Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence Demo Released

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
- (and this is a big one) font in dialog interface. When I try read it at 1920x1200 my eyes ache in pain. It's just too damn small. It looks not anti-aliased too, but that might be due to small size.
Perhaps try to play it windowed with smaller resolution.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What the fuck. This is no indie game.

No seriously, looks way too good.

Of course, we have shitty camera and wonky UI, but that is given. The font size (1920x1080) is a show stopper though.

Had the same issue with char creation, could hardly see what the character looks like when creating him.

Niektory

one of some
Patron
Yaar Podshipnik: This is planned, you'll have to wait until they implement it.

Known Issues and Pending Features
« on: March 19, 2012, 05:41:32 AM »
- There will be more filler NPCs with schedules.
- Alchemy is not implemented.
- There will be better GUI support for higher resolutions.
- Sometimes music stops playing.
- There will be more sounds for text actions.
- PC model in the character creation and inventory screens looks dark with HDR on.
- There is a small section when a game loads that you see the models being loaded. Will be fixed in the final version.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
What the fuck. This is no indie game.

No seriously, looks way too good.

Of course, we have shitty camera and wonky UI, but that is given. The font size (1920x1080) is a show stopper though.

Had the same issue with char creation, could hardly see what the character looks like when creating him.
Play it windowed with somewhat smaller res for now. No problems there.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks for the heads-up Niektory!

VoD, while that is a solution, it's not for me. I hate playing windowed and everything looks shit if I'm not running my monitor at native res. So I guess I'll wait.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yeah, non native res is no go for me.

Had a real scary moment when all the guards (5+) on the screen said the same banter line at the same time...

Stabwound

Arcane
I have to echo the complaint that the text is virtually unreadable at high resolutions.

There's my helpful and informative feedback at this point.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok guys, I have a quick and dirty fix for the font problem.

From procmon it looks like the game only reads KaratMedium 14, 15, 17, and 20 (for dialogs, it uses other fonts for other stuff, though VD knows best).

So, if you replace the font files of this sizes with a bigger size you'll get a big text.

1. Go to your AoD dir, core/fonts
2. Delete KaratMedium Regular 14 (ansi).uft (same with 15, 17, 20)
3. Copy KaratMedium Regular 32 (ansi).uft to KaratMedium Regular 14 (ansi).uft (same with 15, 17,20).

I would post a screenie but PrintScreen button doesn't work.

Edit: It fucks with inventory too, so feel free to experiment with the different sizes.

VD, let us at least know which size is used where. Also, why karat 32 is 24kb and 33 is 5kb? Dummy files?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Did you check in your game folder? My Documents\My Games\Age Of Decadence

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Wow, never say never. Hopefully I find the time to try this soon.

Congratulations to VD and his crew.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I... have a lot of problems with the demo. I'll write them all up pretty soon. The way I see it, the harsher and more specific the criticism the better for the game in the long run. And I can totally see why you haven't released it yet.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
And it's not because I want to be a sour pickle; I just want it to turn out as great as possible, even if it means nitpicking so much that I tick y'all off. I'll make a big post of impressions by tomorrow, when I've seen everything and organized my thoughts in a readable manner.

Y'all should play this and give feedback, too!

Fluffer

Novice
It.. it is glorious. No, seriously. Technical quibbles aside, my initial impression after a very-very brief look of about 30mins is that it is what I've been waiting, starving for. It is glorious VD and co.

The wait for the finished product will be even more agonizing. Back to the game now, bye.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
So after years of brutal trolling patient waiting it's finally here?
Did the devil ice skate to the office today?
Is this it? Is 2012 really the final year?

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Getting 1.1 MB/s from that torrent (the one on file-upload). Good stuff people :thumbsup:

I should be doing something constructive, but instead it's coffee time with AoD. Was never entirely certain this day would arrive, TBH, though I've hardly been keeping up with things.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Boy oh boy :bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom