Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Fallout 4.

Select one once you've come to peace with the truth

• Day 1 pip-boy edition preorder

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • Collector's edition

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Fine I admit you're right but just the regular edition

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Grudgingly buy it after release

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • Borrow from swedish unlicensed maritime tax collectors

Votes: 73 19.7%
  • I WON'T DO IT I TELL YOU!!!/in denial/kingcomrade

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • OP is a faggot

Votes: 197 53.1%

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Everyone will upgrade for FO4, even if it plunges them into debt. The hype is fast approaching critical levels.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
After trying the iso demo...maybe.
Maybe they learned something from New Vegas and try to surprise us? We shall see after I yarr yarr it and only then i shall decide if :takemyjewgold: or :keepmyjewgold:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Unless I've missed something, they barely even acknowledge that NV ever existed. It's very much a black sheep to them.

They did acknowledged it for a brief moment, only when they gave Obsidian the boot for missing the mark on metacritic:lol:

Poor fuckers:negative:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I have pre-ordered it. (For a mega low price - 20 euro)

Do I expect it to be great? Nah, not really. But I need to play it, in order to critisize it

Am I intrigued to see if it actually has any redeeming qualities in it or just total shit? Sure

Why give bethesda money? I am rich, so I gotta throw some random money away at some stuff.. I don't give a fuck

Killing shit in VATS is a good timekiller when you're bored and need to remember how much Beth shat all over the Fallout franchise.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I have pre-ordered it. (For a mega low price - 20 euro)

Do I expect it to be great? Nah, not really. But I need to play it, in order to critisize it

Am I intrigued to see if it actually has any redeeming qualities in it or just total shit? Sure

Why give bethesda money? I am rich, so I gotta throw some random money away at some stuff.. I don't give a fuck

Killing shit in VATS is a good timekiller when you're bored and need to remember how much Beth shat all over the Fallout franchise.

11975.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
What's the problem? You don't have to use VATS at all if you don't want to.

raesha

Educated
Eventually, most likely. Depends on what the modding community comes up with. Picked up Skyrim for around 10 bucks with all DLC, and installed mods like Requiem after a while, and had it turn into an actual worthwhile game.

Shevek

Arcane
Lol, no. If Bethesda get OE to make something respectable out of their shit game, then I might try that.

butchy

Prospernaut
I will buy the GOTY edition or Directors Cut or whatever the version with all the DLC will be called in a couple years on sale for less than $10. That's what I do with console games.

Tytus

Arcane
I'm so traumatized by playing Fallout 3 that I didn't even play Fallout New Vegas. Every time I want to, I start to remember my time with 3 and just give up. I have the similar feeling towards 4. So unless I find the strength to play NV. I'm not going to play another Bethesda Turd. The last one exploded with methane, worms and still liquid shit in my face.

Last edited:

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm so traumatized by playing Fallout 3 that I didn't even play Fallout New Vegas. Every time I want to, I start to remember my time with 3 and just give up. I have the similar feeling towards 4. So unless I find the strength to play NV. I'm not going to play another Bethesda Turd. The last one exploded with methane, worms and still liquid shit in my face.

You're missing out. FNV isn't anything groundbreaking, but it's a good game (much better than F3). The DLC is where it's at tho. The Dead Money DLC is very true to what Fallout should be, and OWB is very reminiscent of hopelessness/ campy humor of Fallout 2. The game is worth it just to play those two DLC's.

Alfons

Prophet
The Dead Money DLC is very true to what Fallout should be, and OWB is very reminiscent of hopelessness/ campy humor of Fallout 2. The game is worth it just to play those two DLC's.
Fallout should be a pseudo zombie survival horror game? The story in Dead Money is good but the gameplay is a slog.

pippin

Also if you like the story and characters, you should know Dead Money, Old World Blues and Lonesome Road all reference each other, and conform a new story within the game. You should play it in that order if you care about that. Honest Hearts has some vague references, but not as much, although it has Joshua Graham, one of the best characters of all NV.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom