Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Civilizations II

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
EU 4 contender? Release this month

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Things i gathered

- turn based
- made by 1 guy
- no monarch mana
- spans all of history and into the future
- has mechanics which EU lack

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You can (and should) say a lot of bad things about Paradox games but those copies are usually even worse as far as literally everything in the game goes.

In fact most that I can remember were outright unplayable or broken.

That having said I really look forward to something that changes my mind. Not sure if one dev can manage a game of this scope tho.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
These Paradox game clones always look like horrible shovelware, but who knows?

Graphicaly it looks ok, it's yet to be seen how the game actualy plays, but reading various posts people are saying good things about this and are tired of paradox.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
1uI3cq8.jpg

:bounce:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Woa, this looks actually pretty neat. Please have a good AI...

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
d1p for sure, just because i'm tired of all dlcs for paradox games

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
- spans all of history and into the future

This is not a good idea, unless your systems are VERY good. Like migrations and population dynamics and the way systems of government and modes of life interact. Kinda like a Paradox game, but on maximum autism.

Trying to do that is a terrible idea, unless you are making something very abstracted like Civ games. If you want something like a Paradox game that aims for realism within certain eras trying to do "all history" is not going to work.

Some extreme levels of fabulous optimism here, one guy making it? No way this will end well.

And Paradox killer? No offense Makabb but your a moron.

I find the feature breakdown very much inadequate, and also am not going to watch videos. Need more meat on those bones.

I like the system requirements, tho; you could run it on a potato.

Also, Pdox-style and turn-based? Seems weird to me, won't the game run into micro-hell eventually? Would make it more like Civilization, too

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
won't the game run into micro-hell eventually?

It shouldn't because you have 'move points', there is only so much you can move one turn, so if you have a big empire you have to prioritise where you fight, you cannot fight on all fronts at once with all your army, player has to be smart where he wages war.
This already makes the game much more tactical than any of the paradox games.

Last edited:
Honestly this guy is bad at marketing, his marketing is pretty much "Videogame is gud, watch videos to see".

Dude, fuck videos. Gimme a pile of detailed screenshits, dev diaries, feature descriptions, etc.

I can't enter his Steam site right now, someone tell him that.

I mean, how complex this game is?

Right now its seems like Civilization but in the style of a Pdox game.

Right now its seems like Civilization but in the style of a Pdox game.

uh no it does not, it looks and plays like eu 4 and not civ

No, it doesn't:

1. Its turn-based not real-time.
2. Over-ambitious "from dawn of human civilization to the future" time-period playthrough. Which means a watered-down game, because its harder to make such mechanics truly atemporal. So, he will need more abstraction.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom