Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Age of Empires II/III/Mythology Kkkodeks Multiplayer

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Game against Iren:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/an8y91jzbuzbxuo/MP_Replay_v4.6_@2015.12.29_223256_(1).aoe2record

I went for a fast castle to get that greedy 2nd TC, but when Iren came with his flush I became afraid. Managed to repel him and build up with the help of my second TC though, and built a small army behind his back. He surrendered once I got my castle up right inside his military production base. Specialized on camels, and when I came with massed pikemen, it was pretty much GG.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh my fucking god that shit was intense: 1v1v1 with Dayyālu and Irenaeus II.

Here's the replay:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6r047ccw75ppci5/MP_Replay_v4.6_@2015.12.29_231248_(1).aoe2record

SHIT WAS INTENSE because I accidentally chose a tiny-sized 2 player map for 3 people. So we ran out of gold quickly. And both of the other fags constantly attacked me and I fended off both by constantly producing trash units. It took a long time, but at some point I breached into Dayyalu's base, and Iren gave up after I managed to repel all his attacks and penetrated his defenses.

Shit was cash. Watch the replay. Fun times.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
It was a fun game, JF managed his shit really well. I should learn how to continuously pump units and manage an army, at least this game trained me in managing economy.

Map size was ok, I like short games myself. Particularly because gaming for over an hour in a ffa is complicated for the faint-hearted. #LMAO

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
im high 1800s/low 1900s on steam in aoe 2 hd, havent played much lately though, never played much aoe 3 so i never got them on steam, does aom have an active online community?

Last edited:

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7fre8flb9qfjhpa/MP+Replay+v4.6+@2016.01.17+164522+(1).aoe2record

REy27o0.jpg

played a pretty good michi game if anyone wants to see it, both teams had 1 weak player in the 1500s, then we had like a 1606, me and an 1837, they had a 1750 a 1712 and like a 1630

i had another sik arabia 4v4 but it didn't have record on :'(

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
While singleplayer is pretty boring, AoE III is one of the most fun RTS games in multiplayer. Factions play differently, some feel like totally different game, but at the same time they are well balanced. This also forces use of different tactics against different kinds of enemies. There is an abundance of units and buildings, and the game is fast-paced. The graphics are amazing even today, AoE III is one of the best looking RTS games I've seen. The multiplayer is well alive even today, after so many years. I definitely recommend getting this game for every RTS fan. The only thing is that you shouldn't expect a game similar to AoE or AoE II as AoE III is a different game, however, even better in multiplayer in every way.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
I figured this might be a good place to ask: How is Age of Empires 2 HD for multiplayer?
I read that it suffers from
1) Bad netcode, lags, crashes etc.
2) Region-locked MP

Did any of this change? Especially the region-lock in MP servers seems so fucking stupid and would be a reason not to buy the game for me...

Endemic

Arcane
Don't recall anything about a region-lock. Netcode hasn't been an issue for me (other than a slight ping-related delay), I guess it might be a problem in 8 player games and/or if you have a wide geographic spread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom