Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence Post-Release Update #2: More on the Dungeon Crawler and Colony Ship Projects

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The Second Chance sounds like a fancy name for a director's cut/reloaded/extended edition, like here is your second chance to buy AoD.

SniperHF

Arcane
Graboids !

125327.gif

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I underestimated how intricate and fun the combat due to the AOD demo I tried ages ago. Just began my first save, getting my arse kicked by Antidas and finding new ways to build my char and approach the fight.

Would definitely enjoy a dungeon crawler with that combat system in a party. :greatjob:

Black

Arcane
Yes, after the events in AoD you pick a rag-tag team of various Militadi and take the fight to the fish people in a suicide mission.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How long will Age of Decadence be discounted on steam?

I want to buy it full price. :smug:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
How long will Age of Decadence be discounted on steam?

I want to buy it full price. :smug:
in the case, you should purchase it directly from the ITS forum, then ask for the steam key.That's the way to fully support Vince's crew :salute:

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not to mention you can pay what you want above and beyond the usual price :smug:

Vault Dweller

Developer
Will the crawler be set in the same universe as AoD?
Same universe. It will be set in the mine Dellar mentions if you ask him about his past.

What is the Battle of the Five Armies and Rise of the Chosen One?

Came here to ask the same question :) So, I second this - what are those? Also, what's the optional combat in Temple? A fight with Benny?
Battle of the Five Armies - instead of taking a lord to the temple convince the lords (whoever survived, including Paullus) to attack the temple; the option won't guarantee a good outcome by default as that would depend on a number of factors.
Rise of the Chosen One - convincing the god to pick you then wrestling the power from Meru.
Optional combat - you'll see soon enough.

CSG_pistols_01_zpse3r1nljz.jpg

Like how homemade the first tier looks.

Writing made me hooked. Can't wait:
You open your eyes to a grey hull-metal ceiling, one panel of which flickers yellow, indicating dayshift. You overslept, not that it matters. With a grunt you roll off your stained mattress and open the "window" to let some fresh air in. Like everything else around here, fresh is relative. The Ship does Her best to recycle air and water, but cargo holds aren’t high on Her priority list. You breathe in metal and burning oil and look up. Four of the bridge's six projectors are still operational, shining dully down on the container towers of Cargo Hold 3, aka the Pit, the free city.

Calling the Pit a city is a bit of a stretch, but so is calling this reddish-brown liquid water. You've read that water is supposed to be clear and cities are supposed to be big, but no ship-born has ever seen either. Maybe in another hundred years water will look and taste like oil and people will be talking about the good old days when it was the color of rust and tasted refreshingly bitter and tangy. That's the kind of optimism that keeps you going.

The elevator crawls up a groove in the cargo hold's wall like a black steel bug that's worn a path traveling to the bridge and back. It’s time to get up there and earn a few coins, but first you need a drink.

Make your way to the local bar.

The Ship provides breathable air, water, and N-tabs – your daily source of recycled nutrients and minerals, pressed into chewable tablets. They taste like cardboard but they are free. If you prefer finer things in life, like synthetic meat served with a side of algae, you have to pay.

The Ship never served alcohol – the Forefathers frowned upon such things and did their best to discourage drinking, but everyone’s favorite vice made a triumphant return in no time. Each bar has its own secret recipe, each more awful than the other.

The bartender gives you a nod and pours black, oily liquid into a beaten metal mug. You take a careful swallow, fighting your body’s desperate attempt to get rid of the poison, and wait for the familiar warmth to spread through you and make the world a slightly better place.

Continue.

The bar isn’t busy this time of day, making it easy to spot people who come here to conduct “business”. Tanner, the local hustler, is moving from one patron to another. Evans, a cheap gun for hire, seems to be waiting for someone. You hire him, you get what you paid for. Platt’s a doc. His hands shake too much when he’s sober, so he keeps himself well lubricated.

“I have a job for you, <charname>,” says Tanner, making himself comfortable on a nearby chair and putting on airs. “Interested?”
“What kind of job?”
“An easy one.”

He pulls out a plastic card from his sleeve and slides it toward you. The card is old and worn out, the letters faded a long time ago, but you don’t need to read what it says to know what it is.

Last edited:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Rise of the Chosen One - convincing the god to pick you then wrestling the power from Meru.
Does this refer to getting the final temple god to pick you then battling possessed Meru (which already has a cool confrontation ... sans episode 3 quote, wth man?)? Or talking to the god under Meru's castle (who is the one that can eventually possess him IIRC ... starts with B) and convincing him you'd make a better puppet?

Vault Dweller

Developer
It refers to Agathoth choosing you instead of asking to fetch a lord.

hello friend

Arcane
Where do the shipdwellers' coins come from? Of the alternatives, seems to be the payment option that makes the least sense in a colony ship context. Depending on the specifics of the setting, you could have some sort of digitised currency + chipping w/ central bank, or multiple payment systems of the sort with different solution providers. Could have barter in favours, useful objects... companies only pay you in company credit etc.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Where do the shipdwellers' coins come from? Of the alternatives, seems to be the payment option that makes the least sense in a colony ship context. Depending on the specifics of the setting, you could have some sort of digitised currency + chipping w/ central bank, or multiple payment systems of the sort with different solution providers. Could have barter in favours, useful objects... companies only pay you in company credit etc.

This guy makes the coins

1394763939024.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom