here in despair. So many thoughts can be conjured up just by this little occurrence and the ensuing battle and that alone is 10x more valuable than anything in fucking Skyrim.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom