Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alien: Isolation

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Is Ripley's DNA now xenomorph magnet?

I wouldn't be surprised if they work those midichlorians in there.

Fucking retarded.

I'm just speculating so far, but I won't be surprised if we get another cliched story about how she went in search of her mother and stumbled upon a hive of xenos or something like that.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
it's a first-person shooter that uses both stealth and horror elements; and it's inspired by games like Dishonored and Bioshock, according to our source, a person familiar with goings-on at Sega, who spoke under condition of anonymity in the interest of protecting their job.

(...) you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers."

Sega declined to comment for this story.

So it will be another Alien game with stealth elements. Nice one SEGA, I see what you did here.
But I wouldn't call shooting stealthy.

I just wish it won't be heavily scripted, have QTE's and poor graphics.

:negative:

Dr Tomo

Learned
it's a first-person shooter that uses both stealth and horror elements; and it's inspired by games like Dishonored and Bioshock, according to our source, a person familiar with goings-on at Sega, who spoke under condition of anonymity in the interest of protecting their job.

(...) you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers."

Sega declined to comment for this story.

So it will be another Alien game with stealth elements. Nice one SEGA, I see what you did here.
But I wouldn't call shooting stealthy.

I just wish it won't be heavily scripted, have QTE's and poor graphics.

:negative:

Well that is the future trend with that Ryse game being made by Crytek and the gfx will be better then what Gearbox crapped out. Also this thread name needs to be changed to something better as I assumed this was some indie trash game being discussed.

Also can anyone give a synopsis of the studios prior work that is taking up this project?

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So is the game going to end with you dying of cancer at the age of 66 and being cremated and interred in Little Chute, WI?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Speaking of this shit I downloaded AvP2 recently and holy shit is that game worse than I remembered.

Compared to what exactly?

To... what I remembered. Like I said. I remembered really liking it but it's pretty shitty.
Go fuck yourself.

I wouldn't call AvP2 shitty but it is true that it didn't age well. Still very much a decent and fun game with some nice bits but there are some parts that do not work that well despite what some people claim. Yes, it is still better than the new AvP but that one was shitty and clunky so it's not exactly a fair competition. If anything I find the original and venerable AvP from 1999 to still be the best game in the serie for its tense and brutal gameplay despite—or maybe because—of its arcade feel.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
One of the reasons it's shit for me at the moment is the mouse control is ass. I'm reading that this is a Lithtech engine issue with modern mice, but I don't have the same problem with NOLF or NOLF2, so I dunno.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-09-alien-isolation-artwork-leaks-ahead-of-official-reveal

138658637495.jpg

138658638963.jpg

I'm intrigued by the fact that they haven't put a sweaty FUCK YEAH Space Marine with a big fat gun onto the promo art. This reeks of potential.

Cautiously Day 1 contemplating.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer

Fuck. Generally, I'm all against the SJW/feminazi bullshit, but one of the major points about Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley was that instead of looking sugarsweet/hotchick/supermodel, she looked somewhat tomboyish (and acted quite masculine) and, in the later installations, rather jaded. So OF COURSE her daughter is beautiful and keeps those puffy lips open as if moaningly whispering "protect your waifu, gaimer-sama, protect me!" That's how you keep the fucking atmosphere rolling, yeah.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers."

Why is everybody ignoring this? The game will automatically be shit because of that. At best they'll maybe pull a half-assed F.E.A.R.

You dumbshit. This is preferable to shooting hordes of Aliens. We don't need another Randy Pitchfraud rape attempt at the Alien franchise.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Why is everybody ignoring this? The game will automatically be shit because of that. At best they'll maybe pull a half-assed F.E.A.R.
You dumbshit. This is preferable to shooting hordes of Aliens. We don't need another Randy Pitchfraud rape attempt at the Alien franchise.

You cocksucker. Devs churn out pure pestilent diarrhea and morons like you suck on it like leeches. That's why everything is shit.

Of course A:CM was garbage but haven't you played the original AvP you twat?

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Fuck. Generally, I'm all against the SJW/feminazi bullshit, but one of the major points about Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley was that instead of looking sugarsweet/hotchick/supermodel, she looked somewhat tomboyish (and acted quite masculine) and, in the later installations, rather jaded. So OF COURSE her daughter is beautiful and keeps those puffy lips open as if moaningly whispering "protect your waifu, gaimer-sama, protect me!" That's how you keep the fucking atmosphere rolling, yeah.

What's wrong with a Marion Cotillard clone? I prefer it over some hysterical American feminist shithead that supposedly constitutes a "strong" woman today.

Stompa

Arcane

This is preferable to shooting hordes of Aliens.

Are you retarded? How is shooting generic soldiers a-la Call of Duty and its ilk is better than shooting hordes of Aliens? At least with Aliens you'd have enemy variety.

Overboard

Arcane
Fuck. Generally, I'm all against the SJW/feminazi bullshit, but one of the major points about Sigourney Weaver as Ellen Ripley was that instead of looking sugarsweet/hotchick/supermodel, she looked somewhat tomboyish (and acted quite masculine)

alien-sigourney-weaver.jpg

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Are you retarded? How is shooting generic soldiers a-la Call of Duty and its ilk is better than shooting hordes of Aliens? At least with Aliens you'd have enemy variety.

Haven't you read? It's not going to be a Call of Duty shooter moron. Go back to the first page and read again.

Stompa
Barely Literate

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
My fanboy boner is fully erect after seeing one green space screen teaser.

I'm destined for disappointment.

Stompa

Arcane

Haven't you read? It's not going to be a Call of Duty shooter moron. Go back to the first page and read again.

Ah, yes, influenced by shitty watered down action\stealth and a series degenerated into CoD with dimension travel. That sure shows it won't be a mindless :popamole:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Alien: a frail, scantly clad woman runs from a man in a penis suit. The audience waits in eager anticipation of when will the bitch finally get raped.

Stompa

Arcane
If you think Dishonored and CoD are the same thing then I advice you to kill yourself right now before it's too late and you die horribly of an overdose of stupidity.

Where do these newfags come from?

No, I think latest Bioshock and CoD are the same thing, get your facts straight, grandpa:smug:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If you think Dishonored and CoD are the same thing then I advice you to kill yourself right now before it's too late and you die horribly of an overdose of stupidity.

Where do these newfags come from?

No, I think latest Bioshock and CoD are the same thing, get your facts straight, grandpa:smug:

That's pretty dumb too, all debates about quality aside. You don't have to pretend apples and oranges are the same thing to say you dislike apples and oranges.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom