Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
(the assassin run in on hold atm)

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Hey guys, is there a difference how totalk with Marcus Valla - through "Let's be reasanable" Word of Honor line or "I don't care about Ameritus"?

Parabalus

Arcane
So I am playing a hybrid build of 5 / 7 / 6 / 8 / 7 / 7 as a loremaster turned merchant and swore fealty to Antidas, but switched to Gaelius at the mine. Combat can be rough but it is so rewarding :)

That's one of the most comprehensive playthroughs you can make - if you take STR to 4 and DEX to 6, CHA to 9 I don't think any other char can see more content.

Hey guys, is there a difference how totalk with Marcus Valla - through "Let's be reasanable" Word of Honor line or "I don't care about Ameritus"?

I think you take a WoH penalty in both cases if you stab him.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
If i lower st and dex then i cant sneak into daratan palace or pass any climbing checks.

Im curious tho, what do i gain with cha 9 besides the chosen one path?

Parabalus

Arcane
If i lower st and dex then i cant sneak into daratan palace or pass any climbing checks.

Im curious tho, what do i gain with cha 9 besides the chosen one path?

You can still get into palace with Throwing 3, other checks you can't.

Nothing much besides saving you a few SP, might give you enough rep for ending threshold in betrayal scenarios.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Do herbs respawn? For example if i pick everything at the bandit camp and return there after going to maadoran

Only in Teron from what I've seen, both few of the alchemy ingredients you can find around town (such as those mushrooms near the eastern wall) and the alchemy shopkeeper in Commercium.

I think it's maybe due to Teron changing as a location after you come back from Maadoran. Not sure if it's a bug or devs intended it that way.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
A question - im playing the 4 6 6 8 7 9 hybrid and so far it was going good.
Cleared almost all of teron, got training from feng, cassius, dellar, zenon and antidas.
Lockpicked all doors and chests in the inn, broken into blacksmiths house for mats&axe&crafting training, broken into nto the palace and got the etiquette manuscript and mantra, got the tower cellar artifact, got burned by miltiaides.
Finished the merchant quests, CSed esbenus and got prestige and repaired the mine for aurelians and went to maadoran.
Only missing aemolas quest since i dont have word of honor.
Now i am struggling in combat in maadoran - i have 10 in crafting and have made myselft star metal pugio and got a lot of iron ingots for armor. My combat stats are 1/1, got 4 in CS and 3 in throwing (for grappling hook).
My question is - i would like to do all combat fights and is it possible to do them without investing into combat stats further with just my armor and weapons tiding me over. Any guides i could read to improve?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Well... I heard, swords are good because of their special ability to inflict bleeding, which ignores armor.
Best sword for that is a gladius, unique one, it's sold in Trade district. Add whetstone, poison and fast strikes.
Or you could try dagger for that, at least with Arbiter, using Whirlwind aganst angry mob I saw bleeding quite often, but it's from critical, so it won't work agains armored targets I think.

Parabalus

Arcane
A question - im playing the 4 6 6 8 7 9 hybrid and so far it was going good.
Cleared almost all of teron, got training from feng, cassius, dellar, zenon and antidas.
Lockpicked all doors and chests in the inn, broken into blacksmiths house for mats&axe&crafting training, broken into nto the palace and got the etiquette manuscript and mantra, got the tower cellar artifact, got burned by miltiaides.
Finished the merchant quests, CSed esbenus and got prestige and repaired the mine for aurelians and went to maadoran.
Only missing aemolas quest since i dont have word of honor.
Now i am struggling in combat in maadoran - i have 10 in crafting and have made myselft star metal pugio and got a lot of iron ingots for armor. My combat stats are 1/1, got 4 in CS and 3 in throwing (for grappling hook).
My question is - i would like to do all combat fights and is it possible to do them without investing into combat stats further with just my armor and weapons tiding me over. Any guides i could read to improve?

You read can look over Jason Liang 's posts, a lot of them pertain to 1/1 builds.

With that stat spread I used xbow (space marine) myself, but I did put some non-combat SP into xbow (to 3) skill initially to make the early encounters smoother. Since you didn't invest anything you might consider switching yourself, but it should still be doable daggers, craft blue steel imperial and you're immune through most thrash encounters.

Well... I heard, swords are good because of their special ability to inflict bleeding, which ignores armor.
Best sword for that is a gladius, unique one, it's sold in Trade district. Add whetstone, poison and fast strikes.
Or you could try dagger for that, at least with Arbiter, using Whirlwind aganst angry mob I saw bleeding quite often, but it's from critical, so it won't work agains armored targets I think.

Since he has 10 craft all the bought items are just a waste of money, except if you want to break them down for blue steel.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Tbh i got 2 builds at the same spot - start of maadoran. They only difference is that one has 10 alchemy and the other has 10 crafting. The alchemy one is easier since i just tag em with poison and then run, but sooner or later they back me in a corner and then im dead

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Ok so a little update - cleared the Arena and killed both demons after getting all the info out of them, i think the turning point in the build was the crafting of blue steel imperial armor and helmet (thanks paraballus!).

Only fight i coud not win (attack 4, dodge 4) was the Bass fight after returning from Ordu - i get destroyed in 2 turns :0

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Ok so a little update - cleared the Arena and killed both demons after getting all the info out of them, i think the turning point in the build was the crafting of blue steel imperial armor and helmet (thanks paraballus!).

Only fight i coud not win (attack 4, dodge 4) was the Bass fight after returning from Ordu - i get destroyed in 2 turns :0

Been a while since I've done that fight, are Bass and his flunkeys harder than Zamedi Demon and Al Sahir?

You could buy a few liquid fires and bombs from the alchemy trader by the Thief Temple if you haven't already, might make a difference. Also stock up on all Bolas you can find, Fletcher (bow trader) in the Merchant Plaza sells a few, also some trader by the Thief Temple as well.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Right, so i managed to find a good tactic for the Bass fight - first used a bomb to knock down and arterial strike the twohanded axe wielder, then killed the archer (some lucky dodges there), bola'd and arterial striked bass and just plain killed the sword n board guy. Tough and nice fight - BUT! If you do it combat style then you cant loot Bass for the grooved sphere (his corpse only appears if you let the Ordu do the fighting). Since i didnt get the sphere from start now i gotta restart. But i dont mind, it goes fast

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Very impressive build (287 kills without any combat/defense skills except for CS): http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/490123197946992902/?ctp=14#c1621726179573226744

yguxlvh.jpg

:salute:

Taurist

Scholar
I just started this after grabbing the bundle in the sales and having a blast.

I played as a thick as shit mercenary without much in the way of non-combat skills, and ended up joining the theives guild. I then got fired from the thieves guild for not being able to do much more than push skulls together.

Should I start over? Are there any more factions I can join up later and stand a reasonable chance of doing the quests? I quick google seemed to indicate I cant join the Guards later in the game.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
You should be able to make it to the end regardless, but a well-timed restart never hurt anyone. Maybe try a bookish grandpa that joins the guard ? :lol:

Taurist

Scholar
Yeah I think that's what I'll do. I could have made it through the quest that got me with a little more critical strike.
But in general it would be best to leave that questline for an actual theif.

Castozor

Scholar
So I just finished the game with a Praetor Dodge/Hammer build and I enjoyed it a lot, will probably start a talky playthrough later. However I have one big complaint regarding this game's combat: sometimes enemies will get 2 turns in a row after my first turn and it made certain fights much harder than they ought to be. Is there a way around this because it's more or less the only thing that made me stop playing at times, and to my knowledge I didn't have this issue in Dungeon Rats.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
So I just finished the game with a Praetor Dodge/Hammer build and I enjoyed it a lot, will probably start a talky playthrough later. However I have one big complaint regarding this game's combat: sometimes enemies will get 2 turns in a row after my first turn and it made certain fights much harder than they ought to be. Is there a way around this because it's more or less the only thing that made me stop playing at times, and to my knowledge I didn't have this issue in Dungeon Rats.
These 2 turn in a row are the result of lower Dexterity compared to your opponents. When you start combat and go first the enemy who has higher dexterity will make a move in the same turn and in the next (because he has higher Dexterity so higher initiative so he goes earlier than you in the next one).

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
from the file help.cs:
Dexterity (DEX) - determines a character's Action Points and combat initiative
Once you enter combat, the fastest (or more perceptive or higher skilled) combatant will get to act first
So perception may count too, assuming the "fastest" is related to the DEX (sounds logical as the better is the DEX, the more you get AP, but armors have also their words to say as they can slow down you), and if both characters have the same DEX score.
Don't know though if speed only depends on the APmax (no matter of the armor equiped), or on the current AP ?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom