Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Agony - non Unity horror FPS

Beowulf

Arcane
I couldn't find a thread regarding this, so here it is.
Along with Scorn it looks like it could offer something to break the mould of jump-scare riddled you-tubers bait, that lately beame the horror genre.

Nice visuals.

Earlier gameplay (most likely scripted like Norman's Sky):

Riskbreaker

Environments/art direction are slightly reminiscent of Shadow Tower Abyss. Other than that, I really don't know what to think. They shirk from showing proper gameplay - that video shows linear, scripted section (begging of the game, I take it?) that tells next to nothing about how the game actually plays.

tormund

Arcane
"Doom/Dead Space hybrid"
:hmmm:
And sequel will be "Dark Souls of Doom/Dead Space hybrids"?:lol:

As other have said, that video shown nothing outside of purdy graphics, that could as well be a "gameplay" video for another walking simulator...

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I'm digging the world design. Looks like something from a death metal album.
I like how when you leave the corridor of teeth and flesh the area changes. That's pretty neat.

I don't understand why they are calling a doom / dead space hybrid. Looks like another breed of Amnesia to me.

Last edited:
I'm digging the world design. Looks like something from a death metal album.
I like how when you leave the corridor of teeth and flesh the area changes. That's pretty neat.

I don't understand why they are calling a doom / dead space hybrid. Looks like another breed of Amnesia to me.

I was thinking Amnesia or Penumbra: Black Plague myself.

It would be cool if the developers include in-game insanity that debuffs your ability to progress, like in Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

Beowulf

Arcane
As other have said, that video shown nothing outside of purdy graphics, that could as well be a "gameplay" video for another walking simulator...

Which it most likely be. But what ecent "horror" game wasn't a walking simulator in better or worse disguise?
Alien Isolation

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm digging the style and the visuals (and the graphics. Fuck you Unity), but i don't get what this game is. Hell walking simulator? Alien Isolation, Hellraiser edition?

tormund

Arcane
That gameplay trailer is p light on... gameplay.

Unless that is some sort of heavily scripted intro section, this indeed looks like something between walking sim and another in the endless line of Slender clones (together with collecting pages statuettes).

PrettyDeadman

Gore&nakedness are nice, but it doesn't feel like they leave much place for variety (whole game is going to be dark caves with torches and mutilated naked bodies). And without variety that kind of extreme enviroment gets old really fast (I grew tired of it during 16 minutes of gameplay trailer). Also, I am 100% sure that the gameplay is going to be shit. Some of the elemets look like they belong in a shitty openworld ubisoft game (collectibles, primitive stealth against retarded ai, interaction promts).
Scron looks much better in that regard (if you want hellish bodyhorror).

Last edited by a moderator:

Space Insect

Arcane
The hellish art style seems less interesting and original with every new thing I see from this game. What was with those purple sparkles too? If you need to add diversity to your hell, don't add sparkles.

The gameplay also looked dreadful.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Hate games like that. A video game equivalent of a theme park haunted house ride.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I get the impression that they just crammed as much "hell-things" they could dig up and threw it in there. Still it looks kinda cool I guess, but gameplay seems to be like Outlast. Kinda meh at that.

There is a similar game in development that I think look more horrorish and grotesque. Can't remember it's name, but in the trailer the character you play pick up some kind of flesh-gun. And there is a lot of cthulu-esque nightmare stuff going on.

Space Insect

Arcane
I really wish that if they were going to make games based on hell, they would just copy artists like Bosch and Bruegel. Their hellscapes are incredibly surreal and disturbing and imo far better than the straight bone and flesh style that I've seem from this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom