Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

All time top 50 of MAJESTIC RPGs (in France)

Mortmal

Arcane
Its right above god of war 3 and barbie horse adventure, why the surprise ? You seems doubtful about our fine reviewers credibility.

Satan

Educated
I'm surprised Deus Ex HR is not the #1. After all it's both hyped, good and French game.

Mortmal

Arcane
No its not a french game, theres no good french games since decades.

Mortmal

Arcane
Helly said:
Well we had Arx fatalis, and...
:/

:decline: of France
ah! yes, arx fatalis,but it was published by jowood and arkane studio is now part of bethesda. I am not sure they still pay their taxes in france.
That aside i must go back to ishar and drakkhen to find a good french rpg.And people here will say ishar is a sub might and magic game.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
The Wittcher is number 2?
Are we sure this is a french site ?

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So skyrim is somehow a little french ? Well, whadyouknow :salute:
We do have some indies though: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy, Winter voices...
Yet i cannot say if there is some incline to be found here :?

And Twitcher 1 actually got more praise than its sequel in france afaik.
Guess we have good taste for at least one thing :lol:

Peter

Arcane
That list is... odd. Some very derp choices, some very good choices and some very kawaii choices, all strewn about haphazardly.

Machocruz

Arcane
A game that just came out shoots straight to the top of the list?

What the fuck is going on out there? I can't believe this is happening. Just how much money did Zenimax spend on marketing? Who do they have photos of in comprising positions?

Machocruz said:
A game that just came out shoots straight to the top of the list?

What the fuck is going on out there? I can't believe this is happening. Just how much money did Zenimax spend on marketing? Who do they have photos of in comprising positions?

Not needed. The guy who made the list is just going "omfgjanifja ifh aih d MAJESTIC!!!
xcom1rm1.png
" like everyone else.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Machocruz said:
A game that just came out shoots straight to the top of the list? What the fuck is going on out there? I can't believe this is happening.
you-must-be-new-here.jpg

There's nothing new or surprising about new, hyped games appearing on a best games of all time list.

Machocruz

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
There's nothing new or surprising about new, hyped games appearing on a best games of all time list.

I know it's not new, but this is like the last straw of me being sick of the hype for this game. People have a cult-like devotion to the game. It's perverse and obscene

Turjan

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
Machocruz said:
A game that just came out shoots straight to the top of the list? What the fuck is going on out there? I can't believe this is happening.
Sure. But the list seems to be very TES-friendly in general. Skyrim - 1, Morrowind - 4, Oblivion - 11, Daggerfall - 23.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Turjan said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Machocruz said:
Sure. But the list seems to be very TES-friendly in general. Skyrim - 1, Morrowind - 4, Oblivion - 11, Daggerfall - 23.
Yes? Skyrim is part of the TES-series. It's a good thing to show that the number one game hail from such fine ancestry.

edit: Stating the obvious: top ten lists are a marketing tool. Don't ever be surprised that websites or magazines suddenly decide it's time to call the best games of all time when a hyped, high-profile game is just released. Just shrug it off.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
TBH, i was really surprised at that list. I was REALLY expecting like 40 jrpg and FFVII coming first.
Still somehow annoyed to see Oblivion with such a rank.

Edit:Also, no Pokemon ? Color me surprised

Erebus

Arcane
Just in case anyone is curious about what the article says about Skyrim :

The best RPG of all time, the one all roleplayers will mention with respect and starry eyes, is Skyrim, the fifth game of the legendary "Elder Scrolls" series. And if you think it's too early yet to judge such a recently-published game, you'll be convinced of the opposite once you've mentioned its name and heard the players describe with passion theirown experience in the highly immersive world of Skyrim.

I'm too lazy to translate the rest, but I'll sum it up : "Blablablafuckingbla, I've written similar bullshit about many other games back when they were new and, the next time I pretend I'm smart enough to make a Top Whatever of CRPGs, Skyrim will probably occupy the tenth or fifteenth place. Please kill me."

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
Why would anyone even BOTHER flicking entirely through a list which has Skyrim on top?
I mean, even the people here that swallowed the thick, creamy loads of FUSRODDDDUUUH will SURELY agree that Skyrim CAN'T be described as being GOAT, not by a long shot.

Renegen

Arcane
More than half the list are jRPGs. Meh, at least Fallout is #3 (and Fallout 3 #40 hehe).

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
:salute: Erebus, i was too lazy to translate it myself

And yeah, this site has the derpiest lists ever, making you go game after game to see the 'best', and not giving any deepness. Still, at least it's not just a list and they tried to explain why those shitty jrpgs deserved their place there.

If you understand french, i invite you to read the comments: it is derpiness at its' best

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom