Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aliens: Colonial Marines

MapMan

Arcane
And you guys can hate all you want on Borderlands, but I loved it. LOVED IT.

Gearbox has some folks who know what they're doing. If they need to sell out on a project like this to pay for Borderlands 2, so be it.

And you're a member with a registration date of 2011, thus your opinion doesn't matter at all. AT ALL.
:kfc:

Gregz

Arcane
And you guys can hate all you want on Borderlands, but I loved it. LOVED IT.

Gearbox has some folks who know what they're doing. If they need to sell out on a project like this to pay for Borderlands 2, so be it.

And you're a member with a registration date of 2011, thus your opinion doesn't matter at all. AT ALL.

I've probably been playing games longer than you've been alive, so EABOD. Also, registering on a forum earlier than the next guy doesn't make you an expert of anything, except forum trolling in your case.

I like Borderlands too. I can play it with my pad and it's comfy that way.

Yeah, it works OK in Borderlands because there's a lot more space to work with (Aliens has to be close quarters, fast, and claustrophobic).

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Well that's the problem with multi-platform development. I'd rather have an FPS made for PC that uses keyboard and mouse to its full potential, but if it's made for consoles, it'll likely have a different gameplay, which may not be as slow paced as people imagine but mostly enemies that stand in a same spot and do not dodge much. In the new AvP game it was disturbing to see the aliens move so slow compared to the first 2 games. At least playing with a pad made it more challenging, and the game was designed to be played that way, but still … If anything, again, it's more comfy to play that way.

MapMan

Arcane
Stop blaming the consoles. Start blaming developers who make shitty games (Gearbox) and people who buy and play them (you).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Start blaming Publishers and their retarded Marketing Departments who make shitty games for consoles and people who buy and play them (you).

Fixed that there for you hon. Might want to take a refresher on How Games Are Made 101.

MapMan

Arcane
20:15:49 < MapMan> Jaesun|GAY: it has nothing to do with how games are made, my
dear friend.
20:16:01 < MapMan> Jaesun|GAY: when developers sign a contract they know
exactly what they're in for
20:16:50 < MapMan> Jaesun|GAY: Surely gearbox wanted to create a fast paced PC
shooter but then evil publisher came in and said "STOP RIGHT
THERE CRIMINAL SCUM" and told them to create slow ass, qte
driven, lame console shootan
20:17:20 < MapMan> they knew what they got themselves into, they are to blame
20:19:31 <@Jaesun|GAY> Ok, I think you're right after all. I would like to apologize
for making such a comment as well as voting obama.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Really, wouldn't it be MUCH better to make the aliens faster, deadlier but at the same time not bullet sponges?? Who designs this shit?

And that part where there are 3 aliens pinning down 3 marines to the ground and they look all exactly the same? Shit's just awful.

Give me AvP and AvP2 any day of the week over this mess.

GreyViper

Prophet
MapMan
you might want to edit your last post and remove non relevant stuff, hell post it at retardo land for all I care. This has no place in GG, besides really posting chat logs is kind of low if its not GD.

As to game it does give of that 1st AVP vibe that Rebelion did, hope it does not end up like 3rd one did. And why the hell wont they use some of the stuff from comics?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
It will have to work hard to top AvP3, where in the xenophobic horror theme of the series it was revealed in the end that you were playing a black man all along. No seriously, you don't see yourself in the third person until the final cutscene.

It is also a very bad game.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
AvP 2 didn't age as gracefully as other titles but it is still a nice game. AvP3 is a terrible game but the first 2 marine levels are well-done. Heavily scripted and with mediocre voice acting but they are dark and claustrophobic in just the right way, plus you got an infinite wave of aliens to flee from, which is always a good thing. It's also nice that the acid blood was made far more lethal in this game than others, at least on hard difficulty, with a headshot at close range spraying enough acid that it can kill you even at full health. It's sad that the rest of the game is a few moments of fun in a big load of tedium, especially when those small moments really show the potential this game had.

Seriously though, I don't mind a corridor shooter with scripted events and slow bullet-sponge aliens as long as it's fun. This one also has co-op, which sounds promising. It's pretty much the only mainstream game I'm having some hopes for.

corvus

Arcane
It looks like the aliens are invulnerable while they're doing their face nomming animation in the multiplayer video. I have to join in on the circlejerk here and preemptively deem this game shit.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
If you raise your gun and look down the barrel to utilise the iron sights you should already be dead when fighting xenomorphs. One of the only games that really captured that was Alien Resurrection on the PS1, in every xeno fight you would more than likely take substantial damage even one on one, and you didn't want to encounter an alien because it was more than likely the death of you.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I have nothing against slow player movement, I think it helps feeling vulnerable, but the action is slow as shit. And I can't fucking believe they didn't program better AI, and have more animation sets. I mean they had like 6 years time for this fucking game and yet the Aliens barely behave smarter/more terrifying than AvP 2010.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Looks boring as fuck. Graphics are unimpressive, voice acting is shit, gameplay is shit, quick time events are fuuuuu to begin with but here they are boring to boot. Shit game is shit, moar raping of the Alien franchise.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would like to know how are there any structures left standing in the epicentre of a nuclear explosion? (Bishop said it was the size of Nebraska or something like that, didn't he?)
Also name dropping Scott when making a game based on Cameron's film.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I just want someone to make an Aliens Left 4 Dead clone. Take L4D's basic structure (i.e. hour long campaigns with 4 person co-op) and just graft aliens over the zombies. It seems so obvious and so perfect and so easy that I'm shocked no one has done it yet. That's initially what this game sounded like, which would be awesome, but the more info that's released about it the more it seems that it's just going to be a standard FPS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom