Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Aion: Awakened Legacy

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
You know, you could take every Aion thread here on the codex and it’d still be maybe 1 page long. Very little interest. I found Aion around 4.0. It was an amusing game at that time since I was severely depressed and didn’t want to resort to alcoholism (though the bottle called and it’s a wonder the game didn’t drive me to it).

Now, it’s changed again and can you believe, for the worse (actually very believable but I wasn’t sure how far in the toilet a game can go; the sewers maybe).

Aion: Awakened Legacy Changes

A lot of changes and lots of removal of entire areas. As some post there’s literally nothing to do but afk around this new town as content is minimal. I hear crafting is changed or removed.... eh just the removal of some of the scenery and areas is enough for me to never even consider the game again. There are videos on hyperinflation and currency changing and pay to win (eh.. seems mmos have that shit). Aion spambot scambot players were annoying and maybe the game was also a crypto currency mining operation.

Aion sucks (probably the only two words I should have posted).
Forum comments on current Aion state.

I hear they want to create a mobile Aion. The smell of crap from the smell of decay. I thought decline eventually stopped but this game is like a negative polarity that draws on suckage, creates more and then has a huge suckage gravitational field to pull other games into it and contaminate them via influence. Maybe this is why Blizzard:immortal came to be.

Just blame Aion.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Old forum account was deleted there. So I created a new account for forum posting. It listed my characters. Here’s one of the newly morphed names of my character:
2s1B1EFA-DN

I won’t list the others but they are similar. WTH!?!? This game was disemboweled completely. With the high level reqs for their new instances and all old ones destroyed (or most) I can’t honestly say what the purpose is of this game. Just to waste space and pop up ads?

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
I liked it at launch, the gliding movement was probably my favorite aspect, the zen of farming aethyr for a full 3 hour grind without touching ground. Played for 4 or 5 months then punched the eject button and went to WoW for the end of ICC. Been looking for a game with decent gliding mechanics since, none found. Might have to install microsoft flight X. Firefall had gliders but no updrafts, so it was just falling slowly, also dead now.

deama

Prophet
I played it a couple of years ago, and now I recently played it a couple of months ago. They sadly didn't change the things I would have liked to see, like the removal of that gold membership crap that you need in order to trade in the auction house...
I also didn't like how they implemented the flight mechanic, 1 minute flight time is fine for the beginning, but there are barely any ways to extend it, and if you do it's pretty small, I don't think you can even get 2 minutes.

Oh and Aion 2 has been announced, apparentely it's gonna be set 900 years before Aion? They also said that they're gonna revamp flight mechanics (extend it), so fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Not sure if it got changed, but the trick to extended flight time was dropping flight and swapping to glide and praying no fucking cleric was in range with the instant cast root to send you to your death while your pots came off cd and flight time would regen. I did love that root though, cant even count how many bastards I cratered with it

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Ah yeah. I’d forgotten about that. In areas like Poeta you can get your glide recover so good you actually gain altitude. I forget the term for this type of gliding but when you do it right it’s pretty nifty. I hit the ceiling of Poeta (didn’t realize there was one) and it instakilled me. Maybe start areas are just buggy. There was also a section I climbed to that had a river where you couldn’t drown. I got stuck in a hole in the water that interrupted instant recall. It was a bitch getting out of that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom