Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Empires II HD

Xavier0889

Learned
Basically, the AI and pathfinding are better. Those are the best features about AoE2 when compared with 1. You also had more complex campaigns and the expansion added the chance to play famous battles of the middle ages. There's also an improved way to work with farms, trade with caravans AND boats, better and more diverse civilization system, etc.

Krash

Arcane
I think you guys will want to check this out: Forgotten Empires Expansion

Yes, that's right, a proper expansion for Age 2, with new Civs, Campaigns, AI, etc etc. It's at least as good as a real expansion, probably better. Some of the best work I've seen by modders. The AI in particular can be downright nasty, compared to the utter incompetence it displayed in vanilla.

Akarnir

Educated
Maybe a mod should merge this thread and the other one.

keep my OP

Krash

Arcane
:troll:

EDIT: reminds me, has there been any newspost about Forgotten Empires? If not there should probably be one. oscar?

Dumb question, would Forgotten empires work with the HD version? "Work" as in game/Steam not freaking out and shutting down. I have my AoE2 disc here somewhere but the HD version is really cheap and it comes with AoE3 for a couple more bucks.

oscar

Arcane

EDIT: reminds me, has there been any newspost about Forgotten Empires? If not there should probably be one. oscar?

I'm unable to post topics. Trash, what would you think?

While I can't promise anything any time soon, me and a few RL bros were thinking about getting back into this and giving it a spin. While RTSs aren't usually our thing, I know we covered Starcraft II so something to do with AoE should definitely be able to cut the grade.

Random comment on the 'Civilizations' section:

'For portuguese use the Spanish'

That's just bullshit.

That's like saying 'For Dutch use Teutons.'

Also, downloaded this in university, went home and... MOTHERFUCKERS YOUR GAME HAS A ONLINE INSTALLER! AND YOU NEVER SAID A WORD ABOUT IT! WHY WHY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :rage::x:mob:

Now I'm installing Forgotten Empires with shitty TIM 3G internet because some foreign fucktard thinks Online Installers are l33t

SEE WHAT I MEANT IN THIS TOPIC NOW, CODEX? http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...tallers-retarded-or-even-more-retarded.80991/

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

I'm unable to post topics. Trash, what would you think?

While I can't promise anything any time soon, me and a few RL bros were thinking about getting back into this and giving it a spin. While RTSs aren't usually our thing, I know we covered Starcraft II so something to do with AoE should definitely be able to cut the grade.

Actually you can post topics on the front page of tcancer. Anyway, this defenitely is deserving of a newspost. Will make one later if someone else hasn't done so in the meantime.

oscar

Arcane
Announcement made.

I don't get the people complaining about GameRanger. Played lots of LAN games last year where it worked fine. Changing the meat icon to corn is indeed decline though.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
For Chinese, use Japan. Would top it off easily.

Zeriel

Arcane
So, no LAN/TCP-IP, so I guess I'm not pirating this one. Oh well, worth the $.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Good thing they cut out LAN and replaced it with Steamworks HD. That shit was really dated and looked like something from early 90s

Also, the gameplay is much much faster in AoE3.

I really like that about it. Sometimes, when playing AOE2 with a bro, matches could take over several hours and eventually I got exhausted by it. Leveling civilizations in AOE3 made even long matches seem a slightly less waste of time, and it also made skirmish against AI more attractive. Cards didn't make you too powerful (which is a good approach to this) but they were still nice to have.
Yeah, I don't think I care about this HD release, especially since I already played AOE2 in high resolution. I would cum buckets over Age of Mythology revival in steam though, that game is loads of cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom