Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Age of Decadence Interview at ePressDesk

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
ITT we learn VD killed his way to the top 2nd place VP position.

Didn't we know that already? I seem to remember it from long ago. I wonder why he'd quit the job.

Anyway, the game looks good and if it were out, I'd order the boxed version today as I said I would six years ago. The funny thing is, I might actually have my own "salary" by the time the game actually comes out.

Zeriel

Arcane
Didn't we know that already? I seem to remember it from long ago. I wonder why he'd quit the job.

Anyway, the game looks good and if it were out, I'd order the boxed version today as I said I would six years ago. The funny thing is, I might actually have my own "salary" by the time the game actually comes out.

He stated emphatically quite a few times he hated his day job (who doesn't?). He likes making games. Hell, I like him making games. Age of Decadence is utterly unlike any RPG on the market once you get past the superficial differences. Shit doesn't always go right, but I like the fact they were willing to kind of go their own way radically on some of the design elements.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Worst offender was the day that, after working the entire weekend at the agency - without going home and sleeping on the fucking couch (obviously with no extra pay) - we manage to win the account of the largest bank in Brazil (a humble ad budget of 210 million dolars), and the owners of the company make a big speech, congratulation and giving champagne for everyone... except for the entire production department, that they "forgot to call". ¬¬
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6xK0Hefsq0

CWagner

Augur
I hope it comes out soon, I stopped playing betas after the first to stop myself from spoiling myself :)

curry

Arcane
Why isn't there any video interviews? VD are you too hideous?

Would you say you look more like David Gaider or Hamburger Hepler?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
You know, the only thing I’m afraid of at this point is that I’ll buy the game, play it, and not enjoy it because I’ll be examining how VD solved issue X, how he made skill checks, how the writing is, and completely forget that I’m playing a game. Oh well.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The backstabbing sounds a lot better than I thought, especially if it comes from experience. You actually got me more interested than the new Torment.

ITT we learn VD killed his way to the top 2nd place VP position.
Jimbob stirkes again:
rp_mountainvillage_night0002-1.jpg

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
EPressDesk: Is there an expected release date for Age of Decadence?
Iron Tower: We’re aiming at October, but the exact date would depend on how well the beta test goes. All systems (character, combat, inventory, crafting/alchemy, journal, etc) were tested when we released the demo, but it might take a while for the testers to check all the quests and options.
October of which year would that be? :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom