Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Allowing Savegames only in certain locations/havens?

Allowing Savegames only in certain locations/havens?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Yes, but make it an optional "Ironman Mode"

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No (please elaborate why)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tiagocc0

Arcane
In my project, player already can't save while in combat mode, dialogue, in "big map" travel mode, and while standing inside a random encounter map.

It's because of engine issues, but I'll happily pretend it's a gameplay mechanic.

Hahaha, that's the best kind of engine issues.

I personally prefer saving only at certain points and lots of rewards for choosing this type of gameplay.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Save/checkpoints is the best save system ever made. That way, and only that way, you are required to actually think about what you're doing. You mustn't be allowed to save anywhere, that's just pussy mode and takes all the challenge out. You should be, however, allowed to exit the game if you want to, which should create something like a temporary save file that you can't simply reload.

This. Two things to note:

If you do add in pussy mode, do it AFTER you've finished the game and people have tried it with the restrictions. Otherwise you'll be trying to balance for people saying it's not hard enough when they reload every 3rd failure. People don't admit when they're doing that either, not even to themselves.

Make sure there is some sort of backup save to deal with the game crashing/computer/power failure etc. Yeah people can use it to cheat slightly easier, but who gives a fuck, they could do it anyways.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom