Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Admit it: You are going to buy Fallout 4.

Select one once you've come to peace with the truth

• Day 1 pip-boy edition preorder

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • Collector's edition

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Fine I admit you're right but just the regular edition

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Grudgingly buy it after release

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • Borrow from swedish unlicensed maritime tax collectors

Votes: 73 19.7%
  • I WON'T DO IT I TELL YOU!!!/in denial/kingcomrade

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • OP is a faggot

Votes: 197 53.1%

• Total voters

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
OK, I confess.

At first I thought I'd be able to resist this game. Even though I was enthralled by its gorgeous, captivating visuals powered by bleeding-edge tech absolutely not compromised by the limitations of console hardware. Even though its deep and innovative dialogue system and Pulitzer-class writing really spoke to me. After all can you recall any other RPG that would allow your charcter to expres their aversion to newspapers? Everything about this game - from the removal of skills to the return of VATS - sounded so exciting that I literally had to take a cold shower every time I heard a bit of Fallout 4 news.

But now that I've learned about its inimitable, magnificent story I just can't suppress the urge anymore...

Don't weep for me, bros, for I'm heading for the promised land. I was blind but now I see: Todd is my messiah and this game is his greatest miracle. So I'm gonna log in to Steam, pre-order and play it seven times!

Fairfax

Arcane
Fallout 3 Metascores: 93 (Xbox 360), 91 (PC), 90 (PS3).
I've seen a bunch of bethestards on neogaf and reddit complain about graphics, animation and even mocking the dialog choices. The press also seems more concerned with embarrassing themselves recently. They're still giving 85 and 90s like candy, but I see games like Halo 5, which seems to be universally considered better than its predecessor, with an 85 metascore and I'm beginning to suspect Fallout 4 will score below FO3.

At first, I told a friend the game would get a 95 average regardless of its flaws, but he said "no way it's going to be higher than The Witcher 3", and come to think of it, perhaps he's right. TW3 has a Metascore of 93 (PC), 92 (PS4), 91 (X1).
In an ideal world, it'd get a lower average than FNV, but that's more of a pipe dream. I do think there's a chance it could do worse than FO3, and that would be glorious already.

What do you think?

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Heh. I'm just bored. Secretly hoped for something more spectacular, like ME3 or at least Watch Dogs. But Bethesda is too cautious and too predictable so it's more like SCL - a regular, lifeless cash grab (with a huge marketing budget of course but sales will cover it). Even those spoiler threads on Steam forums felt kind of meh. You can't troll Bethboys with spoilers - they don't care about endings. They'd be a lot more butthurt about paid mods but of course that didn't happen.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
ALL of the specifically picked review sites that Metacritic uses will give this at minimum 90. That's their job. Not actual Journalism (they don't use any such sites for their scores). lol

Funny, when I came back here and reactivated my account (about a month ago) I was 1) joining in for the humorous Bethesda bashing (I'm no fan) and 2) 100% certain F4 would be a day one download. I knew it was going to have a nonsensical core plot, but I figured the sandbox would be a nice place to kill an hour or two.

Fast forward to today, and I'm in no way anticipating this game anymore. I put my money on an Elektron Octatrack and a few new table top games. Fuck this trash, seriously. If I need to wander around a fantasy landscape, I'll just keep playing Witcher 3. At least that game doesn't entirely insult my intelligence.

I'll play it, for sure, but I'm in zero rush. If Obsidian gets another shot, I'll likely play that and skip 4.

Fairfax

Arcane
Speaking of Obsidian, aren't they finsihed with this stupid Tank MMO? Have they the man-power available for a Vegas 2? Was Ferg serious about never making a AAA game again?
Entered open beta last month. Still a long way to go until they're no longer working on it.

Disgruntled

Savant
Boycotted Skyrim even when people were saying its better than Oblivion and I have yet to play New Vegas despite buying it on discount due to the fucking headache of modding the thing.
Fallout 4 is not even tempting after all thats been revealed.

Yet again I remember playing Morrowind (still my greatest gaming experience after all these years) and dreaming of what they could do with open world rpgs in the future. Cant forgive when Bethesda releases this degenerating horseshit with no redeeming qualities.
We might have been spoiled with the indie and kickstarter resurgence but AAA remains in steady :decline:.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I would likely buy this game on release if my computer could handle it. I'm too poor right now to upgrade my computer :(

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Yet again I remember playing Morrowind (still my greatest gaming experience after all these years) and dreaming of what they could do with open world rpgs in the future. Cant forgive when Bethesda releases this degenerating horseshit with no redeeming qualities.
I'd brofist this, if I could.

Deleted member 7219

Fallout 3 could be enjoyable if you ignored the story and just explored the wasteland clearing out ruins and places like that, especially with the More Where That Came From mod which added in more 40s and 50s music.

It wasn't Fallout, but it was Bethesda's retarded attempt at Fallout and it was kinda fun. When I hear 'Way Back Home' I think of Fallout 3.

I am expecting Fallout 4 to have learned nothing from New Vegas, but I still expect to get something out of it just like I did Fallout 3.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Fallout 3 could be enjoyable
Maybe if you do drugs...

Hell, FO3 was probably the most depressingly uninspired game I've ever tried to play. Almost everything about it was tedious, awkward, irritating or some combination thereof. That green filter alone was enough to drive me crazy little by little. I quit about halfway (though probably more like 1/3) through after slaughtering yet another pack of run-of-the-mill raiders in yet another run-of-the-mill ruin. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Never. I'm done. I've gone through the 5 stages of grief (denial, something, something, something and acceptance) way back when and moved on. R.I.P. Fallout 1997-2003. (Eventho I eventually bought, played and sorta liked New Vegas)

Keldryn

Arcane
Nope, not buying it. Don't have a modern enough PC to run it anyway. Looks like it has a few interesting ideas, but the game itself looks bloated and tedious, just like an Elder Scrolls game.

Sykar

Arcane
Same here. So much good shit to play, so much better things to spend my time on.

I love those "you are all going to play the game on release and play it for hundreds of hours" comments however.:lol: Bethesda cultists, both of open and closet kind, really love to project.

Not even going to torrent it until mods take care of all the bugs, retarded shit, insufferable hand holding and terrible textures. Oh and I need a hardcore mode like New Vegas had.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom